BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Lux Angel Eyes

04-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
WolfeS2K
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 Interlagos Blue M3

BPMSport DCT Transmission Software

It has been just over a week since Mike remotely did my DCT software. It flashed brilliantly- no errors or codes. Car started right up. The last time I checked into this over a year ago- other vendors had to physically be there to do this... well not BPMSport.

I wanted to drive on it for several days just to get a good feel before i go into more depth. First and foremost- the car shifts so smooth now. Driving the car everyday, most people don't realize that the DCT can still be a little clunky at times during slow deceleration- not anymore. It drives like butter. It shifts so smooth and quiet during normal shifts that its scary. I would have never thought that software would have changed the characteristics of the DCT so much.

I finally had a chance to take it out and drive it in DCT 5 (I usually keep it in 3 all the time) and lets just say when i shifted to 4th gear- I saw blue lights coming up behind me. The car shifts retarded fast. It's not violent like you might imagine- just silky smooth and beggin' for more.

I've said it before and I'll say it again..."The car should have came like this from the factory." This combined with Euro MDM has put a permanent smile across my face every time my right foot goes down.

The best part about it- you don't have to drive the car hard to feel the difference. You can drive it like a granny and tell immediately how much smoother and quieter it shifts. You would be a fool not to do this!

^Welcome to the China Club^ says the Bartender

Last edited by WolfeS2K; 04-29-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spell check :)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
HoodR$CH
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfeS2K View Post
It has been just over a week since Mike remotely did my DCT software. It flashed brilliantly- no errors or codes. Car started right up. The last time I checked into this over a year ago- other vendors had to physically be there to do this... well not BPMSport.

I wanted to drive on it for several days just to get a good feel before i go into more depth. First and foremost- the car shifts so smooth now. Driving the car everyday, most people don't realize that the DCT can still be a little clunky at times during slow deceleration- not anymore. It drives like butter. It shifts so smooth and quiet during normal shifts that its scary. I would have never thought that software would have changed the characteristics of the DCT so much.

I finally had a chance to take it out and drive it in DCT 5 (I usually keep it in 3 all the time) and lets just say when i shifted to 4th gear- I saw blue lights coming up behind me. The car shifts retarded fast. It's not violent like you might imagine- just silky smooth and beggin' for more.

I've said it before and I'll say it again..."The car should have came like this from the factory." This combined with Euro MDM has put a permanent smile across my face every time my right foot goes down.

The best part about it- you don't have to drive the car hard to feel the difference. You can drive it like a granny and tell immediately how much smoother and quieter it shifts. You would be a fool not to do this!

I can attest to this as well. Have put over 500 miles on my car with this software and its so much smoother than my last DCT. Good job Mike

Brembo BBK|BPM Tune|HRE P43 SC|BMW Performance Seats|KWV3
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
W///
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe

BPM strikes again. Pretty cool for you DCT guys!
      04-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
JuRuKi
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E90 M3

whats modified on the tranny?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 10' M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
more temptation to give money to bpm
      04-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuRuKi View Post
whats modified on the tranny?
You need to read it again....^^^^ The DCT software,remote flash by BPM (Mike - Benvo)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodR$CH View Post
I can attest to this as well. Have put over 500 miles on my car with this software and its so much smoother than my last DCT. Good job Mike
Thanks for the review guys. What are your cars manufacture dates?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
WolfeS2K
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post
Thanks for the review guys. What are your cars manufacture dates?
05/08

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M

Quote:
05/08
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
=[monkey]=
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: sc m3

Mike shoot me a pm with details on this update pleasr and price....thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
Jbook
Major
Rep

Drives: '11 ESS E90 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by =[monkey]= View Post
Mike shoot me a pm with details on this update pleasr and price....thanks
+1 I wanted to get ESS' DCT software, but I don't really feel like driving to AZ
ESS VT2-625 w/ DCT Software | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Awron Gauge | 19" BBS FI | Ohlins R&T w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates | Alekshop Subframe Bushings | RD Sport Sway Bars F&R | Dinan Strut Braces & Pedals | Brembo GT 380 F&R w/ Endless Pads | Akrapovic GT4 | Vorsteiner GTS-V Lip | 3D Design Diffuser | Platte Forme CF Side Skirt Extensions | BMW Performance Seats, CF Spoiler, CF Mirror Covers & Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #12
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Interesting. I've never thought that someone has an upgrade software for our DCT.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Awesome review! I am getting this done over the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
JuRuKi
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
You need to read it again....^^^^ The DCT software,remote flash by BPM (Mike - Benvo)
I meant, what changes when BPM does the flash? What makes it shift smoother? What are other benefits of doing this? Would this void my DCT warranty?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
Rep

Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuRuKi View Post
I meant, what changes when BPM does the flash? What makes it shift smoother?
I would imagine that's proprietary information. Just a guess....
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #16
WolfeS2K
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ok guys....I've gotten like 10 PM's asking for more details. It would just be easier to answer every one's questions here so then we can all be on the same page.

I owned this car over three years and it has been my daily for the last 2.5 years. I drive the exact same roads everyday- stop at the same lights and sit in traffic just like everyone else. Here is what I have noticed so far- granted this is just me but its the best feedback I can offer right now....

My car parks in my garage at night but my driveway has a slight slope that i have to climb every morning when i back out. Before the DCT software, it would creep up the driveway in reverse. Sometimes I would have to give it more gas than normal just to get it going- not anymore. The car is very smooth backing up my driveway now- no increase in throttle is needed. I just give it a touch of gas and it backs right up smooth- no lag or hesitation. I then use to have to bring the car to a complete stop and then put it into drive. There was sometimes a very slight hesitation after going into drive before it would move forward. I've noticed that has went away.

One of the lights that i stop at every single day on my way to work has a very slight incline. Once I was stopped, the car would roll back a little and then stop and slowly move forward- it definitely moves forward with more force. Before it would roll forward about the same as it would backwards- now it moves forward more aggressively that i have to put my foot on the brake to stop from hitting the car in front of me. I noticed that the next day driving it to work.

I've gotten several asking about rev matching and if there is any difference in the throttle blips- Yes. It hard to describe- but it does it so smooth now that its at that perfect sound level every time? I've actually scared myself when the car has rev matched since it sounds like a violent crack of a whip when I'm weaving in and out of traffic. My catless exhaust also contributes to that but I love the way it sounds when it gets that perfect high pitched gun shot sound next to a car full of high schoolers.

Overall this is the best mod I have done to the car. I drive it everyday so I can appreciate these differences from how the car has behaved since I got it vs what its doing now. I've literally feel in love with the car all over again!!

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
vinniechin
Vinnie
United_States
Rep

Drives: E93 Space Gray DCT

Sign me up Mike! Sounds like its another winner by BPM
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #18
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
Rep

Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I am in for this and euro MDM tune very very soon!!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #19
jet888
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: M5 F10

Nice review op

Im waiting for the stage 1 BPM tune and am very interested in this as well.
Can you let us know what stock software you were running prior to this as I know the dct software has been upgraded a few times from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #20
WolfeS2K
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet888 View Post
Nice review op

Im waiting for the stage 1 BPM tune and am very interested in this as well.
Can you let us know what stock software you were running prior to this as I know the dct software has been upgraded a few times from BMW.
Thank you! I know the DCT software was updated at the stealership but as far as the exact version-i'll have to check

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #21
=[monkey]=
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: sc m3

Group buy!?!?!?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #22
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to yandy Send a message via MSN to yandy Send a message via Skype™ to yandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by =[monkey]= View Post
Group buy!?!?!?
+1