BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #133
SWOLE
Private First Class
 
Drives: This week?
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Apex, NC

Posts: 105
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Your house matches your location perfectly! Love that style. Wanted to do that here but keep it single story. Didn't quite pull it off....

Like the lower level garage as well. Nice!
Thanks for the kind comment, MP0WER. Interestingly enough, it was the similarities I saw between our houses that was the impetus for me to post in the first place. So I wouldn't say you were too far off your original design intentions at all!

I appreciate the comments on the garage. I do love that garage. I can get four cars in there if I had to. And, better yet, it leads into the basement which we are about to finish construction on.

My last duty station was in the UK, and we really enjoyed the local pub culture mentality. So we are designing it around those memories. I just had a bunch of stuff shipped over from the UK (including replaced pub signs) that will really help with the authenticity factor. We also put heating elements underneath the slate floor throughout the basement, so that should really help add to the room's "warmth" in the winter months.

The other half of the basement will be our theatre room. Everything has already been purchased and it's KILLING me to have all this great equipment just stacked up in boxes on the floor as opposed to being able to enjoy the quality sounds I am dying to hear.

Not that anyone asked, but I will post a picture of the bar in its current state. It will have it's own 55" Panny plasma behind it on a separate channel for "entertainment" purposes. We will also have three beers on tap at any one time so if anyone is coming through the area and cares to stop by for a pint you are more than welcome! We should be completely done with the project within the next two weeks.

Cheers,
t
Attached Images
 
__________________
'08 Sparkling Graphite E92 M3, all options sans PDC. I know how to drive this car - you can be sure as hell I know how to park it.
'03 Sterling Grey 540i M-Sport
'71 Colorado Orange 2002
SWOLE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #134
kevinbahnz
Lieutenant
 
kevinbahnz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

Posts: 478
iTrader: (1)

Beautiful home Mr Swole. What is on tap, I'll can be there in an hour.
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
kevinbahnz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #135
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 E90 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS

Posts: 1,543
iTrader: (0)

Are those The Balvenie bottles on the bar? If so you have good taste
__________________
PINeely is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #136
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
 
MediaArtist's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

Posts: 1,189
iTrader: (0)

Keep posting pics guys, love it.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
MediaArtist is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #137
KingOfJericho
Major General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 5,017
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Bought our house in July of last year. We just had the whole lawn tilled and reseeded so it looks a bit rough at the moment but when it grows in I'll take a few pics.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #138
Patrick719
Lieutenant
 
Patrick719's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Fast
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Posts: 409
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to Patrick719
My house is currently just a foundation with some floor sheeting going in now. Framing starts next week. Not too picture worthy yet.
__________________
2010 RRSS Autobiography - #7 resonator delete
2008 335xi Coupe - sold

Patrick719 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #139
JasonCSU
Colonel
 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 2,145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post
Not that anyone asked, but I will post a picture of the bar in its current state. It will have it's own 55" Panny plasma behind it on a separate channel for "entertainment" purposes. We will also have three beers on tap at any one time so if anyone is coming through the area and cares to stop by for a pint you are more than welcome! We should be completely done with the project within the next two weeks.
SWOLE,
I'm curious about your refrigeration plans for the multiple kegs you will have on tap. Will each keg have its own mini-fridge type kegerator, or will you employ a commercial fridge solution that can hold multiple kegs? I have a Danby mini-fridge kegerator that is great when it works, but it can also be temperamental.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
JasonCSU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #140
JasonCSU
Colonel
 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 2,145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
sure, if you remember the pic I had I posted, 4 car garage attached to the house with separate 2 car garage connected with a bridge. A pretty large garage bay was needed to park all the cars comfortably haha.
That's right, I recall now. Any special plans for the garage space like a lift or workshop?
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
JasonCSU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #141
SWOLE
Private First Class
 
Drives: This week?
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Apex, NC

Posts: 105
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
SWOLE,
I'm curious about your refrigeration plans for the multiple kegs you will have on tap. Will each keg have its own mini-fridge type kegerator, or will you employ a commercial fridge solution that can hold multiple kegs? I have a Danby mini-fridge kegerator that is great when it works, but it can also be temperamental.
I will have two 5-gallon kegs (Sierra Nevada and Yuengling) in one mini-fridge with a tap connected to the granite bar top. This solutions works well for my needs because, generally speaking, the liquid gold will expire within 30-35 days of purchase anyhow. And I simply don't go through beer quickly enough to justify a commercial unit - though believe me I did consider it. Truth is that if I went with the commercial unit I wouldn't have had enough room for the the wine fridge.

The third tap will be connected to a British style ale (home brewed, room temp., naturally carbonated, fermented cask) similar to Doom Bar (from Cornwall) that will have a traditional hand-pulled style draught system.

I'm serious when I say if anyone wants to stop by they can. We should be open in two weeks!

Cheers,
t
__________________
'08 Sparkling Graphite E92 M3, all options sans PDC. I know how to drive this car - you can be sure as hell I know how to park it.
'03 Sterling Grey 540i M-Sport
'71 Colorado Orange 2002
SWOLE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #142
ROB_S2K
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,765
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post
Okay, I'll play. Pic of our humble abode in NC. I snapped it on the way into the driveway today.

Cheers,
t
Simply amazing man. Well done
__________________
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT-8

(2012 | Laguna Seca Blue | Rust Brown | Individual | 6MT) SOLD
ROB_S2K is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #143
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
 
Drives: Sleeper Until the key turns
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Foxrus14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post

I'm serious when I say if anyone wants to stop by they can. We should be open in two weeks!

Cheers,
t
Looks like a Bimmer meet is going to take place in Apex, NC. Not a bad ride from Charlotte...

When we get our downstairs complete with our full kitchen and bar I will return the favor. Spring 2014
__________________
2013 X1 35i M Sport - Mine
2012 135i M Sport - Wifey
2014 ZL1 - Mine
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special - Mine
2014 Harley Davidson Breakout - Wifey
Foxrus14 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #144
JasonCSU
Colonel
 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 2,145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post
I will have two 5-gallon kegs (Sierra Nevada and Yuengling) in one mini-fridge with a tap connected to the granite bar top. This solutions works well for my needs because, generally speaking, the liquid gold will expire within 30-35 days of purchase anyhow. And I simply don't go through beer quickly enough to justify a commercial unit - though believe me I did consider it. Truth is that if I went with the commercial unit I wouldn't have had enough room for the the wine fridge.

The third tap will be connected to a British style ale (home brewed, room temp., naturally carbonated, fermented cask) similar to Doom Bar (from Cornwall) that will have a traditional hand-pulled style draught system.

I'm serious when I say if anyone wants to stop by they can. We should be open in two weeks!

Cheers,
t

Gotcha. I usually go with the 5 gallon kegs as well to switch up to a different beer more frequently. I've also been tempted to swap out the single tap for a dual since I can also fit two 5 gallon kegs in the kegerator if I wanted. The third tap on a cask is a really cool idea. I've never seen anyone do that in a home bar before.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
JasonCSU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #145
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Ok, I recently moved into a 5 year old home and ended up doing alot of renovations before moving in...the hardwood floors were nice but too reddish in color so it had to go....the shelving in family room had cabinet doors which were awkward so the entire unit had to be pulled and replaced...I have alot of photos but before the actual staining process so no pics of finished work...if there is a hell for being wasteful I am sure I will be there...threw away alot of nice cabinets and flooring....


Here is what we started with:







Then it begins(all shelving and frame removed, hardwoods removed and new floors laid down):









Old Office/New Office(Installed Built In cabinets):






Hallway Coatrack:





Garage :


mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #146
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
 
infinitekid2002's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 3,364
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Ok, I recently moved into a 5 year old home and ended up doing alot of renovations before moving in...the hardwood floors were nice but too reddish in color so it had to go....the shelving in family room had cabinet doors which were awkward so the entire unit had to be pulled and replaced...I have alot of photos but before the actual staining process so no pics of finished work...if there is a hell for being wasteful I am sure I will be there...threw away alot of nice cabinets and flooring....


Here is what we started with:
nice house bro, where's the bunker jk u wouldnt reveal that!
__________________
infinitekid2002 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #147
JasonCSU
Colonel
 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 2,145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Ok, I recently moved into a 5 year old home and ended up doing alot of renovations before moving in...the hardwood floors were nice but too reddish in color so it had to go....the shelving in family room had cabinet doors which were awkward so the entire unit had to be pulled and replaced...I have alot of photos but before the actual staining process so no pics of finished work...if there is a hell for being wasteful I am sure I will be there...threw away alot of nice cabinets and flooring....
Wow, that seems crazy to rip up the existing hardwood flooring. Why not sand it down and refinish it instead?
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
JasonCSU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #148
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
nice house bro, where's the bunker jk u wouldnt reveal that!
Infinite:

Haha...I have a gallon of koolaid in the fridge...10 ft roll of tin foil for my cap...packing my CZ 75B 9mm with hollow points....have 6 cannisters of propane and portable grill...I'm ready hehe...

Jason:

We actually tried to sand old hardwoods and re-stain brown color but it was too reddish and the texture of floor would be gone...we went brown colored maple with hand scraped texture...looks much better but man was my wallet gouged!
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #149
finaloption
Second Lieutenant
 
finaloption's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 f30 n26
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC

Posts: 241
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Infinite:

Haha...I have a gallon of koolaid in the fridge...10 ft roll of tin foil for my cap...packing my CZ 75B 9mm with hollow points....have 6 cannisters of propane and portable grill...I'm ready hehe...

Jason:

We actually tried to sand old hardwoods and re-stain brown color but it was too reddish and the texture of floor would be gone...we went brown colored maple with hand scraped texture...looks much better but man was my wallet gouged!
I love the color of the new floors.. good call on the change.
__________________
finaloption is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #150
amanda hor$t
Banned
 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Gotcha. I usually go with the 5 gallon kegs as well to switch up to a different beer more frequently. I've also been tempted to swap out the single tap for a dual since I can also fit two 5 gallon kegs in the kegerator if I wanted. The third tap on a cask is a really cool idea. I've never seen anyone do that in a home bar before.
minikegs seem like novelties imo. carries the weight of a 12-pack, i'd rather just go with bottles.

btw, anyone put beers in the freezer? i've done it with vodka, seems like it would make a nice frosty brew
amanda hor$t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #151
JasonCSU
Colonel
 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 2,145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
minikegs seem like novelties imo. carries the weight of a 12-pack, i'd rather just go with bottles.

btw, anyone put beers in the freezer? i've done it with vodka, seems like it would make a nice frosty brew
I think you are confusing something like the Heineken mini keg with regular beer kegs. I believe the Heineken mini keg is 5 liters in size while the "sixth barrel" beer keg I am using is just over 5 gallons in size. The mini keg would hold about 14 12oz beers while the sixth barrel holds about 55 12oz beers. A sixth barrel is just like a pony keg or half barrel with the types of taps they use. Mine is connected to a CO2 tap like you would see at a bar which keeps the beer fresh for about 2-3 months.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
JasonCSU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #152
amanda hor$t
Banned
 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
I think you are confusing something like the Heineken mini keg with regular beer kegs. I believe the Heineken mini keg is 5 liters in size while the "sixth barrel" beer keg I am using is just over 5 gallons in size. The mini keg would hold about 14 12oz beers while the sixth barrel holds about 55 12oz beers. A sixth barrel is just like a pony keg or half barrel with the types of taps they use. Mine is connected to a CO2 tap like you would see at a bar which keeps the beer fresh for about 2-3 months.
ahh, nice
amanda hor$t is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #153
Dkhan23
Banned
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada/USA

Posts: 360
iTrader: (0)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  74.4 KB
Dkhan23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #154
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,147
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post
Thanks for the kind comment, MP0WER. Interestingly enough, it was the similarities I saw between our houses that was the impetus for me to post in the first place. So I wouldn't say you were too far off your original design intentions at all!

I appreciate the comments on the garage. I do love that garage. I can get four cars in there if I had to. And, better yet, it leads into the basement which we are about to finish construction on.

My last duty station was in the UK, and we really enjoyed the local pub culture mentality. So we are designing it around those memories. I just had a bunch of stuff shipped over from the UK (including replaced pub signs) that will really help with the authenticity factor. We also put heating elements underneath the slate floor throughout the basement, so that should really help add to the room's "warmth" in the winter months.

The other half of the basement will be our theatre room. Everything has already been purchased and it's KILLING me to have all this great equipment just stacked up in boxes on the floor as opposed to being able to enjoy the quality sounds I am dying to hear.

Not that anyone asked, but I will post a picture of the bar in its current state. It will have it's own 55" Panny plasma behind it on a separate channel for "entertainment" purposes. We will also have three beers on tap at any one time so if anyone is coming through the area and cares to stop by for a pint you are more than welcome! We should be completely done with the project within the next two weeks.

Cheers,
t
Sweet Bar! All that audio equipment would be killing me sitting there in boxes too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick719 View Post
My house is currently just a foundation with some floor sheeting going in now. Framing starts next week. Not too picture worthy yet.
Exciting times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Ok, I recently moved into a 5 year old home and ended up doing alot of renovations before moving in...the hardwood floors were nice but too reddish in color so it had to go....the shelving in family room had cabinet doors which were awkward so the entire unit had to be pulled and replaced...I have alot of photos but before the actual staining process so no pics of finished work...if there is a hell for being wasteful I am sure I will be there...threw away alot of nice cabinets and flooring....
Very nice. Love the use of so much wood. Brings a lot of warmth to the space.



I noticed that one of the pics i took with a cell phone made the floors look horrible. Being in the flooring industry, i can't have that.

Used American Walnut in the living room and a medium travertine with chiseled edges in a french cut pattern.








Used teak in the pool bath.... little dusty during construction.

__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST