BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

E92 Lighting

05-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
michelley91
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 M3 JetBlack

Rhino Custom Detailing

Hey Everyone! Was just wondering if anyone here has taken their cars to rhinos to get their cars detailed. Im thinking about taking my car there to get it detailed and get clear bra done.
      05-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
aus
Major General

Drives: Odysse

Did two cars there and had a great experience.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
      05-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelley91 View Post
Hey Everyone! Was just wondering if anyone here has taken their cars to rhinos to get their cars detailed. Im thinking about taking my car there to get it detailed and get clear bra done.
I know the owner Alex real well, they do extremely high end cars for a reason...
      07-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
boston3000

Drives: '12 JB E92 M3

Hey guys, first time poster here that just bought his first M3 (late-2011 AW w/ competition pkg., premium pkg., cold weather pkg., premium sound and black novillo leather).

Got what I thought was a great deal, but I've noticed a smoke smell develop over the past few days that was well-covered up when I bought the car (shame as it was advertised as a non-smoker car and def. smelled nicer last week).

I'm hopeful to get the car smelling normal in the near-term before I spend on getting all the interior upholstery redone in a couple of years. As such, I was going to have the dealer replace the cabin air filter this week and then head down to Rhino this weekend (40+ mile drive for me from West Hollywood) to have the interior cleaned thoroughly w/ shampoo, etc. and to have them perform the ozone treatment (wasn't able to track down many places that offered both services).

Wondering if you guys think Rhino is a solid bet to do the interior cleaning, ozone treatment, etc. (vs. exterior detail work which I think I'm good on for now) and if it's worth the 40+ mile drive (i.e. are there a couple of places that'll do as good or better of a job that are closer to the general LA area?).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by boston3000; 07-17-2013 at 08:18 PM.
boston3000 is offline   United_States
      07-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
Bleen
Mmmmmmmm 3

Drives: 2010 E93 M3

Also curious about recommended detailers in the LA area as my 2010 needs serious swirl fixing... :-)
Bleen is offline   United_States
      07-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
pkimM3r
Major General

Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Im curious as well. But price is key or ill do it myself.
      07-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #7
aus
Major General

Drives: Odysse

I was pretty happy with Rhino overall, but I had a scratch he said he could buff out and I paid $20 for it. He didn't do shit and I still got charged. Went to tlp's place and he buffed out 85% of it for me with his big ass buffer.

There's a guy in Whispering Bomb (LA Chapter CCA mailer) who seems to really know his stuff.
There's also someone on the detail section who's suppose to be good here.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."