BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Sponsor M3 Project Cars Showcase
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #309
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
268
Rep
17,299
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

I just got off the phone with felix and wow his car sounds incredible!! I can only imagine what it sounds like and looks like in person!!

Bimmerfest can't get here fast enough.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #310
Malek@MRF
Malek@MRF's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
3,404
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, F30, E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
The car is epic.

Just a work of art. I love the paint specs on the interior and the way everything flows. The FI's suit it so well.



My only issue, which I think you may not have noticed, is that the rear rotors are backwards. But, I'm sure that was just an oversight and we've all seen worse.

Actually the rotor drill pattern is correct on both the front and rear discs. The front and rear discs are not positioned identically because they use different drill patterns. There is no issue or oversight here.

The GT system that his car is equipped with utilizes a 4-4 front drill pattern and the rear disc uses a 4-3 drill pattern.

The orientation of both front and rear discs is determined by the rotor vanes as Ilia mentioned. This item that cannot be scrutinized through these images posted until the wheel is pulled and looked closely. The correct vane direction for these discs is that the outer most point of the vane edge to rotor lip should be sweeping toward the back.

On Brembo slotted rotors, the top of the slot comes first and goes downward toward the back.

-Malek
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #311
Powerbeast
Major General
Powerbeast's Avatar
United_States
144
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
The car is epic.

Just a work of art. I love the paint specs on the interior and the way everything flows. The FI's suit it so well.



My only issue, which I think you may not have noticed, is that the rear rotors are backwards. But, I'm sure that was just an oversight and we've all seen worse.

Actually the rotor drill pattern is correct on both the front and rear discs. The front and rear discs are not positioned identically because they use different drill patterns. There is no issue or oversight here.

The GT system that his car is equipped with utilizes a 4-4 front drill pattern and the rear disc uses a 4-3 drill pattern.

The orientation of both front and rear discs is determined by the rotor vanes as Ilia mentioned. This item that cannot be scrutinized through these images posted until the wheel is pulled and looked closely. The correct vane direction for these discs is that the outer most point of the vane edge to rotor lip should be sweeping toward the back.

On Brembo slotted rotors, the top of the slot comes first and goes downward toward the back.

If you would like to see the Brembo technical literature, let me know and I can share it with you.

-Malek
Thanks for specifying much appreciated. Thank you for the feedback. As to your previous statement you are correct the 1M had no track time but I plan on putting some track miles with this M3.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #312
xcharlesy
Banned
3
Rep
268
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (1)

probably my favorite m3
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #313
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Thanks for specifying much appreciated. Thank you for the feedback. As to your previous statement you are correct the 1M had no track time but I plan on putting some track miles with this M3.
Felix, I noticed the M3 have the same coloured hats for the front and rear brakes and the 1M has different colours like mine. Did you have to correct this on your side, or are they now available with the same colour?
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #314
Powerbeast
Major General
Powerbeast's Avatar
United_States
144
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Thanks for specifying much appreciated. Thank you for the feedback. As to your previous statement you are correct the 1M had no track time but I plan on putting some track miles with this M3.
Felix, I noticed the M3 have the same coloured hats for the front and rear brakes and the 1M has different colours like mine. Did you have to correct this on your side, or are they now available with the same colour?
Sparoz, they are now available in matching colors.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #315
TimZ
Lieutenant
TimZ's Avatar
Albania
7
Rep
574
Posts

 
Drives: X5M
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Wow looks great!
Need high resolution link please!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #316
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
38
Rep
1,560
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area, California

iTrader: (0)

Very nice car indeed and want to congratulate the the IND crew for a job well done! This may be one the best e90 m3's out there!

Where does this awesome beast stretch it's legs?
__________________

Hellaflush? All I could say is "effyo'flush","flushnuff", and Instead of 'illest', I'm calling it "faillest". It's just form over function nowadays...
-END RANT
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #317
Powerbeast
Major General
Powerbeast's Avatar
United_States
144
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_m3 View Post
Very nice car indeed and want to congratulate the the IND crew for a job well done! This may be one the best e90 m3's out there!

Where does this awesome beast stretch it's legs?
Southern California
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #318
Powerbeast
Major General
Powerbeast's Avatar
United_States
144
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I just got off the phone with felix and wow his car sounds incredible!! I can only imagine what it sounds like and looks like in person!!

Bimmerfest can't get here fast enough.
Thanks Jimmy.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #319
2mchbst
Private
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe 6 speed
Join Date: May 2012
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

sweeeettttt
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #320
///M 4 Life
Captain
///M 4 Life's Avatar
15
Rep
857
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 ///M6 CP
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (0)

I love the car. The only thing I would honestly do is raise it a little. Lol! I can't believe I'm even saying this! Lol! But I feel it would look so much meaner it it went up just a tad. Great build! If you don't mind powerbeast. What is you final cost on your car? Have you figured it out. Pm me and let me know. I'm so curious how much it costs to build a car like this!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #321
cncmastr
Captain
cncmastr's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
666
Posts

 
Drives: E30 318is, E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toms River, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 BMW 330Ci  [0.00]
2007 M Coupe  [0.00]
2004 BMW 330Ci  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to cncmastr
Falkens?!
__________________
2006 Interlagos Blue BMW ///M3 | ZCP | Xenon | Nav | Premium | M Texture Alcantara
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #322
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
tha_good_life's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
3,913
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 JzB E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Thanks Jimmy.
WOW, Speechless. Well executed iND.

You guys make it so hard to stop modding! I can't keep up with you Felix!

I realized you changed out your PSS for Falken? I'm assuming you will have to raise the car to track it.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #323
Envuks
Captain
Envuks's Avatar
8
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
I love my E90 and to me it is. Don't get me wrong Im in love with the E92 just wanted something a little more rare I guess. I did initially expect to actually use the rear seats and take advantage of the 4 doors but I just never did.
I'm not knocking it because overall it is really sweet. Is the cage in the rear bolted or welded in?
__________________
Jet black e92 6mt 335xi:

18" BBS RGRs, KW v1, ESS Stage 2 flash, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF downpipes, JG Mods m-tech front, mtec V3 AEs, BMS OCC, hardwired valentine 1, p3cars gauge, amber delete, sport seats, factory oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #324
Powerbeast
Major General
Powerbeast's Avatar
United_States
144
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envuks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
I love my E90 and to me it is. Don't get me wrong Im in love with the E92 just wanted something a little more rare I guess. I did initially expect to actually use the rear seats and take advantage of the 4 doors but I just never did.
I'm not knocking it because overall it is really sweet. Is the cage in the rear bolted or welded in?
Welded in.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #325
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
AlexTek's Avatar
5
Rep
364
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Best M3 ever!!
__________________
BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP 6MT
- Upgrades:MS Stage 2 Intake + Turner Test Pipes + BPM Stage 2 Tune with Coding; Fox Red Novillo/Carbon Leather/Competition Package/Premium Package 2/Convenience Package /Enhanced Premium Sound/Satelite Radio
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #326
Powerbeast
Major General
Powerbeast's Avatar
United_States
144
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart@AUTOcouture
Perfection.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #327
BimmerShark
Enlisted Member
BimmerShark's Avatar
0
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 2009-Z428i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

omg just shoot me!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #328
Tony v
Second Lieutenant
Tony v's Avatar
2
Rep
232
Posts

 
Drives: bmw 330i benz cls500
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bay area

iTrader: (0)

beautiful damm house or m3 house or m3
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #329
Lagunae92
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
680
Posts

 
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Laguna Seca Blue
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Beach

iTrader: (0)

Just awesome. Congrats! And which side skirts are these? Maybe it's been answered, but too many pages to go through.
__________________
2009 e92 M3 Individual Laguna Seca Blue|Black Novillo|DCT|19"rims|Carbon Leather|Premium|Tech.|Heated Seats|Prem. Sound|iPod|
Mods: |Electronic Performance Steering Wheel|ZCP CF Spoiler|ZCP CF Spliters|ZCP CF Mirrors|Edition Front Grilles|Edition Side Grilles|BMW Performance Brake Handle|3D Design Pedals| Style Rumore Exhaust|H&R Springs|LCI Tails|Challenge CF Door Panels|
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #330
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
51
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M 4 Life View Post
I love the car. The only thing I would honestly do is raise it a little. Lol! I can't believe I'm even saying this! Lol! But I feel it would look so much meaner it it went up just a tad.
No I disagree!! Perfect ride height completes this masterpiece of a build
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST