BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #111
kevinbahnz
Lieutenant
 
kevinbahnz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

Posts: 479
iTrader: (1)

I hate that game, My daughter is on that thing all day. But its cute when she tries to explain to me how to play it and she's only 4 and I am clueless.
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
kevinbahnz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #112
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 781
iTrader: (1)

LOL at this thread!....

Kids talking Med school and MD degrees before taking the MCAT....odds dont favor you I hate to say....and fee for service and private practice will be dead by the time you start practicing and thats assuming you do make it into med school...learn the word "employee model"...

To be young and naive again...

Lastly, you mofos are crazy for posting pics of your real house...now, I will post pics of my garage.
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #113
JasonCSU
Colonel
 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 2,154
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I contemplated weather or not to post in here; i did so in hopes to bring some normalcy into the thread. Built this with my wife in 2009. The design process was fun. It was nice being able to design into the house those small details i've always wanted.

Funny that i haven't taken any pics of it since it was built. This was even before the garage doors were painted... and before i dropped the M3.


Now this is the kind of place I would like to see myself in someday. The house itself appears to be of modest size while also having the large 4 car garage. I don't need all that much living space, but the garage space is key. Most places around here with 3 or more garage spaces are very large homes with far more space than I would need at this point. Building a place like you did would probably be the only way to get something I like that would truly suit my needs and wants. My 2 bedroom, 2 car garage townhouse will suffice for now though.

The slate accent wall is awesome by the way.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
JasonCSU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #114
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,808
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
The house itself appears to be of modest size while also having the large 4 car garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post

btw, i'm a retired millionaire (and that's all i'm going to admit to).
Not to be an ass, the proper use of "modest", without inadvertently demeaning, would be to say "Grubba, since you're so modest, let me be the one to tell the forum you are a descendent of Liu Bei, Ancient King of China, possess diplomatic immunity, a trust fund, etc. etc."
grimlock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #115
paradoxical3
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 646
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Not to be an ass, the proper use of "modest", without inadvertently demeaning, would be to say "Grubba, since you're so modest, let me be the one to tell the forum you are a descendent of Liu Bei, Ancient King of China, possess diplomatic immunity, a trust fund, etc. etc."
Not to be an ass, but the guy you quoted is actually using the term acceptably. And your sentence is a massive run-on and has spelling mistakes.

Grammar nazi fail.
paradoxical3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #116
Wakka
but no flokka
 
Wakka's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 1er
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

This thread is full of laptop CEO's.
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Wakka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #117
JLed79
First Lieutenant
 
JLed79's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, very very fast...
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In front of AMGs

Posts: 399
iTrader: (0)

This thread is really funny
JLed79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #118
chillbil79
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 335xi Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Delaware

Posts: 216
iTrader: (1)

Matt Foleys my dad

chillbil79 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #119
kyle335i
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 105
iTrader: (2)

yo yo nukka, I'm 12 years old, imma finish up high school at age 15 and then go to kollage and become a doctor and make millions yo yo. I'm ganna be a doctor at 18 years age then imma become a lawyer and then im going to become an astronaut and then im going to open a computer company and become the worlds richest man. you got nothing on me yo, my car has more mods than what your cars worth.
kyle335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #120
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,808
iTrader: (0)

^Yo bra, my car got $15 in mods .. dawg watch out, u gonna embarrass yoself
grimlock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #121
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Now this is the kind of place I would like to see myself in someday. The house itself appears to be of modest size while also having the large 4 car garage. I don't need all that much living space, but the garage space is key. Most places around here with 3 or more garage spaces are very large homes with far more space than I would need at this point. Building a place like you did would probably be the only way to get something I like that would truly suit my needs and wants. My 2 bedroom, 2 car garage townhouse will suffice for now though.

The slate accent wall is awesome by the way.
Modest is a good term.

We would have built the actual home smaller but the lake we built on is getting closer and closer to downtown tampa every day so to speak. The other houses on the lake were all built in the 60's so why would a couple with 2 kids buy my relatively new house and have to do renovations when they can buy the next door neighbors house for half as much and demo it? So for this reason we were thought it was a good idea to make it 4 bedroom 3 bath at 3200sf. We actually use one of the bedrooms as a laundry room and one for an office.

The laundry room shares a wall to the garage and i drew out a laundry room in the garage should someone want to use it as a bedroom. If they did all they would have to do is put up one wall and a door and they have it. But for us it adds another 250sf to the garage. Again it was nice to draw out everything exactly where we wanted it. Until i started making it smaller. I actually dropped 2 feet of depth from the original garage. As built you can fit 4 F150s or 9 mini coopers in the garage. Or 4 regular cars and a lawn tractor and trailer in there. This is it and a pic of the area for future laundry where i have a bench and keep the tool box and compressor. The garage is 1755sf, which is 100sf bigger than our last house. haha. But we bought that house in 1999.








Here is the slap... the neighbor in this pic repainted and relandscaped after we moved in. haha

__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #122
SWOLE
Private First Class
 
Drives: This week?
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Apex, NC

Posts: 106
iTrader: (5)

Okay, I'll play. Pic of our humble abode in NC. I snapped it on the way into the driveway today.

Cheers,
t
Attached Images
 
__________________
'08 Sparkling Graphite E92 M3, all options sans PDC. I know how to drive this car - you can be sure as hell I know how to park it.
'03 Sterling Grey 540i M-Sport
'71 Colorado Orange 2002
SWOLE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #123
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post
Okay, I'll play. Pic of our humble abode in NC. I snapped it on the way into the driveway today.

Cheers,
t
Your house matches your location perfectly! Love that style. Wanted to do that here but keep it single story. Didn't quite pull it off....

Like the lower level garage as well. Nice!
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #124
JLed79
First Lieutenant
 
JLed79's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast, very very fast...
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In front of AMGs

Posts: 399
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post
Okay, I'll play. Pic of our humble abode in NC. I snapped it on the way into the driveway today.

Cheers,
t
Beautiful home. I agree with Mpower. I love the garage on the lower level like that. Very classy.
JLed79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #125
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,706
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
That's cool. I was mostly curious on the layout, like is it 3 bays wide and 2 bays deep, or is it 6 bays wide which would require a massive driveway.
sure, if you remember the pic I had I posted, 4 car garage attached to the house with separate 2 car garage connected with a bridge. A pretty large garage bay was needed to park all the cars comfortably haha.
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #126
kevinbahnz
Lieutenant
 
kevinbahnz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

Posts: 479
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post
Okay, I'll play. Pic of our humble abode in NC. I snapped it on the way into the driveway today.

Cheers,
t
Humble my butt, thats what 5000sq/ft?
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
kevinbahnz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #127
JasonCSU
Colonel
 
Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 2,154
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Modest is a good term.

We would have built the actual home smaller but the lake we built on is getting closer and closer to downtown tampa every day so to speak. The other houses on the lake were all built in the 60's so why would a couple with 2 kids buy my relatively new house and have to do renovations when they can buy the next door neighbors house for half as much and demo it? So for this reason we were thought it was a good idea to make it 4 bedroom 3 bath at 3200sf. We actually use one of the bedrooms as a laundry room and one for an office.

The laundry room shares a wall to the garage and i drew out a laundry room in the garage should someone want to use it as a bedroom. If they did all they would have to do is put up one wall and a door and they have it. But for us it adds another 250sf to the garage. Again it was nice to draw out everything exactly where we wanted it. Until i started making it smaller. I actually dropped 2 feet of depth from the original garage. As built you can fit 4 F150s or 9 mini coopers in the garage. Or 4 regular cars and a lawn tractor and trailer in there. This is it and a pic of the area for future laundry where i have a bench and keep the tool box and compressor. The garage is 1755sf, which is 100sf bigger than our last house. haha. But we bought that house in 1999.

It makes a lot of sense to build it out that way for the ease future resale, and would be a lot of fun to have a hand in the design as well. Now you need to host a Mini Cooper meet at your house to get a picture of them all in your garage.

There is another forum I like to browse called GarageJournal.com which is specifically geared towards garage builds. There are a lot of interesting projects and builds posted in the forum of that site. Beware, you can end up spending loads of time on that site.
__________________
Delivered in Munich, broken in on the Nurburgring.
JasonCSU is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #128
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
 
My335iTT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Utah

Posts: 432
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post
Okay, I'll play. Pic of our humble abode in NC. I snapped it on the way into the driveway today.

Cheers,
t
Damn! Very nice!
__________________
2007 335i E92 | Space Gray | Piano Black Grill | LED Angel Eye Upgrade | M3 Style Front Bumper | BMS Dual Cone Intake | JB4 G5ISO Board | More to Come! |
SeanE92 - SCAMMER
My335iTT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #129
Sandye90m3
Captain
 
Sandye90m3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 774
iTrader: (0)

It's funny to read some of the responses from people, at the end of the day many people don't like anybody else's success.

But they all are great houses in my opinion, good work.
__________________
M3.e90 JZB blacked out.coded.TurnerTestPipes
Sandye90m3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #130
KingOfJericho
Major General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 5,102
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
I think the gripe is that many are claiming the success is their own when in reality it is that of a parent.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #131
streetlight
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2010 Jet Black 135i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC

Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)



Nothing much just a place called Schloss Bellevue.
streetlight is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #132
Wakka
but no flokka
 
Wakka's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 1er
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I think the gripe is that many are claiming the success is their own when in reality it is that of a parent.
This. I have no problem with success, but when its not your own its not much of a claim is it?
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Wakka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST