BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
Steve Thomas BMW
      05-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: ' 15 M3 | '14 GT3

EMS Powered Exhaust (Experiment)

I had a pretty nice set-up w/ my Vanguard and Dinan Middle Racing. I get bored easily, so I bought this thing from a guy on the forum:

The exhaust includes 100 CEL High-Flow Cats, 3" Header-Back, Four Resonators, Ceramic Coated, etc. I spoke to EMS about getting test pipes to replace the cats. They said they could easily make them.

I think there is only one word for the sound: INCREDIBLE! It's pretty much the best sounding thing I've ever heard. The only problem is that it drones like a mother%#&##%. The drone is very Eisenmann Race with a catless x-pipe like, but it is not quite as loud as that combo. I guess that comes with a custom, 3" exhaust. It's reasonably loud, but not super loud.

I may go do a dyno run to see if I made or lost power versus the previous set-up. My butt dyno tells me it's a negligible difference.

I also have a Dinan rear section sitting in a box that I'll end up putting on, but this thing sure is fun for now. I live/work in the area of one of the largest retirement communities in the world, so I don't know that I'm going to keep driving around town with this or my flashy 20" wheels. It certainly is fun for the time being.

Here is the video I made this afternoon:

On a side note, I was in my garage with the car up on race ramps. I was underneath making a few adjustments to the exhaust when I hear something clang on the underside of the car. I was completely under the car on my back. This 3 and half foot snake came cruising into the garage, came under the car, and bowed up on me. Needless to say, one of us came out alive.

Last edited by Money2536; 05-04-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Brigadier General

Drives: 528i M Sport

Your car looks and sounds great!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
sterile stork
coupe la goon

Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2010 E61 535i

Garage List
Taking off, that setup sounds just amazing.
Appreciate 0