BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #45
cwg
Captain
9
Rep
664
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP. Jzb on black
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kailua, HI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
First of all, congrats! Glad to hear it's coming.

Second, did you consider the Electronic Performance Steering Wheel? It's possibly the single greatest factory option in my opinion.

I dont know - must be very inaccurate - 30 plus mpg?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #46
enigma01
Fight On!
enigma01's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: M3 e93/e92, Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg View Post
I dont know - must be very inaccurate - 30 plus mpg?
Why so hard to believe? These are the F30 N55's or N20's.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 04:43 AM   #47
cwg
Captain
9
Rep
664
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP. Jzb on black
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kailua, HI

iTrader: (0)

I was making a joke about the M3's gas mileage. Since this was posted as a preferred free option on the 27 day plus delayed M3. I get about 16 mpg in my 135i.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #48
foolio2
40oz. to Freedom
foolio2's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 IB e92 Dinan M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indianapolis

iTrader: (0)

That looks like miles to empty.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #49
Disciple7
Private
Disciple7's Avatar
0
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Looks like my M3 is on the water on the way to the USA. Should arrive at the dealer right around Memorial Day, only problem is I'm going to be on vacation right around the time it arrives, so do I take delivery asap and then go on vacation or wait until June 1st to take delivery, so maybe the BMW Financial Interest Rate will go down a bit more? Decisions
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #50
cwg
Captain
9
Rep
664
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP. Jzb on black
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kailua, HI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple7 View Post
Looks like my M3 is on the water on the way to the USA. Should arrive at the dealer right around Memorial Day, only problem is I'm going to be on vacation right around the time it arrives, so do I take delivery asap and then go on vacation or wait until June 1st to take delivery, so maybe the BMW Financial Interest Rate will go down a bit more? Decisions
Which ship are you on?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #51
Disciple7
Private
Disciple7's Avatar
0
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg View Post
Which ship are you on?
TAMESIS, upon looking at things a little more, it's increasingly unlikely the car will arrive before I am on vacation, so the dealer will be waiting on me, I already gave the Sales Manager a heads up on my plans.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #52
Tanz_S65
Private First Class
Tanz_S65's Avatar
4
Rep
115
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

iTrader: (0)

On the CHESAPEAKE HIGHWAY, estimated entry to port 5/26-5/27. Hoping the M gets to the Performance Center early June. Picking up 6/25
__________________
2013 E92 M3 - Tanzanite Blue/Black Extended, Carbon Leather, Premium Package, Comp Package, Moonroof, Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #53
Disciple7
Private
Disciple7's Avatar
0
Rep
89
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

WW's webpage now says the TAMESIS's ETA to Baltimore is 5/21, is it usually a week from VPC to Dealership?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #54
foolio2
40oz. to Freedom
foolio2's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 IB e92 Dinan M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indianapolis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple7 View Post
TAMESIS, upon looking at things a little more, it's increasingly unlikely the car will arrive before I am on vacation, so the dealer will be waiting on me, I already gave the Sales Manager a heads up on my plans.
I am also on the Tamesis.

Where are you seeing 5/21 for arrival? I just checked the track and trace and it says 5/19 ETA.
__________________
2013 e92 M3 6MT IB/BB - ZPP - ZCP - Dinan S1
2001 BMW 325xiT - TiAg/Grey Leather
2007 BMW X3 3.0si - AW/Chestnut Leather
SOLD - 2008 e90 M3 6MT AW/FR - Dinan S1
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #55
NHman
Lieutenant
7
Rep
465
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorthEast

iTrader: (0)

Feedback from my CA today, my M3 is still at the port. All this despite the commitment from BMW that it would be shipped yesterday.

I just don't get it. I know, first world problems. But this is getting to the point of frustration that I am considering moving on.

The next vessel departs on 5/22. That would move the delivery date to mid June (60 days after it arrived at the port with east coast delivery).
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #56
Tanz_S65
Private First Class
Tanz_S65's Avatar
4
Rep
115
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

iTrader: (0)

NH that's totally bogus, and IMO you should be getting compensated for this nonsense above the performance part. Multiple people have spent less than 2 weeks at Bremerhaven so 60 days would have me on tilt. I'd ask for an extended warranty or maintenance plan if I were you.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 - Tanzanite Blue/Black Extended, Carbon Leather, Premium Package, Comp Package, Moonroof, Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #57
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
2
Rep
293
Posts

 
Drives: LSB E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
Feedback from my CA today, my M3 is still at the port. All this despite the commitment from BMW that it would be shipped yesterday.

I just don't get it. I know, first world problems. But this is getting to the point of frustration that I am considering moving on.

The next vessel departs on 5/22. That would move the delivery date to mid June (60 days after it arrived at the port with east coast delivery).
What would you move on to? I'm all for making bold statements, but I just don't think there's anything out there that compares to the E92 M3, which is now out of production. Anything else is a downgrade to me.

If I were you I'd add on a bunch more performance parts. Get the exhaust, electronic performance steering wheel, and the works. Hell, see if you can get some DINAN stuff thrown in. Everything possible you can get from BMW for free, basically. You deserve it for all of this BS.
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe Individual | Laguna Seca Blue | 6MT | Black Extended | Piano Black | Moonroof
MS Stage II Intake + Test Pipes | Dinan Pulley | BPM Tune | Racing Dynamics Springs | IND painted accessories | ZCP Knob | OSS Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #58
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
35
Rep
2,288
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanz_S65 View Post
NH that's totally bogus, and IMO you should be getting compensated for this nonsense above the performance part. Multiple people have spent less than 2 weeks at Bremerhaven so 60 days would have me on tilt. I'd ask for an extended warranty or maintenance plan if I were you.
Agree that the port delay is beyond reasonable and BMW needs to step up both with an explanation and some additional compensation. Carbon fiber front splitters?

Though keep in mind the 60 day figure NHman quoted is his current estimate for time from arrival at Bremerhaven to delivery on the east coast, not the number of days at port.
__________________
Current: 2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg., Conv. Pkg., everything but Cold Weather Pkg!
Gone: 2008 550, Space Grey, Sports Package, Sport Auto Transmission.
Sold: 2004 545i (U.S.), Steptronic, Silver Gray.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #59
OneRib
Second Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
273
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 LMB M3 (Retired)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
Feedback from my CA today, my M3 is still at the port. All this despite the commitment from BMW that it would be shipped yesterday.

I just don't get it. I know, first world problems. But this is getting to the point of frustration that I am considering moving on.

The next vessel departs on 5/22. That would move the delivery date to mid June (60 days after it arrived at the port with east coast delivery).
It's as if they lost the car or wrecked it and are scrambling to make a new one. I agree with the above posters that you should wait. I don't know your current vehicle situation, but that's an area I would talk to your dealer about. If you are trading a car into them, they should lock in your trade value or take the trade in now and give you a loaner until your car arrives. That would at least save you some depreciation and I would now push for the performance exhaust.

Picked up my car 2 days ago and its spectacular. Sitting in a garage right now waiting for a weekend detail; I can't wait to get back out on the road.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #60
NHman
Lieutenant
7
Rep
465
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorthEast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
It's as if they lost the car or wrecked it and are scrambling to make a new one. I agree with the above posters that you should wait. I don't know your current vehicle situation, but that's an area I would talk to your dealer about. If you are trading a car into them, they should lock in your trade value or take the trade in now and give you a loaner until your car arrives. That would at least save you some depreciation and I would now push for the performance exhaust.

Picked up my car 2 days ago and its spectacular. Sitting in a garage right now waiting for a weekend detail; I can't wait to get back out on the road.

Good luck.
Congrats on getting your car. Please post some pictures.

Regarding a need for a vehicle, on that front timing actually worked out well for me. My wife bought a new crossover and I took over her former vehicle and use it as my daily. The M3 is going to be used as a fun car. But I would be driving it now if it was in my garage.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #61
OneRib
Second Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
273
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 LMB M3 (Retired)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
Congrats on getting your car. Please post some pictures.

Regarding a need for a vehicle, on that front timing actually worked out well for me. My wife bought a new crossover and I took over her former vehicle and use it as my daily. The M3 is going to be used as a fun car. But I would be driving it now if it was in my garage.
Glad to hear that aspect worked out for you.
I am waiting to have the car detailed before I post any pics. Will be able to post pics this weekend as long as it doesn't rain.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #62
SMGCFP
Enlisted Member
SMGCFP's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3 Interlagos Blue ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Latham, NY

iTrader: (0)

Vessel Mignon in Halifax, should be at NJ port by Saturday, 5/18. Unreasonable to think the car would be in Albany NY for a Fri 5/24 or Sat 5/25 delivery? I've got my fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #63
inter1032
Major
Italy
13
Rep
1,385
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 m3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMGCFP View Post
Vessel Mignon in Halifax, should be at NJ port by Saturday, 5/18. Unreasonable to think the car would be in Albany NY for a Fri 5/24 or Sat 5/25 delivery? I've got my fingers crossed.
i'm on there too. i was told it was suppose to get to nj today and to me next thursday
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #64
cwg
Captain
9
Rep
664
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP. Jzb on black
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kailua, HI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMGCFP View Post
Vessel Mignon in Halifax, should be at NJ port by Saturday, 5/18. Unreasonable to think the car would be in Albany NY for a Fri 5/24 or Sat 5/25 delivery? I've got my fingers crossed.
Where do the cars go when the port of entry is NJ. Is there not a prep center that they go to first and then to the dealers? I know my car will go to the prep center in CA after it arrives and then is sent to the dealer which needs about a day to do the final dealer prep before the car is delivered to the customer
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #65
SMGCFP
Enlisted Member
SMGCFP's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3 Interlagos Blue ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Latham, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg View Post
Where do the cars go when the port of entry is NJ. Is there not a prep center that they go to first and then to the dealers? I know my car will go to the prep center in CA after it arrives and then is sent to the dealer which needs about a day to do the final dealer prep before the car is delivered to the customer
Elizabeth, NJ is the port. There is a VDC there I believe. Once they do finishing touches, on a truck to dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #66
cwg
Captain
9
Rep
664
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP. Jzb on black
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kailua, HI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMGCFP View Post
Elizabeth, NJ is the port. There is a VDC there I believe. Once they do finishing touches, on a truck to dealer.
Cool. Are you guys tracking the ship? Lots of online tracking sites
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST