BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Stick to Clutch
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
iron_man
do you even lift?
 
iron_man's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: new orleans

Posts: 224
iTrader: (0)

thinking of getting some oracle halo's

So I already ordered the LUX angel eyes for my 08 e92, thinking of just returning them and going with some oracle halo's instead, anyone ever done this or do most of the people here do the LUX angel eyes?
iron_man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
geneatals
Ninja
 
geneatals's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

Posts: 3,198
iTrader: (2)

haven't seen many/any with the oracle kit..most do lux's if they don't want to cut open the lights...

if they do go that round the most popular kit is the orion v2 (i think hey have a v3 kit now)....some say "OSS lights" as OSS does the install and some other custom work on the lights if desired...

180 in NY is another shop that does halo mods similar to the oracle kits...

there's also ls3 kit from bavarian X...
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
geneatals is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
iron_man
do you even lift?
 
iron_man's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: new orleans

Posts: 224
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
haven't seen many/any with the oracle kit..most do lux's if they don't want to cut open the lights...

if they do go that round the most popular kit is the orion v2 (i think hey have a v3 kit now)....some say "OSS lights" as OSS does the install and some other custom work on the lights if desired...

180 in NY is another shop that does halo mods similar to the oracle kits...

there's also ls3 kit from bavarian X...
See im nervous for them to cut open the lights as well but a shop here in new orleans who is known for quality work quoted me 400 installed for the halos. Which is only 150 more than the lux kit. Hence me thinking of going that route. My lux kit actually came in today and I plan on trying to return them.
iron_man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
 
Drives: '02 330Ci(x2), 02 E46MC
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Barcelona/Boston/NY

Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

Can the Orion V2 or V4 be used if one is willing to open the headlights?

The thing is the Orion's are built for the E46 and they're all the same size. Not sure how these would look on the inner lights of the E92
SYT_Shadow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
geneatals
Ninja
 
geneatals's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

Posts: 3,198
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_man View Post
See im nervous for them to cut open the lights as well but a shop here in new orleans who is known for quality work quoted me 400 installed for the halos. Which is only 150 more than the lux kit. Hence me thinking of going that route. My lux kit actually came in today and I plan on trying to return them.
OSS is in florida...they can do the work..just gotta ship them your lights..
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
geneatals is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
geneatals
Ninja
 
geneatals's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

Posts: 3,198
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Can the Orion V2 or V4 be used if one is willing to open the headlights?

The thing is the Orion's are built for the E46 and they're all the same size. Not sure how these would look on the inner lights of the E92
v2's are what you see on oss headlights afaik....
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
geneatals is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST