BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

PYSPEED
Closed Thread

05-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #111
sasha1015

Drives: VW GLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis
More important than 6 pack or no, is pretty or not. Skinny sure doesn't equal pretty, seems people forget this. Lots of cheering for really homely gals with low body fat.

BUT a woman who takes care of herself is awesome, chick pack, no chick pack. Healthy is healthy. Bright eyes, shiny hair, good skin, that freaking weird glowing thing that ladies do when they feel good, all more important than skinny, or 6pack. We've all met that skinny chick who is clearly NOT healthy, but by god her "raw foods" "vegan" lifestyle says she's healthy...

SO 6 pack might be victory, might be a horrible fail, neither will be the result of the actual rectus abdominus. FWIW I love strong abs under a little bit of soft, you know in shape, but not afraid of a beer, and doesn't define herself based on BMI.
Thanks

Yeah i love meat way too much. Id never give that up.

i do love to work out. So my plan is to just be more fit and toned.
      05-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #112
Epic404
Epic404

Drives: 2007 BMW 335I Convertible

I'd take flat over abs. The thing I find the most disgusting though is muscular shoulders/neck/arms on women. Totally de-feminizing. Keep the work-out weight low up top.
Epic404 is offline   United_States
      05-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #113
Sam335ix
Major

Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Let me tell you something about the mindset of someone with 6 packs, ripped body etc... They don't give a flying fart about what anyone else thinks, they accomplish something that 90 percent of the population only dream about. I know how hard it is to build up a 6 pack, I know how hard it is to stay lean and strong now that I am 40. The discipline that requires for dieting and all the hard work and sweat that I have put in to my body. When I see a female that is in shape, 6 pack and nice muscle tone I know and I are a woman that is confident, cares about her self and is outgoing and will accomplish her goals in life. I find all of that attractive, when I was lifting very heavy a few years ago I got too big (all natural) and my family and friends found it ugly and kept on saying girls don't like that look, they want a ripped smaller size dudes... Lol I didn't give a f what a girl thought, the mentality of what I was able to accomplish outweighed what others think. It was all for me, I am now back at 200 and pretty happy.
      05-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #114
amanda hor$t
Banned

Drives: a380

^ i was deep into the gym game for several years (gym regulars actually thought i worked there), and all i can say is that the gym/trainer crowd can be a sharky bunch. a whole lot of meatheads that think they run the world because they know their way around exercise more than most. it's too high maintenance, and for some, just another way to be a snob.

a few months ago i signed up for a new gym that opened across the street. but the attitude was just unbearable. ended up getting my money back the day they opened. i'm much happier swimming in the backyard, playing some ball outside, and talking walks.

of course, people love to hate me so ymmv

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 05-24-2013 at 09:47 AM.
      05-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #115
shah269
Captain

Drives: 2009

I fucked up, my gym is next to a freaking weight watchers.....the view is for SHIT!
so the ladies who have worked hard to stay in shape and who care about their bodies....thank you for existing. And please visit my gym often...the view is killing me!
shah269 is offline   United_States
      05-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #116
BBBluey
Captain

Drives: very slow and courteous

You're so close. Do it, get the 6 pack and take all the pics you can so you have them for memory...and then let it all go and please the BF.
      05-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #117
JLed79
First Lieutenant

Drives: Fast, very very fast...

Sasha, as long as your happy with your body and you feel good about yourself nothing else matters, including your bfs opinion. If you want the 6 pack and that's a goal for you then I say go for it. If he doesn't like it and it's that big of a deal for him then maybe he's not the right guy for you anyway. He should want you to be happy, whether that's with a 6 pack or a keg lol. My two cents.
      05-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #118
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha1015 View Post
Thanks

Yeah i love meat way too much. Id never give that up.

i do love to work out. So my plan is to just be more fit and toned.
You keep talking about eating meat as if it's a bad thing for someone who hits the gym like you do. You do realize the protein in the meat you love is fueling your body and giving your muscles what they crave, right? It's very difficult to work out hard and get fat by eating mostly meats. Not heart healthy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
Let me tell you something about the mindset of someone with 6 packs, ripped body etc... They don't give a flying fart about what anyone else thinks, they accomplish something that 90 percent of the population only dream about. I know how hard it is to build up a 6 pack, I know how hard it is to stay lean and strong now that I am 40. The discipline that requires for dieting and all the hard work and sweat that I have put in to my body. When I see a female that is in shape, 6 pack and nice muscle tone I know and I are a woman that is confident, cares about her self and is outgoing and will accomplish her goals in life. I find all of that attractive, when I was lifting very heavy a few years ago I got too big (all natural) and my family and friends found it ugly and kept on saying girls don't like that look, they want a ripped smaller size dudes... Lol I didn't give a f what a girl thought, the mentality of what I was able to accomplish outweighed what others think. It was all for me, I am now back at 200 and pretty happy.
Most of the women i have met in the gym who must maintain that 6 pack are anything but confident. They typically have very low self-esteem; hence the body building. I want someone who is confident, cares about themselves, outgoing and motivated, but not because of the way they look or what they accomplished in the gym. I'm sure you meant the same thing, but many people mistake that outer beauty for confidence etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
^ i was deep into the gym game for several years (gym regulars actually thought i worked there), and all i can say is that the gym/trainer crowd can be a sharky bunch. a whole lot of meatheads that think they run the world because they know their way around exercise more than most. it's too high maintenance, and for some, just another way to be a snob.

a few months ago i signed up for a new gym that opened across the street. but the attitude was just unbearable. ended up getting my money back the day they opened. i'm much happier swimming in the backyard, playing some ball outside, and talking walks.

I thought for sure this was going to be an Global Gym VS Average Joe's story!

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      05-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #119
Sam335ix
Major

Drives: 335 ix performance edition

^^^ Everyone can have self confidence issues, it happens to the best of us. Lifting, staying in shape is all about a mind set and discipline and living a healthy life. Just because someone has a 6 pack doesnt mean they are insecure, its the opposite at least the people I know. I hate the meat head mentality, I dont look at anyone in the gym while I am lifting, I help people if they ask me and I mind my own business. I am there to rip my self a new ahole and then leave and go about my day lol... but I understand what your saying, to each their own.

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
      05-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #120
whats77inaname
Native Texan

Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBluey View Post
You're so close. Do it, get the 6 pack and take all the pics you can so you have them for memory...and then let it all go and please the BF.
Have to disagree with this. Shouldn't have to "let it all go" to please anyone. That's like you setting the goal to be the CEO of a major corporation and when you finally get that promotion, since your wife isn't happy about it, you letting it all go to please her. Stuff like that causes resentment, and that's unhealthy. I understand give and take, but when it comes to my health and keeping my body fit, I'm not trying to please anyone but myself.

Not stock.
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
      05-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #121
sasha1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls

Lol yeah i asked someone for help and he showed me, then a second later some other guy runs over (meat head looking fella) and goes "thats not right! Let ME show you...." I was like uhhh thanks bro!
And some trainers are a little too conceded for me. But i still need to go to the gym for the motivation lol
If i was planning on swimming in my back yard for exercise i would end up drinking a piña colada in the pool for 5 minutes then go on a lounge chair and sleep for the rest of the day lol so that wouldn't work hahahah
      05-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #122
sasha1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLed79
Sasha, as long as your happy with your body and you feel good about yourself nothing else matters, including your bfs opinion. If you want the 6 pack and that's a goal for you then I say go for it. If he doesn't like it and it's that big of a deal for him then maybe he's not the right guy for you anyway. He should want you to be happy, whether that's with a 6 pack or a keg lol. My two cents.
Thanks
      05-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #123
sasha1015

MP0WER
Your post it too long to quote lol. Thanks for ur input
Definitely agree with you on the self esteem. I definitely do not go there for a confidence boost lol. I just love being at the gym and getting more energy and stuff.

About the meat thing. I wasnt saying its bad. I was just saying that i would NEVERRRR give up anything i eat lol. If i was craving a nice big steak with butter all over it and i was told i cant have it, I would probably dieeee. Hahaha
Yeah meat isnt too bad but in the long run its bad for the heart... Good thing im in the medical field and work with cardiologists lol jkjk hopefully i wont need any stents any time soon lol.
      05-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #124
sasha1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix
^^^ Everyone can have self confidence issues, it happens to the best of us. Lifting, staying in shape is all about a mind set and discipline and living a healthy life. Just because someone has a 6 pack doesnt mean they are insecure, its the opposite at least the people I know. I hate the meat head mentality, I dont look at anyone in the gym while I am lifting, I help people if they ask me and I mind my own business. I am there to rip my self a new ahole and then leave and go about my day lol... but I understand what your saying, to each their own.
U seems like a good work out buddy!
      05-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #125
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha1015 View Post
MP0WER
Your post it too long to quote lol. Thanks for ur input
Definitely agree with you on the self esteem. I definitely do not go there for a confidence boost lol. I just love being at the gym and getting more energy and stuff.

About the meat thing. I wasnt saying its bad. I was just saying that i would NEVERRRR give up anything i eat lol. If i was craving a nice big steak with butter all over it and i was told i cant have it, I would probably dieeee. Hahaha
Yeah meat isnt too bad but in the long run its bad for the heart... Good thing im in the medical field and work with cardiologists lol jkjk hopefully i wont need any stents any time soon lol.
I wasn't pointing the self esteem thing towards you. My wife was a gym rat and is now a triathlete. She's training all the time, because it's fun. It doesn't define her. I know you guys are out there.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      05-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #126
nvn
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 335i E92

Garage List
I'm more attracted to tone legs/butt being that I used to be a hardcore runner. But since the topic is six packs....I prefer just a flat stomach with a little definition.

nvn is offline   United_States
      06-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #127
keepittrill
Banned

Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Wow, none of those women were over a B cup. I'll pass.
keepittrill is offline   United_States
      06-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #128
amanda hor$t
Banned

Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
Wow, none of those women were over a B cup. I'll pass.
yeah love the squeeze play
      06-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #129
ErvGotti
Major

Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.00]
Felt like this thread needed more pics

06-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #130
Chewy734
Major General

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
I'm sorry I am not caring about what you say...wow i'm in love!
who is she and she needs to find me quick!
enjoy?

Currently for sale: N/A
Chewy734 is offline   United_States
      06-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #131
ZDDP1273
Private First Class

Drives: 11 E90 335i M Sport LeMansBlue

Not necessarily a 6 pack, but fit girls are amazing. http://thechive.com/2013/06/07/a-few...end-56-photos/
ZDDP1273 is offline   United_States
      06-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #132
sasha1015

The chive! Lol
Best app on my phone! HAhahah
Closed Thread