BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
European Auto Source
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
killadelphiaM3
Private First Class
 
killadelphiaM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 JB ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Everywhere and Anywhere

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

To the Dumbass in the G35 Coupe.........

So I just got my morning cup of coffee from my local coffee shop, get back on the road and everything's normal. I notice the guy in front of me, in the G35, doing about 10 under the already low 25MPH Limit, with no traffic at all. The road I was on has 4 total lanes, 2 north and 2 south, so naturally I switched lanes and I get behind a car actually going the speed limit. The lane I needed to be in to make my left turn off was in the lane behind the G35, but not for about a mile+. So as I'm about to pass and I put my signal on, this dummy speeds up to about 45, just so I couldn't pass??? Made no sense, I wasn't riding his ass, wasn't annoyed at all, until he wouldn't let me over. I get back behind him and then he slows back down to about 15 MPH? Now I'm like WTF?

Anyway I figured it was probably a younger kid or something, I mean the car was about 8-10 years old, and the Italian flag decal in the back was an indicator too. So I get back into the other lane actually going the speed limit, get next to him and this guy was about 40-45 years old, dressed like he was part of the Sopranos wearing a jump suit top with what looked like a dress shirt under it???, and speeds up once again when I was about to get around him, not cut anyone off, but a normal everyday driving lane change. I had not clue what this guys problem was. I get back into the lane behind him and bam, back down to 15MPH.

My turn was coming up and where I turn is a very long left turn lane, because it gets real busy during rush hour and stuff, so it's about 1/8 of a mile long, instead of your usual 3 car turn lane. So I have my left turn blinker on and I'm actually in the left turn lane, this dildo is still going 15mph but now driving half in the lane I'm in and half in the straight lane??? Did he think I was trying to illegally pass him from a left turn only lane, with my left turn blinker on? I said fuck it, and moved to the left more and gave it half throttle and got past him, he then gunned his car to full throttle, cause like I said i think he thought I was trying to get back into the straight lane? Should of heard this POS G35 at full throttle sounded like a V6 Nizzan, OH wait it IS a V6 Nissan!!! This guy really was grinding my gears, what a dickhead. Made no sense, wasn't even doing anything wrong and not even going the same way either. I honestly believe this guy thought I had a 328i coupe or something. He Clearly thought his car was better and faster than mine, he's clearly mistaken. I hope I see him again and I'm gonna bother the shit out of him.

Side note.........Why is it that guys in Infinity G's and Lexus IS's think their cars are performance cars?? Even their, type s or r spec cars aren't performance cars. Out of all the cars on the road these two types of cars are the one's I seem to always run into trouble with. I've had a bunch of guys in IS250's, some IS350's, try to race me or egg me on to try to race, usually roll the window down if I can and tell them it's not even worth my time unless they got a Supercharger and a 200 shot of NOS. I'm all for people enjoying their cars, modifying them and racing them. And it really doesn't matter what you have and can afford as long as you have fun, but why try to race people when you DON'T have a performance car? That would be like me pulling up in my M and asking a guy with an 2001 Mustang V6 if he wants to race, it's not gonna, nor should it, ever happen. Don't even get me started on the IS-F owners, those guys are straight salty. But I guess I would be too if I over-paid for a Toyota with a Yamaha engine and fake quad exhaust.

Sorry for the long ass thread. Had to say something, that guy pissed me off.
killadelphiaM3 is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
 
thekurgan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 2,648
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Cool story, but what's the Italian flag on the car have anything to do with judging the type of driver?
__________________

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Carbon/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/Rattle fixes
thekurgan is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
///Miniz racer
Private
 
///Miniz racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Lime Rock M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LA 626

Posts: 94
iTrader: (0)

Rant Much😄?
///Miniz racer is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
///Matthew
Major
 
///Matthew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3, 1999 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,114
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Cool story, but what's the Italian flag on the car have anything to do with judging the type of driver?
Around here, it is actually an amazingly accurate indicator of driver douche level. Second only to the driver's adornment of white framed sunglasses.

*before I get nuked, I'm half Italian...
__________________

2013 Santorini Blue M3
1999 Estoril Blue M3
mfatuation.com
///Matthew is offline  
0
      09-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matthew View Post
Around here, it is actually an amazingly accurate indicator of driver douche level. Second only to the driver's adornment of white framed sunglasses.

*before I get nuked, I'm half Italian...
Relevant (video below):



http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=c182b056cbc7

Guy in the Merc (filming) was driving an E63 AMG.
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
      09-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
///Matthew
Major
 
///Matthew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3, 1999 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,114
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matthew View Post
Around here, it is actually an amazingly accurate indicator of driver douche level. Second only to the driver's adornment of white framed sunglasses.

*before I get nuked, I'm half Italian...
Relevant:



http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=c182b056cbc7
I woke up in a new Camaro! Million dollar car, bitch!
__________________

2013 Santorini Blue M3
1999 Estoril Blue M3
mfatuation.com
///Matthew is offline  
0
      09-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
killadelphiaM3
Private First Class
 
killadelphiaM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 JB ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Everywhere and Anywhere

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Miniz racer View Post
Rant Much😄?
Hey I said sorry for the long ass rant!!! hahaha
killadelphiaM3 is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Z K
Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 2,038
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Side note.........Why is it that guys in Infinity G's and Lexus IS's think their cars are performance cars?? Even their, type s or r spec cars aren't performance cars. Out of all the cars on the road these two types of cars are the one's I seem to always run into trouble with. I've had a bunch of guys in IS250's, some IS350's, try to race me or egg me on to try to race, usually roll the window down if I can and tell them it's not even worth my time unless they got a Supercharger and a 200 shot of NOS. I'm all for people enjoying their cars, modifying them and racing them. And it really doesn't matter what you have and can afford as long as you have fun, but why try to race people when you DON'T have a performance car? That would be like me pulling up in my M and asking a guy with an 2001 Mustang V6 if he wants to race, it's not gonna, nor should it, ever happen. Don't even get me started on the IS-F owners, those guys are straight salty. But I guess I would be too if I over-paid for a Toyota with a Yamaha engine and fake quad exhaust.
I don't know what kind of people you get on the east coast but Lexus IS drivers here are mostly old Asian ladies who drive like grandmothers... or maybe they are grandmothers. Also, there really is nothing wrong with Infiniti G and Lexus IS cars. They make good sports sedans. I'd get an IS over a 328i any day as a daily driver. More reliable, holds value better and I think it looks a lot better (not the 2014+ ones).

As for people trying to race you, maybe it's because your car stands out? Not many M3s around?
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Z K is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
killadelphiaM3
Private First Class
 
killadelphiaM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 JB ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Everywhere and Anywhere

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matthew View Post
Around here, it is actually an amazingly accurate indicator of driver douche level. Second only to the driver's adornment of white framed sunglasses.

*before I get nuked, I'm half Italian...
I hear you, I'm part Italian as well, the reason I mentioned it is because where I live it there's a shit load of Italians, not a bad thing, but it seems like every dildo out here with 1% Italian blood in them, acts like they're "connected" hahaha, or something. Ever since Jersey shore and the Sopranos, all you see is Italian pride crap everywhere here. I've even seen some cars with the colors or the flag on their car and when you get next to them it's a black person, I doubt their Italian. hahaha And it's usually younger kids with the stuff on their cars, so thats also why I said it.
killadelphiaM3 is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
killadelphiaM3
Private First Class
 
killadelphiaM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 JB ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Everywhere and Anywhere

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matthew View Post
Around here, it is actually an amazingly accurate indicator of driver douche level. Second only to the driver's adornment of white framed sunglasses.

*before I get nuked, I'm half Italian...
///MATTHEW knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about, maybe even more since he lives in Jersey, they have the worst case of Italian-itus in the whole country.
killadelphiaM3 is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S & IS350
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,701
iTrader: (1)

Not all guys in IS350 are bad guys. I would definitely see owners of e9x Ms when I was in my lexus and all were friendly to me. It's the area you're in..seems full of douches.

Also I wouldn't insult the V6 Nissan..don't forget what a GTR will do to your bmw

People are idiots, but seems like you were responsible when dealing with this one..probably just a guy who had a bad day or is jealous of you, just ignore it.
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
      09-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
killadelphiaM3
Private First Class
 
killadelphiaM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 JB ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Everywhere and Anywhere

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I don't know what kind of people you get on the east coast but Lexus IS drivers here are mostly old Asian ladies who drive like grandmothers... or maybe they are grandmothers. Also, there really is nothing wrong with Infiniti G and Lexus IS cars. They make good sports sedans. I'd get an IS over a 328i any day as a daily driver. More reliable, holds value better and I think it looks a lot better (not the 2014+ ones).

As for people trying to race you, maybe it's because your car stands out? Not many M3s around?
I see a fair amount of kids driving the IS250's and older G35's. And I see a decent amount of M cars as well, from e36's to e9X's and e39' and e60's too. But here's what I don't get, I find that the Infinity's and Lexus's try to "race" but when I see younger guys in Vette's or Pony cars, and other types they don't bother with me nearly as much. I was just ranting cuz that dude pissed me off. What I was really trying to say on that issue was if you got an IS250/350, that's all fine and cool, but don't act like you bought the IS-F, or something with a V8. That's all. I don't go out trying to get the new McLaren to race me do I?
killadelphiaM3 is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #13
killadelphiaM3
Private First Class
 
killadelphiaM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 JB ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Everywhere and Anywhere

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Not all guys in IS350 are bad guys. I would definitely see owners of e9x Ms when I was in my lexus and all were friendly to me. It's the area you're in..seems full of douches.

Also I wouldn't insult the V6 Nissan..don't forget what a GTR will do to your bmw

People are idiots, but seems like you were responsible when dealing with this one..probably just a guy who had a bad day or is jealous of you, just ignore it.
I didn't say a Twin Turbo V6?? haha. Like I said before guy pissed me off was just ranting. I'm friendly to most drivers on the road especially when I see they take pride in their cars/trucks/suvs, more talking about those guys in their 20's-30's who still act like they just got their License.
killadelphiaM3 is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #14
///Miniz racer
Private
 
///Miniz racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Lime Rock M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LA 626

Posts: 94
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3 View Post
Hey I said sorry for the long ass rant!!! hahaha
Ha I agree though,g35 drivers are douchebags😐
///Miniz racer is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #15
Z K
Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 2,038
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3 View Post
I see a fair amount of kids driving the IS250's and older G35's. And I see a decent amount of M cars as well, from e36's to e9X's and e39' and e60's too. But here's what I don't get, I find that the Infinity's and Lexus's try to "race" but when I see younger guys in Vette's or Pony cars, and other types they don't bother with me nearly as much. I was just ranting cuz that dude pissed me off. What I was really trying to say on that issue was if you got an IS250/350, that's all fine and cool, but don't act like you bought the IS-F, or something with a V8. That's all. I don't go out trying to get the new McLaren to race me do I?
The appeal of a sporty car to younger people is obvious. They want to look good and go fast. And I think you've answered your own question. Young people do dumb stuff. The American car guys are probably like you, they have nothing to prove. But watch what happens when a Camaro and Mustang pull up together, then they get worked up.

People of slower cars always want to measure themselves against higher up cars. They want to see what the other car can do and if they can "keep up".
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Z K is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #16
NYCM3ryder
Razzor
 
Drives: JB E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York City

Posts: 512
iTrader: (0)

lol. wow just hearing this story reminds me of the dumb young kids around here in NYC in a g37s. I was having a nice day cruising in the m3 on the LIE, and out of the blue i hear some kids screaming get the slow german POS car off the road........ i think to myself really???? M mode engaged and then all i saw was a black dot in my rear view.
__________________

2011 E90, 6 speed, technology package, black 220 rims , EDC, moon roof, matt black grills, matte side grills, 15% carbon tints, carbon fiber M pedals, ACS roof wing, IND painted reflectors, mfest black gloss m3badges, Mfest side window stickers, Tuner MS 15mm spacers, Carbon fiber M foot pedals, MS air filter, RPI air scoops, euro switch mod
NYCM3ryder is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #17
PurM3
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

You have a good temper sir..I would cut him off in no time..
PurM3 is offline  
0
      09-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Brucewonder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,543
iTrader: (4)

I never liked the majority of G35 or IS owners i run into. Feel like they always have somethign to prove. Sad thing is M3s are getting there. With used M's getting so affortable, ive been seeing riced out M's with tacky ass mods roaming Socal. Need me a prosche
__________________
2011.5 E92 ///M3 SSII/FR
Brucewonder is offline  
0
      09-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #19
nullrouted
Studying...
 
nullrouted's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Central Florida

Posts: 850
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Relevant (video below):

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=c182b056cbc7

Guy in the Merc (filming) was driving an E63 AMG.


That guy in the AMG was a little boring though. I would have laughed at the kid and reminded him that my AMG was worth 3x his piece of shit Camaro.
nullrouted is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
nullrouted
Studying...
 
nullrouted's Avatar
 
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Central Florida

Posts: 850
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3 View Post
So I just got my morning cup of coffee from my local coffee shop, get back on the road and everything's normal. I notice the guy in front of me, in the G35, doing about 10 under the already low 25MPH Limit, with no traffic at all. The road I was on has 4 total lanes, 2 north and 2 south, so naturally I switched lanes and I get behind a car actually going the speed limit. The lane I needed to be in to make my left turn off was in the lane behind the G35, but not for about a mile+. So as I'm about to pass and I put my signal on, this dummy speeds up to about 45, just so I couldn't pass??? Made no sense, I wasn't riding his ass, wasn't annoyed at all, until he wouldn't let me over. I get back behind him and then he slows back down to about 15 MPH? Now I'm like WTF?

Anyway I figured it was probably a younger kid or something, I mean the car was about 8-10 years old, and the Italian flag decal in the back was an indicator too. So I get back into the other lane actually going the speed limit, get next to him and this guy was about 40-45 years old, dressed like he was part of the Sopranos wearing a jump suit top with what looked like a dress shirt under it???, and speeds up once again when I was about to get around him, not cut anyone off, but a normal everyday driving lane change. I had not clue what this guys problem was. I get back into the lane behind him and bam, back down to 15MPH.

My turn was coming up and where I turn is a very long left turn lane, because it gets real busy during rush hour and stuff, so it's about 1/8 of a mile long, instead of your usual 3 car turn lane. So I have my left turn blinker on and I'm actually in the left turn lane, this dildo is still going 15mph but now driving half in the lane I'm in and half in the straight lane??? Did he think I was trying to illegally pass him from a left turn only lane, with my left turn blinker on? I said fuck it, and moved to the left more and gave it half throttle and got past him, he then gunned his car to full throttle, cause like I said i think he thought I was trying to get back into the straight lane? Should of heard this POS G35 at full throttle sounded like a V6 Nizzan, OH wait it IS a V6 Nissan!!! This guy really was grinding my gears, what a dickhead. Made no sense, wasn't even doing anything wrong and not even going the same way either. I honestly believe this guy thought I had a 328i coupe or something. He Clearly thought his car was better and faster than mine, he's clearly mistaken. I hope I see him again and I'm gonna bother the shit out of him.

Side note.........Why is it that guys in Infinity G's and Lexus IS's think their cars are performance cars?? Even their, type s or r spec cars aren't performance cars. Out of all the cars on the road these two types of cars are the one's I seem to always run into trouble with. I've had a bunch of guys in IS250's, some IS350's, try to race me or egg me on to try to race, usually roll the window down if I can and tell them it's not even worth my time unless they got a Supercharger and a 200 shot of NOS. I'm all for people enjoying their cars, modifying them and racing them. And it really doesn't matter what you have and can afford as long as you have fun, but why try to race people when you DON'T have a performance car? That would be like me pulling up in my M and asking a guy with an 2001 Mustang V6 if he wants to race, it's not gonna, nor should it, ever happen. Don't even get me started on the IS-F owners, those guys are straight salty. But I guess I would be too if I over-paid for a Toyota with a Yamaha engine and fake quad exhaust.

Sorry for the long ass thread. Had to say something, that guy pissed me off.
I would have been praying his stupid ass hit me while he was drifting over into my lane. His insurance can pay for my neck sprain and my new Ferrari, got my attorney on speed dial.
nullrouted is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #21
Curt2000
Colonel
 
Curt2000's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City

Posts: 2,401
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurM3 View Post
You have a good temper sir..I would cut him off in no time..

I dont think in situations like this...I would have instinctually reacted by overpowering him and driving on my marry way. I never, EVER provoke other drivers. I make it a point to drive courteously and defensively. That being said, if someone goes out of their way to single me out and harass me by cutting me off or blocking lanes etc...well...lets just say I very rarely feel the need to vent about some ass hole getting away with it.
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Curt2000 is offline   United_States
0
      09-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #22
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
 
thekurgan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 2,648
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matthew View Post
Around here, it is actually an amazingly accurate indicator of driver douche level. Second only to the driver's adornment of white framed sunglasses.

*before I get nuked, I'm half Italian...
Good to know if I'm ever in that neck of the woods. I'm from the East coast as well, just never noticed stickers aside from the 'baby on board' things.
__________________

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Carbon/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/Rattle fixes
thekurgan is offline   United_States
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST