BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-15-2007, 05:39 AM   #1
savage.ulm1
First Lieutenant
savage.ulm1's Avatar
Italy
25
Rep
398
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

First Italian official test. 4,5sec 0-100km/h

So here we are..Finally it is official in my language a long report (12 pages) regarding a test of the new M3 and the S5.I have the preview in my hands and the magazine will be on selling in the next hours.
The magazine is the prestigious "AUTO", well known in my Country. Sport oriented magazine.
Some numbers:
0-100km/h 4,5 sec (S5 5,25s.)
0-1000 meters 22,83 (faster than Audi R8 and Porsche 997s), not so far from a Porsche GT3
Time on the race track of Balocco (5,5km) :2'56".50 (997s 2'54".50--Audi S5
3'.01). But the track was not totally dry,they say.
This BMW M3 is faster than the M5-M6 (4 sec.)on this track.

So if these are the official times, expecially on the 0-1000mt, what will be able to do the future CSL? she will be able to compete with the Porsche GT3 in my opinion.

Brakes: they are ok on the track for some tours, later you need to give them the possibility to breath. So I think that for normal use these brakes will be very good!

Steering: not bad, not so soft, but still the wheel doesn't comunicate the 100% to your arms...

Final conclusions : they say GREAT CAR!!!

Bye
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 06:24 AM   #2
M2002
Private First Class
M2002's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
115
Posts

 
Drives: 04 330i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Thanks Great post imagine what the lap time of the M3 with DCT will be?:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 06:42 AM   #3
ILC32
Lieutenant
ILC32's Avatar
18
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the summary. Sounds encouraging!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
Filthy Monkey
Private First Class
16
Rep
193
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for this. Great post and excellent figures. I love this car!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Thx.

Thought Audi claimed the S5 does 0-100km/h in 4.9sec?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
609
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Thx.

Thought Audi claimed the S5 does 0-100km/h in 4.9sec?
Audi claims 5.1s.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
savage.ulm1
First Lieutenant
savage.ulm1's Avatar
Italy
25
Rep
398
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
Thanks for this. Great post and excellent figures. I love this car!
More datas:

ON THE SAME TRACK:

MERCEDES CLK63AMG 3'07"98 (481HP)
CAYMAN 2'57"65
M5 TOURING 2'59"35
AUDI R8 2'52"78 (TRUE WEIGHT 1.627KG)

PERFORMANCE M3:
M3 - R8

0-400 mt 12"65 (12"70)
0-120km-h 5"95 (6"25)
0-140km-h 7"81 (7"91)
0-160km-h 9"75 (10"23)
0-180km-h 12"42 (12"76)

80-120 km-h in VI gear 7"74 (3"01 A)

brakes:

100km-h 0 33,4mt!! (34mt)
160km-h 0 87,9mt (89,4mt)

TRUE WEIGHT WITH OPTIONS AND FULL OF FUEL
1.605KG

REGARDS
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #8
MI6
The World is Not Enough
MI6's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
1,063
Posts

 
Drives: Aston DBS-R
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Skyfall

iTrader: (0)

This is great news................

0-100kmh/0-62mph in 4.5 sec's means 0-60ph in approx. 4.2 sec's! That's very quick and 3-4 tenths faster than the RS4.

This is good news as the Audi trolls were so quick to demand more proof than just C/D's time of 4.4 secs.....
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #9
bkM3
Lieutenant
8
Rep
576
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi Black/Black
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Audi claims 5.1s.

Best regards, south
they sat 0-100 kph is 5.1 but o-60 mph is 4.9
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
609
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkM3 View Post
they sat 0-100 kph is 5.1 but o-60 mph is 4.9
Yeah, Epacy was asking for the former.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #11
m_bazeepaymon
Major
19
Rep
1,075
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2002 View Post
Thanks Great post imagine what the lap time of the M3 with DCT will be?:rocks:
hopefully you assume its a straight track
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #12
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.ulm1 View Post
TRUE WEIGHT WITH OPTIONS AND FULL OF FUEL
1.605KG
= 3538 lb. Further this number is quite close to the 1611 kg = 3552 lb reported by here on http://www.rri.se .

However, both of these figures are > than the expected curb weight (3487 lb) which includes a full fuel tank but < than the EU weight (with driver, 90% fuel, etc.) of 3648 lb. Anyway you look it appears the cars a coming in a bit heavier than BMW spec of 1655 kg (3648 lb) EU weight.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #13
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

So confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
hopefully you assume its a straight track
You have posted this crap before. Why do you insist on believing that DCT will only help drag racing times and not on a track? Total foolishness. Each shift UNDER POWER with DCT (vs. MT) will put the DCT car ahead in distance, speed, time to distance and time to speed. What are you missing?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
Expired
Fanatic
Expired's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
So the 0-60 will definitely be under the listed 4.8 Seconds?

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #15
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
= 3538 lb. Further this number is quite close to the 1611 kg = 3552 lb reported by here on http://www.rri.se .

However, both of these figures are > than the expected curb weight (3487 lb) which includes a full fuel tank but < than the EU weight (with driver, 90% fuel, etc.) of 3648 lb. Anyway you look it appears the cars a coming in a bit heavier than BMW spec of 1655 kg (3648 lb) EU weight.
Are those two reported weights for optioned cars though? I assume BMW's curb 3487 lbs is for the base car with no options?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 03:01 PM   #16
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Yeah, Epacy was asking for the former.

Best regards, south
Perhaps I was remembering the 0-60 time.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #17
m_bazeepaymon
Major
19
Rep
1,075
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
You have posted this crap before. Why do you insist on believing that DCT will only help drag racing times and not on a track? Total foolishness. Each shift UNDER POWER with DCT (vs. MT) will put the DCT car ahead in distance, speed, time to distance and time to speed. What are you missing?
no I am not trying to start shit lol
I am saying that it will be a difference but not a disgusting difference, even though M DCT will be faster shifts etc.

So thats the crap that should be none
Understand?
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #18
Rob66
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: Audi S5, MB CLK 320,
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Graz, Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.ulm1 View Post
More datas:

ON THE SAME TRACK:

MERCEDES CLK63AMG 3'07"98 (481HP)
CAYMAN 2'57"65
M5 TOURING 2'59"35
AUDI R8 2'52"78 (TRUE WEIGHT 1.627KG)

PERFORMANCE M3:
M3 - R8

0-400 mt 12"65 (12"70)
0-120km-h 5"95 (6"25)
0-140km-h 7"81 (7"91)
0-160km-h 9"75 (10"23)
0-180km-h 12"42 (12"76)

80-120 km-h in VI gear 7"74 (3"01 A)

brakes:

100km-h 0 33,4mt!! (34mt)
160km-h 0 87,9mt (89,4mt)

TRUE WEIGHT WITH OPTIONS AND FULL OF FUEL
1.605KG

REGARDS


It would be very intresting if Michelin Cups were used?
Thanks!

Greetings Robert
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #19
E90ice
Banned
E90ice's Avatar
51
Rep
2,004
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

It looks like the M3 is quite close performance wise with the R8, despite the 40-$50,000 price difference.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 10:02 PM   #20
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Confused again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
no I am not trying to start shit lol
I am saying that it will be a difference but not a disgusting difference, even though M DCT will be faster shifts etc.

So thats the crap that should be none
Understand?
I did not say you were trying to start s%^$, I did not say anything like that in fact. I just said you are confused. Sure the difference will not be "disgusting" (diction???) but it will be significant and obvious in most circumstances.

"So thats the crap that should be none
Understand?"

^WTF??, no I don't understand and I doubt anyone else does either
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2007, 11:00 PM   #21
m_bazeepaymon
Major
19
Rep
1,075
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I did not say you were trying to start s%^$, I did not say anything like that in fact. I just said you are confused. Sure the difference will not be "disgusting" (diction???) but it will be significant and obvious in most circumstances.

"So thats the crap that should be none
Understand?"

^WTF??, no I don't understand and I doubt anyone else does either
and when i said start S***
i meant Confusion etc.

and maybe starting 6 speed over DSG arguments....

lol and I will stop using those dictions like "sick" "disgusting"
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2007, 02:40 AM   #22
savage.ulm1
First Lieutenant
savage.ulm1's Avatar
Italy
25
Rep
398
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob66 View Post
It would be very intresting if Michelin Cups were used?
Thanks!

Greetings Robert

Hi...
today I will be in Graz coming from Maribor...
The world is not so big, isn't true?
No Cup, but Pirelli PZero.
bye
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST