BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
JLed79
First Lieutenant
 
JLed79's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, very very fast...
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In front of AMGs

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Wintertime vacation destination ideas.

I'm looking for somewhere cool to go in Jan/ Feb when its cold and snowy here. Probably just the wife and me, maybe another couple. Beachy stuff with other fun stuff to do too. Basically I'm wondering where in the world has great weather then. Any ideas? I've been thinking Costa Rica, but not sold on anywhere in particular. Also, any where have good fishing then? That would be great. Would love to go get a Marlin somewhere. Thanks.
JLed79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
KingOfJericho
Brigadier General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 4,853
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Turks & Caicos is fantastic and a 3hr direct flight from JFK.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
JLed79
First Lieutenant
 
JLed79's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, very very fast...
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In front of AMGs

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Oh wow. That's not bad at all. I forgot to mention that a shorter flight would be better. The wife gets pretty air sick. Had thought about Bora bora or Tahiti, but the flights are just too long for her.
How's the weather there then and is there good fishing?
JLed79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
amanda hor$t
Banned
 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

i think hawaii's the same all year
amanda hor$t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
KingOfJericho
Brigadier General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 4,853
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLed79 View Post
Oh wow. That's not bad at all. I forgot to mention that a shorter flight would be better. The wife gets pretty air sick. Had thought about Bora bora or Tahiti, but the flights are just too long for her.
How's the weather there then and is there good fishing?
No idea about fishing but the weather is fantastic.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
JLed79
First Lieutenant
 
JLed79's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, very very fast...
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In front of AMGs

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
i think hawaii's the same all year
Ya. We've done hawaii and that's too far for her to fly too. I'd opt for Australia, but there's no way she could make that flight.
JLed79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
JLed79
First Lieutenant
 
JLed79's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, very very fast...
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In front of AMGs

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Thanks King.
JLed79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
lsmkr01
Major
 
lsmkr01's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbia, SC

Posts: 1,433
iTrader: (0)

If you want to stay close go to the Carribean (closer to south america). If you want to go further go to the Philippines (Boracay Island). Plane ticket isn't cheap but once your there its dirt cheap and you get treated like royalty for pennies on the dollar. Its amazingly beautiful, the food is delicious and the people are awesome. I'm not philippino either (I'm American), just went there while I was working in China and it still was my best vacation ever.
lsmkr01 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
Wraith.
Captain
 
Wraith.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 787
iTrader: (0)

My wife and I go down to Puerto Vallarta every year to escape the 6 months of gloom we experience up here. From Seattle it's a straight shot, 4 hrs.

Last edited by Wraith.; 05-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Wraith. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,346
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLed79 View Post
Had thought about Bora bora or Tahiti
I'm not vacationing anywhere a Navy destroyer cant get there in a few hours.
__________________
Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/ Countermeasure enthusiast.
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
upstatedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #11
JLed79
First Lieutenant
 
JLed79's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, very very fast...
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In front of AMGs

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
If you want to stay close go to the Carribean (closer to south america). If you want to go further go to the Philippines (Boracay Island). Plane ticket isn't cheap but once your there its dirt cheap and you get treated like royalty for pennies on the dollar. Its amazingly beautiful, the food is delicious and the people are awesome. I'm not philippino either (I'm American), just went there while I was working in China and it still was my best vacation ever.
The Phillipines are great. I was stationed in Okinawa for a while and got to go down to the Phillipines a couple times. Thailand is awesome too. They're both just too far for her to fly. Thanks for your input though!
JLed79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
JLed79
First Lieutenant
 
JLed79's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, very very fast...
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In front of AMGs

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
My wife and I go down to Puerto Vallarta every year to escape the 6 months of gloom we have we experience up here. From Seattle it's a straight shot, 4 hrs.
Ill look into that. Thanks!
JLed79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
JLed79
First Lieutenant
 
JLed79's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, very very fast...
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In front of AMGs

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I'm not vacationing anywhere a Navy destroyer cant get there in a few hours.
I kind of agree. South pacific yes, Australia or New Zealand I would do though.
JLed79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #14
smohr33
Lieutenant
 
smohr33's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

You're in NY, you have your choice of the entire caribbean via a 3-4 hour flight. I've been to most of the islands, and wouldn't advise against any of them. I'm planning a trip for my anniversary in August right now, probably doing St Thomas, maybe the Caymans.

If you're looking to fish you could also do the Florida Keys...
smohr33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #15
JLed79
First Lieutenant
 
JLed79's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, very very fast...
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In front of AMGs

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
You're in NY, you have your choice of the entire caribbean via a 3-4 hour flight. I've been to most of the islands, and wouldn't advise against any of them. I'm planning a trip for my anniversary in August right now, probably doing St Thomas, maybe the Caymans.

If you're looking to fish you could also do the Florida Keys...
Thanks, Ya were leaning toward the Carribean somewhere. I'm just not sure how the weather is in Jan/ Feb. Fishing would be great, but that can't be the main reason for picking the destination (mandate from the wife lol). I'm sure pretty much anywhere down there will have some charters though.
JLed79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #16
smohr33
Lieutenant
 
smohr33's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLed79 View Post
Thanks, Ya were leaning toward the Carribean somewhere. I'm just not sure how the weather is in Jan/ Feb. Fishing would be great, but that can't be the main reason for picking the destination (mandate from the wife lol). I'm sure pretty much anywhere down there will have some charters though.
http://www.wunderground.com/history/ will give you historical weather for any location so you can check.

Most of the Caribbean should still be in the 80's in the winter. Bahamas and Turks being the furthest north might be a little cooler, maybe getting down to the 70's during the day.
smohr33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
Joekerr
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 310
iTrader: (0)

Curacao would be pretty good I think. Good food too. Fairly Dutch just fyi.
Joekerr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #18
Foodle
Captain
 
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 769
iTrader: (0)

Peter Island

Foodle is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #19
lmaleke
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: shifting priorities for now...
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up Bali

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLed79 View Post
I'm looking for somewhere cool to go in Jan/ Feb when its cold and snowy here. Probably just the wife and me, maybe another couple. Beachy stuff with other fun stuff to do too. Basically I'm wondering where in the world has great weather then. Any ideas? I've been thinking Costa Rica, but not sold on anywhere in particular. Also, any where have good fishing then? That would be great. Would love to go get a Marlin somewhere. Thanks.
Bali.. ya'll should spend times in Bali




Last edited by lmaleke; 05-10-2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Tried to resize the pics but didnt know how to...
lmaleke is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #20
amanda hor$t
Banned
 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

^ nice!

how about the salmon of capistrano?
amanda hor$t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #21
lmaleke
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: shifting priorities for now...
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

wassup lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
^ nice!

how about the salmon of capistrano?
Ohh I don't know, LLoyd; the French are assholes...
lmaleke is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #22
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,346
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLed79 View Post
Thanks, Ya were leaning toward the Carribean somewhere. I'm just not sure how the weather is in Jan/ Feb.
Take your wife to Sandy Lane in Barbados. That's where my wife and I honeymooned. Guaranteed warm. You can thank me later.
__________________
Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/ Countermeasure enthusiast.
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
upstatedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST