BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
225
Rep
8,836
Posts

Drives: SMB F83
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Compilations of Euro Mods for US M3s

Just want to start a list for US M3 owners who want to know the differences of our US-spec M3. This is not a complete list, so feel free to add whatever comes to mind.

Exterior:
Front reflector delete on front bumper cover
Anti-blind spot side rearview mirrors
Headlights
Front PDC (option)

Interior:
Rear fog light switch
Front driver side coin holder (below the headlight switch, option)
Rear cup holder (option for coupe)
Sun visors w/o airbag warning sticker
Front cup holder delete
Front seat bottom
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
"your friendly neighborhood critical care anesthesiologist"

Last edited by Kev; 02-10-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
503Alex
Captain
503Alex's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
610
Posts

Drives: S30
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OR

iTrader: (0)

What's the difference on the headlights?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
225
Rep
8,836
Posts

Drives: SMB F83
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503Alex View Post
What's the difference on the headlights?
I believe the beam pattern is slightly different due to DOT regulations. I think it's related to a couple etchings on the projector running in parallel to the headlights (in the US headlights). No big deal.

In the Mercedes Benz headlights, there's a significant different in refractive index in the lens between the US and EU spec.
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
"your friendly neighborhood critical care anesthesiologist"
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #4
mPlasticDesign
Brigadier General
mPlasticDesign's Avatar
257
Rep
4,937
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 Comp Pkg Only
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Front cupholder delete
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 04:31 AM   #5
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
294
Rep
10,360
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Just want to start a list for US M3 owners who want to know the differences of our US-spec M3. This is not a complete list, so feel free to add whatever comes to mind.

Exterior:
Front reflector delete on front bumper cover
Anti-blind spot side rearview mirrors
Headlights
Front PDC (option)

Interior:
Rear fog light switch
Front driver side coin holder (below the headlight switch, option)
Rear cup holder (option for coupe)
Sun visors w/o airbag warning sticker
Front cup holder delete
Cool great idea for a thread. Can you provide more info or a link to:

Anti-blind spot side rearview mirrors
Front driver side coin holder
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
225
Rep
8,836
Posts

Drives: SMB F83
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Cool great idea for a thread. Can you provide more info or a link to:

Anti-blind spot side rearview mirrors
Front driver side coin holder
As requested"

01 MIRROR GLAS, HEATED, WIDE-ANGLE, LEFT 1 51168046499
01 MIRROR GLAS, HEATED, WIDE-ANGLE, RIGHT 1 51168046500

FOR VEHICLES WITH
FOLD-IN OUTSIDE MIRROR
S313A=YES
01 MIRROR GLAS, HEATED, WIDE-ANGLE, LEFT ELEKTROCHROM 1 51168041951
01 MIRROR GLAS, HEATED, WIDE-ANGLE, RIGHT ELEKTROCHROM 1 51168041952

Coin holder is impossible to retrofit because you need to rip out the entire front dash to retrofit it.
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
"your friendly neighborhood critical care anesthesiologist"
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
294
Rep
10,360
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
As requested
...
Thanks, any pics, basic description of differences and benefit for the glass?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #8
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
225
Rep
8,836
Posts

Drives: SMB F83
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
I have it on my 335xi (w/ M3 mirrors) and swapped the glass over to the M3. Basically the out portion is a convex mirror that eliminates most of the blind spots. I can take a pic tomorrow but don't know if it shows up or not. You can see a fine dotted line that tells you where the convex mirror begins.
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
"your friendly neighborhood critical care anesthesiologist"
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
SlammedR8
Major General
SlammedR8's Avatar
Canada
180
Rep
5,310
Posts

Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 + 2016 RR TD6
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I have it on my 335xi (w/ M3 mirrors) and swapped the glass over to the M3. Basically the out portion is a convex mirror that eliminates most of the blind spots. I can take a pic tomorrow but don't know if it shows up or not. You can see a fine dotted line that tells you where the convex mirror begins.
Post pic, id like to see!
By chance, do Saabs have this? I feel like I have seen this on Saabs
__________________
2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red
2016 Range Rover HSE TD6-White on Ivory

Incoming (sometime this month)
2016 BMW X5d - Black Sapphire on Terra
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #10
gixxer_kidd
Major
33
Rep
1,405
Posts

Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2008 m3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I have it on my 335xi (w/ M3 mirrors) and swapped the glass over to the M3. Basically the out portion is a convex mirror that eliminates most of the blind spots. I can take a pic tomorrow but don't know if it shows up or not. You can see a fine dotted line that tells you where the convex mirror begins.

I had these on my e46m3. Great mod. Didn't realize they had them for the e92 as well. Thanks for posting the part numbers!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
camaross305
camaross305's Avatar
59
Rep
1,825
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: gainesville fl

iTrader: (20)

awesome.... Kev can you post some pics of the euro mods youve done?
__________________
The original Hid angel eyes for sale now on ebay

User name lmims526894rou

Or contact me at chrism9551@aol.com
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #12
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
225
Rep
8,836
Posts

Drives: SMB F83
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaross305 View Post
awesome.... Kev can you post some pics of the euro mods youve done?
Sure, if I can get up early enough to take some pics before work tomorrow

I just added another item that I blatantly forgot: Euro front seat bottoms!!

I have all the cushions ready, waiting for RennSpec to get back to me wrt pricing of the seat covers.
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
"your friendly neighborhood critical care anesthesiologist"
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
mPlasticDesign
Brigadier General
mPlasticDesign's Avatar
257
Rep
4,937
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 Comp Pkg Only
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
....I just added another item that I blatantly forgot: Euro front seat bottoms!!

I have all the cushions ready, waiting for RennSpec to get back to me wrt pricing of the seat covers.
Now that is one thing I definately prefer on the Euro models. Please post more info when you get it!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #14
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
11
Rep
572
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

What's the difference in the seat bottoms???
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #15
camaross305
camaross305's Avatar
59
Rep
1,825
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: gainesville fl

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
What's the difference in the seat bottoms???
Ditto are you talking about how their seats have the seam that runs through the middle of them?
__________________
The original Hid angel eyes for sale now on ebay

User name lmims526894rou

Or contact me at chrism9551@aol.com
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #16
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
225
Rep
8,836
Posts

Drives: SMB F83
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
What's the difference in the seat bottoms???
The US seat bottom is the same regular E92 sport seats. The European model has a different seat bottom that looks beefier and has more lateral projection.
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
"your friendly neighborhood critical care anesthesiologist"
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #17
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
225
Rep
8,836
Posts

Drives: SMB F83
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaross305 View Post
Ditto are you talking about how their seats have the seam that runs through the middle of them?
Part numbers for Euro front seat bottom cushions:

Thigh support upholstery 52 10 7 139 702
Seat upholstery 52 10 8 042 873

Silver Novillo Leather seat cover part numbers:

Cover, seat, Palladium Silver 52 10 8 043 099
Cover, cloth, thigh support, Palladium Silver 52 10 8 043 105
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
"your friendly neighborhood critical care anesthesiologist"
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #18
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
11
Rep
572
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
The US seat bottom is the same regular E92 sport seats. The European model has a different seat bottom that looks beefier and has more lateral projection.
Any pictures?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #19
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
225
Rep
8,836
Posts

Drives: SMB F83
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
Any pictures?


Compared to:



You can see in the top picture, the seat bottom is different.
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
"your friendly neighborhood critical care anesthesiologist"
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #20
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
1346
Rep
13,137
Posts


Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Part numbers for Euro front seat bottom cushions:

Thigh support upholstery 52 10 7 139 702
Seat upholstery 52 10 8 042 873

Silver Novillo Leather seat cover part numbers:

Cover, seat, Palladium Silver 52 10 8 043 099
Cover, cloth, thigh support, Palladium Silver 52 10 8 043 105
Keep in mind the cushions house the OC3 occupancy sensor mat - there is a difference between euro and US versions.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #21
mPlasticDesign
Brigadier General
mPlasticDesign's Avatar
257
Rep
4,937
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 Comp Pkg Only
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
I am assuming the top picture is the Euro model, but don't understand why the split armrest? I thought that was not available in Europe? Armrest? Is that on your list? Here is a couple more pics of the seats and armrest:
EURO


US
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #22
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
225
Rep
8,836
Posts

Drives: SMB F83
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Keep in mind the cushions house the OC3 occupancy sensor mat - there is a difference between euro and US versions.
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully we'll be able to find a way to integrate the sensor into the Euro seat cushions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
I am assuming the top picture is the Euro model, but don't understand why the split armrest? I thought that was not available in Europe? Armrest? Is that on your list? Here is a couple more pics of the seats and armrest:
EURO


US
The split arm rest is an option in Europe, but standard in the US for M3, not available for the regular E9x (unless you retrofit it).
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
"your friendly neighborhood critical care anesthesiologist"
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST