BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Andy H.
Banned
 
Andy H.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 401
iTrader: (1)

LA Senator Elbert Guillory: Why I chose to become a Republican

Louisiana State Senator Elbert Guillory (R-Opelousas) explains why he recently switched from the Democrat Party to the Republican Party. He discusses the history of the Republican Party, founded as an Abolitionist Movement in 1854. Guillory talks about how the welfare state is only a mechanism for politicians to control the black community.

Elbert gets it. Every day we are seeing more and more of the black community realize that the ideology of the left holds people down, through addiction to entitlement, that takes away their freedoms, initiative, ability to achieve and succeed. In turn, the government grows in size, power and rule over the people.

Knowledge is power. Have a goal and a dream. Then work to achieve it. Succeed!

Can you do this with a nanny state government led by Obama and his European socialistic ideology of wanting to provide for everyone?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...epublican.html

Last edited by Andy H.; 06-21-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Andy H. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
bimmerjph
Lieutenant Colonel
 
bimmerjph's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tennessee

Posts: 1,964
iTrader: (0)

Listened to him on Fox the other day. Seems like a nice guy. I would vote for him if I lived in his district.
bimmerjph is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
Andy H.
Banned
 
Andy H.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 401
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Andy H. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
AndreyT
Captain
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
He discusses the history of the Republican Party, founded as an Abolitionist Movement in 1854...blah...blah...blah..
What Guillory does by his statements is he pledges allegiance of the GOP by reciting the official GOP propaganda mythology. It is just a formal initiation ritual. Just like a new member of a gang might be required to commit a murder in order to prove that he is "for real" and to ensure that there no way back for him, the new member of GOP is required to obliterate his own integrity by publicly reciting the official GOP propaganda mythology. Basically, Guillory just burned the bridge that could lead him back to being a competent human being.

Some facts for those who might be confused about the history of the Party:

Republican Party founded in 1854 (aka Conservative party, referring to Fiscal Conservatism) does not exist anymore. Today typical members of that former Republican party are devout Democrats. The massive exodus of former Republicans to Democratic Party took place in the 1930-1950 time frame.

The current Republican Party (aka GOP) exists under a hijacked name. It has no relation to the aforementioned Conservative Party. It has no official founding date. It was formally founded sometime at the end of 1930's-beginning of 1940's, but took its current shape no sooner than the end of 1940's. It was effectively fathered by extreme-right Nazi brass that found safe harbor under the protection of US regime after the WWII.

Last edited by AndreyT; 06-26-2013 at 01:07 PM.
AndreyT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

Posts: 545
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
He discusses the history of the Republican Party, founded as an Abolitionist Movement in 1854...blah...blah...blah..
What Guillory does by his statements is he pledges allegiance of the GOP by reciting the official GOP propaganda mythology. It is just a formal initiation ritual. Just like a new member of a gang might be required to commit a murder in order to prove that he is "for real" and to ensure that there no way back for him, the new member of GOP is required to obliterate his own integrity by publicly reciting the official GOP propaganda mythology. Basically, Guillory just burned the bridge that could lead him back to being a competent human being.

Some facts for those who might be confused about the history of the Party:

Republican Party founded in 1854 (aka Conservative party, referring to Fiscal Conservatism) does not exist anymore. Today typical members of that former Republican party are devout Democrats. The massive exodus of former Republicans to Democratic Party took place in the 1930-1950 time frame.

The current Republican Party (aka GOP) exists under a hijacked name. It has no relation to the aforementioned Conservative Party. It has no official founding date. It was formally founded sometime at the end of 1930's-beginning of 1940's, but took its current shape no sooner than the end of 1940's. It was effectively fathered by extreme-right Nazi brass that found safe harbor under the protection of US regime after the WWII.

HAHAHAHAHAA!!! Your post is hilarious.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
bbbbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
Andy H.
Banned
 
Andy H.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 401
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC2015 View Post
Andy, don't you have something better to do than spam the Politics/Religion board with proverbial nonsense? Just an inquiry, don't mean to be hostile.
Umbc2015, is this not a political thread? The topics I've posited are valid and relevant to issues of the day. Are they not? Who gives you the authority to determine what is said is, "spam"?

If what I've posted bothers you or is such that you are challenged, personally, to opine consider ignoring the post and simply move on.

Last edited by Andy H.; 06-26-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Andy H. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
Andy H.
Banned
 
Andy H.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 401
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC2015 View Post
Perhaps it is you who are challenged and cannot comprehend what "just an inquiry" means.

No authority is required to determine what is spam, and what is not spam. This is the internet, dumbass. Stop living in the Reagan era and get with the times. Your posts also do not bother me, they merely provoke me to question if you are capable of finding a hobby that is more productive and useful than spamming the boards with nonsense.
Ahhh, spoken like a true liberal progressive and verbatim straight from the liberal playbook too! You take direction well. I love it!!!
Andy H. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
AndreyT
Captain
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Ahhh, spoken like a true liberal ...
Wow! This is probably the quickest capitulation I ever saw in any political thread. This one isn't even into a second page yet.
AndreyT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
F1Venom
Captain
 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 766
iTrader: (0)

Liberalism has been taken over by the communists and it started in the 1960s.
Republican party is shit and stands for nothing. I only support Conservative parties but identify as a Nationalist.
F1Venom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
AndreyT
Captain
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Liberalism has been taken over by the communists and it started in the 1960s.
Well, from the most polarized and exaggerated point of view the modern world history is the history of the never ending fight between Nazism and Communism. American Republicanism is a thinly veiled form of Nazism. (Today they are not even trying to veil it).

Last edited by AndreyT; 06-28-2013 at 11:49 AM.
AndreyT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
bbbbmw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

Posts: 545
iTrader: (0)

Perhaps it is you who are challenged and cannot comprehend what "just an inquiry" means.

No authority is required to determine what is spam, and what is not spam. This is the internet, dumbass. Stop living in the Reagan era and get with the times. Your posts also do not bother me, they merely provoke me to question if you are capable of finding a hobby that is more productive and useful than spamming the boards with nonsense.[/quote]


I enjoy the discussion, and reading other points of view. If you don't, you should move to other areas beyond the politics and religion forum.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
bbbbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
Andy H.
Banned
 
Andy H.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 401
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC2015 View Post
You come off as such a bigoted idiot on this forum, I genuinely feel remorse for you.
First you call me an asshole and now you have remorse for me. Which is it? Or what will be in your next response? All you've offered is name calling with zero productive opinion. And, I'm the bigot?!?

Move on if you can't offer a productive, insightful and educated response.

Last edited by Andy H.; 06-26-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Andy H. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
i dunno
Lieutenant
 
Drives: a pair of legs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Louisiana State Senator Elbert Guillory (R-Opelousas) explains why he recently switched from the Democrat Party to the Republican Party. He discusses the history of the Republican Party, founded as an Abolitionist Movement in 1854. Guillory talks about how the welfare state is only a mechanism for politicians to control the black community.

Elbert gets it. Every day we are seeing more and more of the black community realize that the ideology of the left holds people down, through addiction to entitlement, that takes away their freedoms, initiative, ability to achieve and succeed. In turn, the government grows in size, power and rule over the people.

Knowledge is power. Have a goal and a dream. Then work to achieve it. Succeed!

Can you do this with a nanny state government led by Obama and his European socialistic ideology of wanting to provide for everyone?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...epublican.html
what's wrong with european socialism? they seem pretty happy over there with their free healthcare and lower crime rates.

anyway, both us political parties are dumb.
i dunno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #14
Andy H.
Banned
 
Andy H.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 401
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
what's wrong with european socialism? they seem pretty happy over there with their free healthcare and lower crime rates.

anyway, both us political parties are dumb.
Aren't you aware they are bankrupt? Take a thorough look at Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain. Where were you in 2011? Do you believe the citizens who were rioting in the streets of Greece, against their government, are "pretty happy"? Why do you think they were rioting against their government? Why do so many people from other countries around the world come to the U.S. when they need healthcare versus getting it from their own countries socialized healthcare programs instead? The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other peoples money. Take a moment and think it through. Moreover, socialism drains folks of their initiative, drive, motivation and desire to prosper. It prevents them from wanting to achieve and become successful at anything.

Socialism has never ever succeeded since the inception of our planet. Don't believe me? I challenge you to give an example otherwise.

Conversely, there has never been a more productive and successful form of an economic system that has helped and provided for more people than capitalism. By the way, you will never be able to provide for everyone. As a result, it is common sense that you would want the system that provides for the most. Am I wrong? The sad thing is that the progressive liberals continue to erode, corrupt and pervert the system with their socialized policies and agenda.

Ever wonder why our nation is 17 trillion in debt with a trillion dollar budget deficit? Obama has increased the size of our national debt, since he became president, by more than the total debt of all the presidents before him combined! What's even more incredible is that democrats refer to this as, "investing" in the face of their ignorant constituents. It is simply disgusting, pathetic and financially irresponsible. Why do you think obamacare is such a major cluster f*ck. Ever wonder why our insurance premiums have been increasing at a rate of approximately 25% a year since obamacare passed? Hey, Obama said healthcare premiums would not go up if his healthcare bill passed! Oh yeah, just like he promised unemployment would decline below 6% by the following summer if he got the trillion dollar stimulus during his first year as president.

In the meantime, unemployment is at 8% (double digit if you consider all the folks who stopped working). What's worse is that the unemployment rate for blacks is at 14% yet they voted for him for a second term simply because he had the same color skin! How ignorant is that?!? Ever ask yourself why Obama is referred to as the, "food stamp" president? Research it. Meanwhile, our so-called economic recovery is anemic at best. Ever ask yourself why the Fed is already on QE3? What a joke, embarrassment and danger he is to our great nation.

Arguably, the most favorable attribute of capitalism is the opportunity to become whatever you want to be and the freedom to prosper - to achieve financial independence.

What do you believe is the reason so many people from around the world continue to leave their own country to make a life in the U.S? Hint: it ain't the free shit from our welfare program.

Happy birthday America.

Last edited by Andy H.; 07-04-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Andy H. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #15
AndreyT
Captain
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Aren't you aware they are bankrupt? Take a thorough look at Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain. Where were you in 2011? Do you believe the citizens who were rioting in the streets of Greece, against their government, are "pretty happy"? Why do you think they were rioting against their government?
Er... Not sure what you are trying to say here. USA is a country that by several order of magnitude more bankrupt than any of these European countries. The main difference here is that European countries have laws that prohibit these countries from pretending that "nothing happened" in such situations. European countries have laws that prevent the countries from simply borrowing money from the future generations. European countries have laws that require these countries to take immediate actions, which have an immediate impact on everyday lives of these countries and their citizens. That is why you see all that happening in Europe.

And, of course, the mere fact that these people in Europe have the freedom to protest is a major factor. US regime does not allow any form of freedom besides the populist superficial ones. I can't possible imagine something like that happening in USA, considering that people trapped under the US regime are completely incapable of protesting the regime they were conditioned to depend upon with their very lives. On top of that, people in USA understand perfectly well that if they ever start a protest of such magnitude, they will simply be turned into a bloody mess by a large caliber machine gun, and then paved over. As history shows, US regime is not known to be too "democratic" when things get serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Why do so many people from other countries around the world come to the U.S. when they need healthcare versus getting it from their own countries socialized healthcare programs instead?
Fact check: false. Did you get it from a chain email, by any chance?

USA has pretty good experimental medicine, which sometimes makes people from other countries to come here for one-off sort of medical treatment. But nobody ever comes here for the actual routine healthcare. Quite the opposite: the flow of Americans trying to get healthcare in Canada and Europe is overwhelming, catastrophic, just indescribable. Several years ago it got to the point where it began to massively spill over into Eastern Europe, all the way into Russia, Belarus and Ukraine.

This situation is actually direct evidence of failure of US capitalism: USA has no heathcare system, USA has no education system, and USA is already too bankrupt to even hope that it will eventually put these systems in place. On top of that, USA is just too afraid of failure in case it actually attempts to do so.

USA is a failed state. It can be best compared to an old eagle that never learned to fly. Every day since his childhood that eagle has been coming to the edge of a cliff, hoping that today he'll finally gather enough courage to step over and spread the wings. But every time the sight of sharp rocks down below make him to reconsider and postpone that risky step to the next day. Day, after day, after day... And here we are. Today that eagle is just too old. Everyone clearly understands that he'll never fly. But he just keeps coming to the edge of the cliff. And everyone politely pretends that there's still hope... And maybe, just maybe, there still is? Obama is the first guy in a very very very long time who seems to have the courage and determination to attempt to take this eagle into the air.

Meanwhile, all these "socialist" states are regarded with immeasurably much greater respect and honor than USA can ever hope for the simple reason that at some point in their history they had the courage to try. Some succeeded, some failed. But all of them made that dangerous, yet critical step. USA, on the other hand, so far hasn't managed to get its tail from between its legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other peoples money. Take a moment and think it through.
Exactly. I.e. it is the same problem as with capitalism. The only difference is that socialism does not attempt to sweep it under the carpet and does not attempt to resolve it through crime. Capitalism, on the other hand, doesn't mind dabbing into crime when money become tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Moreover, socialism drains folks of their initiative, drive, motivation and desire to prosper. It prevents them from wanting to achieve and become successful at anything.
Demagogy. Socialism simply restrains the individuals by moral barriers in their path to success. In simple words, socialism is significantly less tolerant to immoral success. Under socialism the winner is not allowed to "take it all" if the path to that all was riddled with crime. That is a significant difference from capitalism, where success requires making quite a few deals with one's conscience. The moral nature of socialism is exactly what the propaganda of rampantly capitalist regimes attempts to paint as "draining folks of their initiative".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Socialism has never ever succeeded since the inception of our planet. Don't believe me? I challenge you to give an example otherwise.
Lol! It is like on the brink of feudalism one tribesman says to another: "Feudalism has never ever succeeded since the inception of our planet. Don't believe me? I challenge you to give an example otherwise."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Conversely, there has never been a more productive and successful form of an economic system that has helped and provided for more people than capitalism.
Same as above

Additionally, the only people who have been really "provided" by capitalism are the people who succumbed to the degrading influence of capitalist regimes to the point where capitalist version of life became sufficient for them. In other words, it requires considerable stretching of the concept of "people" in order to make the victims of capitalist regimes to qualify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Ever wonder why our nation is 17 trillion in debt with a trillion dollar budget deficit? Obama has increased the size of our national debt, since he became president, by more than the total debt of all the presidents before him combined!
Oh, now we are switching from standard-issue star-striped propaganda BS to direct lies. Are you a pathological liar? No, I think you are simply quoting a well-known BS from a chain email. (Basically, we have confirmation for the suspicion I expressed above: all that stuff you have been spewing here is just something you "learned" from chain emails. Right?)

What are you hoping for? Do you think people here are incapable of verifying the facts?

In addition to that it is interesting to take a closer look at the biggest factors that contributed to the increase of US national debt during Bush and Obama presidencies: war in Iraq, war in Afghanistan, Bush-era tax cuts. Everything is clear with the first two, so let's consider the last one - Bush-era tax cuts. Remember the rumors about Obama supposedly planning to end these tax cuts? They were circulated twice, before each Obama's term. The GOP liars were mouthfoaming about "Obama's tax increases" on every corner. And what happened when these rumors proved to be lies (i.e. just more BS manufactured by GOP liars)? The same liars flip-flopped to mouthfoaming about US national debt increases! Simple, huh? That's how these criminals work, folks! Take note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
It is simply disgusting, pathetic and financially irresponsible.
No, what is really disgusting is to see a zealot of the regime posting a well-known and well-debunked propaganda nonsense as his way of celebrating the holiday. This sort of attitude is exactly what earned the USA the dubious honor of being the most disgraced country in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
they voted for him for a second term simply because he had the same color skin! How ignorant is that?!? ... Meanwhile, our so-called economic recovery is anemic at best. ... What do you believe is the reason so many people from around the world continue to leave their own country to make a life in the U.S?...
Well, I'll just lump all that nonsense into one paragraph and pull out one phrase: "How ignorant is that?" How ignorant indeed does one have to be to simply repost here that completely uninspired primitive nonsense one get from poorly manufactured chain emails, prepared and distributed by people who suffer from similar levels of ignorance?

Last edited by AndreyT; 07-05-2013 at 12:46 AM.
AndreyT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #16
i dunno
Lieutenant
 
Drives: a pair of legs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
blah blah blah
so the debt crisis occurred because those countries are socialistic? i feel like there's a lot more to the debt crisis than that. yes greece got into trouble from their debt, but they were also hit especially hard from the global financial crisis during the late 2000s. greece makes a lot of money from tourism and that never recovered for them so their gdp fell considerably. factor in their problem with tax evasion and its not hard to see why they got in trouble. ireland also had a housing bubble burst which hurt their economy as well. you could say the unpredictable trends of capitalism partly contributed to these countries' financial troubles. to conclude that it was solely because of socialist government overspending overlooks the entire picture. there's lots of reasons for why this happened. it really doesn't matter what type of government is in place. the global economy picked its losers, and it unfortunately happened to be them.

speaking of the entire picture, what about the rest of europe? scandinavian countries, germany, austria, switzerland, france all seem to be experiencing economic growth now. with the exception of france, i think all of these countries have a lower unemployment rate than us. noneuropean countries with socialist policies like australia and japan are also doing pretty well too. you kind of have to approach this issue on a case by case basis. even hong kong, one of the holy grails of capitalism, has socialistic policies in terms of things like healthcare. i remember taking my mom to a hospital there and we walked in and walked out with no fuss. the visit also only costed about $13 out the door. i was utterly shocked at how efficient and easy it was. wouldn't you say theyre doing something right if they can provide that level of service while also having no sales tax? is it just by chance that hong kong residents enjoy one of the longest life expectancies in the world? here, i tried to buy my own health insurance after graduating college, and i was rejected due to a preexisting condition. seriously lol. insurance companies have been reducing coverage and raising prices before obama was in office. blame rising premiums on the health care market and their stupid pricing system. the 9% average price increase in 2011 and 4% increase in 2012 would've happened with or without obamacare. http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/...-premiums.aspx here's some tables listing out state and national average premiums since 2004. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there's a consistent upward trend in price year after year before obama.

we like to talk about how our country is a meritocracy, but that simply isn't entirely true. social mobility in the us isn't only about how hard you work. income inequality is widening and you cant write that off as people just being lazy and not working. this isn't just about low income people and welfare either. the middle class is shrinking and wages haven't budged in forever. i mean i know people with science phds who have trouble finding employment. i cant say for sure what the solution is, but we need to deflate our 'murican egos and try to approach this with an open mind. whether government has the influence to command economic trends is debatable, but theres definitely some things we can learn by just looking at how others address their issues.

Last edited by i dunno; 07-06-2013 at 07:52 PM.
i dunno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #17
Andy H.
Banned
 
Andy H.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 401
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Er... Not sure what you are trying to say here. USA is a country that by several order of magnitude more bankrupt than any of these European countries. The main difference here is that European countries have laws that prohibit these countries from pretending that "nothing happened" in such situations. European countries have laws that prevent the countries from simply borrowing money from the future generations. European countries have laws that require these countries to take immediate actions, which have an immediate impact on everyday lives of these countries and their citizens. That is why you see all that happening in Europe.
What a bunch of BS! Do your research on the European Debt Crisis! If one were to believe what you just said then how did these countries get into the debt crisis that they are in? The reason why the people are rioting is because the government has taxed them to the hilt and then subsequently borrowed beyond their ability to pay back their debt obligations because the government has no tax revenue. The citizens are pissed because the government cannot deliver on all the free shit (European Socialism) any longer. Yes, they did borrow against the hope that they could pay their debt obligations from the tax revenue of future generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
And, of course, the mere fact that these people in Europe have the freedom to protest is a major factor. US regime does not allow any form of freedom besides the populist superficial ones. I can't possible imagine something like that happening in USA, considering that people trapped under the US regime are completely incapable of protesting the regime they were conditioned to depend upon with their very lives. On top of that, people in USA understand perfectly well that if they ever start a protest of such magnitude, they will simply be turned into a bloody mess by a large caliber machine gun, and then paved over. As history shows, US regime is not known to be too "democratic" when things get serious.
More unsubstantiated BS! Citizens of the US have the FREEDOM of speech! They can and do protest all the time. Consider the Occupy Wall Street protestors, who gathered in public venues around the nation. They shit, pissed, and littered all over public property, demanded free handouts, intimidated small business owners, etc.

You obviously wouldn’t see the level of rioting in the U.S. as compared to Greece. Greece’s citizens are all on the government, nanny state, gimmie mine, dole. Whereas we are only at about 47% who are relying on the government for everything. It is simply common sense and logical that if our country was 100% on the dole, and the government could no longer provide all the free shit for everyone, you would see the same kind of rioting against the government. Sheesh! Thank God for 53% of hard working Americans who value their freedom, free market economy and financial independence!

Further, the right to bear arms keeps a government in office (like Obama and Holder) from trying to gain total European socialistic control over the peeps. You want to see a riot in the US? It’ll come from the 53% who will ultimately fight to protect their freedom and prevention of a tyrannical government. Why do you think holder wants to ban guns?


Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Fact check: false. Did you get it from a chain email, by any chance? USA has pretty good experimental medicine, which sometimes makes people from other countries to come here for one-off sort of medical treatment. But nobody ever comes here for the actual routine healthcare. Quite the opposite: the flow of Americans trying to get healthcare in Canada and Europe is overwhelming, catastrophic, just indescribable. Several years ago it got to the point where it began to massively spill over into Eastern Europe, all the way into Russia, Belarus and Ukraine.
You are so full of Bullshit!!!! The U.S. has healthcare, globally, second to none. Post your facts otherwise if you dispute it.

The reason folks come to the U.S. for surgery, involved medical procedures, etc, is because European socialism has weakened the healthcare elsewhere. C’mon, think it through. It is the same thing that is happening in the US and will get worse if obamacare goes full force. Aside from sky rocketing healthcare costs since obamacare was passed, physicians are turning away all folks who are on Medicare and Medicaid. It is because the government will not fully reimburse the cost, the physician incurs of providing the healthcare services to this group of folks. Do you really think the physician is going to work for free? Why do you think there is a massive shortage of physicians in America? Why have an abundance of practicing physicians quit, or changed careers? And most of all, what do you think the quality of physicians, who get into the business moving forward will be? This is the very essence of why healthcare in socialized countries offers subpar care. What person, in their right mind, is going to make the personal sacrifice of going to school for 10 or more years to become a physician if the pay isn’t commensurate? In the meantime, what do you think will happen to the quality of healthcare in America as obamacare is fully implemented at the same time there is a huge shortage of physicians to serve the folks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
This situation is actually direct evidence of failure of US capitalism: USA has no heathcare system, USA has no education system, and USA is already too bankrupt to even hope that it will eventually put these systems in place. On top of that, USA is just too afraid of failure in case it actually attempts to do so.
You just continue to spew unsubstantiated BS. Our healthcare system is progressively getting worse because of greater and greater government intrusion. The free market economy would otherwise resolve this issue naturally. If the government didn’t put regulations into place that restricted competition for healthcare providers to each respective state we would otherwise see competition drive costs downward. Companies would become more productive, efficient and offer higher quality as they competed nationally for the consumers business.

Do you really believe the government can do better than the private sector? Why is our government broke? Why is the Post Office billions in debt? Why is FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. profitable? Name any government entity that is not broke that does a better job than the private sector!

I love this. Your ignorance is unbelievable.

Let’s visit Jimmy Carter’s education reform. It is EXACTLY as you stated except you didn’t know it was because of government intrusion did you? Our education system has gotten worse since education reform. Why is that? You should be getting the picture by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
USA is a failed state. It can be best compared to an old eagle that never learned to fly. Every day since his childhood that eagle has been coming to the edge of a cliff, hoping that today he'll finally gather enough courage to step over and spread the wings. But every time the sight of sharp rocks down below make him to reconsider and postpone that risky step to the next day. Day, after day, after day... And here we are. Today that eagle is just too old. Everyone clearly understands that he'll never fly. But he just keeps coming to the edge of the cliff. And everyone politely pretends that there's still hope... And maybe, just maybe, there still is? Obama is the first guy in a very very very long time who seems to have the courage and determination to attempt to take this eagle into the air.
You skirted right past the challenge of offering any form of socialized government that has ever succeeded in the history of mankind. It doesn’t fucking work! It is a fact that you will eventually run out of other people’s money. What the hell is it that you don’t grasp? How many times do you need to be told, and given proof, to simply look at European Debt Crisis? Or any other failed socialized society from History for that matter. Hey, what about Cuba! Oops! Sorry bad example. Instead, you spew some ignorant BS about laws that prevent the government from borrowing against future generations! What a joke!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Meanwhile, all these "socialist" states are regarded with immeasurably much greater respect and honor than USA can ever hope for the simple reason that at some point in their history they had the courage to try. Some succeeded, some failed. But all of them made that dangerous, yet critical step. USA, on the other hand, so far hasn't managed to get its tail from between its legs.
What "immeasurable respect and honor" and by who? Courage to try what? Standing in a bucket and trying to lift yourself up by the handle? Please! You can’t provide for everyone by taxing everyone to the hilt and then borrowing from others forever. At some point you have to pay the lender back. You can’t borrow into perpetuity.

So you want to praise Obama for putting our great country in a debt situation that is ever closer towards financial failure?

What is it about being $17 trillion in debt and running a 1 trillion dollar budget deficit that does not make sense to you? What is your answer as to how this will be paid off? In the meantime, we continue to borrow from China to run our government and all the free shit we give the free loaders because of their growing addiction to the nanny state.

In the meantime, I like how you failed to address my question:

What do you believe is the reason so many people from around the world continue to leave their own country to make a life in the U.S? Hint: it ain't the free shit from our welfare program.

If the U.S. is in such failure, along with your pathetic analogy of the Eagle – or whatever the fuck, and it is so bad then answer the above question?


Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Exactly. I.e. it is the same problem as with capitalism. The only difference is that socialism does not attempt to sweep it under the carpet and does not attempt to resolve it through crime. Capitalism, on the other hand, doesn't mind dabbing into crime when money become tight.
The government does not run out of money under a free market capitalism economy. The economy thrives, the most people are employed and the government tax revenues flows the most productive as result. That is a fact.

Sweep what under the rug? What crime?

The real crime is that under Socialism the Government grows too big and all the elected officials live fat and happy while they have the folks under their thumb.

Look at our current government. Am I wrong? Our government is the biggest it has ever been since the inception of our country. Why is unemployment worse off than when Obama took office? Oh yeah, that’s Bush’s fault! What a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Demagogy. Socialism simply restrains the individuals by moral barriers in their path to success. In simple words, socialism is significantly less tolerant to immoral success. Under socialism the winner is not allowed to "take it all" if the path to that all was riddled with crime. That is a significant difference from capitalism, where success requires making quite a few deals with one's conscience. The moral nature of socialism is exactly what the propaganda of rampantly capitalist regimes attempts to paint as "draining folks of their initiative".
Oh please! The Government is the biggest crook under Socialism and the folks are worse off for it! Look at the facts. It is black and white! $17 trillion in debt, 1 trillion budget deficit. Unemployment is at 8% (double digit if you count all the folks who’ve stopped looking).

As I said before, you will NEVER find a perfect solution where no one is left out. Conversely, nothing provides more for more folks than a free market economy and capitalism. That is a fact.
If it wasn’t you would have been able to offer a better alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Lol! It is like on the brink of feudalism one tribesman says to another: "Feudalism has never ever succeeded since the inception of our planet. Don't believe me? I challenge you to give an example otherwise."
What? Are you going to answer a question with a question? Very weak. Answer the question, AndreyT! C’mon, stop the B.S. and throw it out there!


Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Additionally, the only people who have been really "provided" by capitalism are the people who succumbed to the degrading influence of capitalist regimes to the point where capitalist version of life became sufficient for them. In other words, it requires considerable stretching of the concept of "people" in order to make the victims of capitalist regimes to qualify.
WTF?!?! This is the most useless, unsubstantiated comment yet. You have basically said nothing but a bunch of BS gibberish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Oh, now we are switching from standard-issue star-striped propaganda BS to direct lies. Are you a pathological liar? No, I think you are simply quoting a well-known BS from a chain email. (Basically, we have confirmation for the suspicion I expressed above: all that stuff you have been spewing here is just something you "learned" from chain emails. Right?)
You have a lot of balls out right blasting one as a liar. You continue to show your ignorance of the facts and inability to support your point:

http://usdebtclock.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
What are you hoping for? Do you think people here are incapable of verifying the facts?
I enjoy how you revert to belittling and besmirching me when you cannot opine otherwise. Typical liberal playbook BS.

No. What I am hoping for is that people, who are like-minded as you, will recognize that they are being brainwashed by the lame stream media and liberal government when they read your bullshit and then see both sides of the picture supported by logic, common sense and the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
In addition to that it is interesting to take a closer look at the biggest factors that contributed to the increase of US national debt during Bush and Obama presidencies: war in Iraq, war in Afghanistan, Bush-era tax cuts. Everything is clear with the first two, so let's consider the last one - Bush-era tax cuts. Remember the rumors about Obama supposedly planning to end these tax cuts? They were circulated twice, before each Obama's term. The GOP liars were mouthfoaming about "Obama's tax increases" on every corner. And what happened when these rumors proved to be lies (i.e. just more BS manufactured by GOP liars)? The same liars flip-flopped to mouthfoaming about US national debt increases! Simple, huh? That's how these criminals work, folks! Take note.
Are you really still going to blame Bush? Really? You are actually going to say it is Bush's fault? Wow! Five years later and you are really going to blame Bush?!?!? What a joke. People like you, Obama, Holder, etc. are a examples of a huge part of our nation’s problems. No personal responsibility or accountability for your actions. Just pass the buck and blame someone else, right AudreyT?

Our country is arguably far worse off overall than when Obama started his first term. What is worse is that if he ends his second term, still worse off than when he took office, folks like you will still be blaming Bush. How pathetic. Can’t you come up with a better response than the lame stream liberal talking points? Shouldn’t the president be held accountable for his actions?

BTW, I like how you just glossed over that 1 trillion stimulus he pissed away on all those failed “green companies”. I suppose, from your perspective, this was Bush’s fault too! Or, how about the 100 million dollar trip he just took to Africa? Wouldn’t you think it a priority that our nation, our people, and our economy come first? In essence, we basically borrowed from China to pay for this unneeded trip. And, who do you think is going to pay for it? Think about it from a common sense and logical perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
No, what is really disgusting is to see a zealot of the regime posting a well-known and well-debunked propaganda nonsense as his way of celebrating the holiday. This sort of attitude is exactly what earned the USA the dubious honor of being the most disgraced country in the world.
I don’t know what in the hell you are trying to say here. But you made this comment in reference to my fact that since Obama took office he has increased our national debt to $17 trillion while running our country at a 1 trillion dollar budget deficit with unemployment worse than when he took office all the while the Fed is on QE3 weakening the value of the dollar and the folks are worse off now than when he took office. I said this is simply disgusting, pathetic and financially irresponsible. I added this was an embarrassment and danger to our great nation. Your comment makes ZERO relevance to this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Well, I'll just lump all that nonsense into one paragraph and pull out one phrase: "How ignorant is that?" How ignorant indeed does one have to be to simply repost here that completely uninspired primitive nonsense one get from poorly manufactured chain emails, prepared and distributed by people who suffer from similar levels of ignorance?
Instead of offering another meaningless bullshit response - simply explain why blacks voted for Obama if it wasn’t otherwise because of the color of his skin. It certainly cannot be because they are better off now than before he was elected president. Unemployment among the blacks in the U.S. is at 14%. Look it up.

Last edited by Andy H.; 07-05-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Andy H. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #18
JuuS
Private
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

All major US allies can easily be considered as socialists; Germany, France, Australia, Britain, Canada, Japan - all of which have a national health plan. None of whom will be turning to communism anytime soon.

One big issue in the US is that it's a hotbed for tossing terms around such as communists, socialists, nationalists etc. when the average citizen has been spoonfed the respective definitions in American context only. I've spoken to quite a few folks that argued that Hilter was a left wing nut job just because of the word 'socialist' in the party title.
JuuS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #19
i dunno
Lieutenant
 
Drives: a pair of legs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
For having such similar names, Andy H. and AndreyT represent the absolute polar opposite sides of the spectrum wow

Last edited by i dunno; 07-05-2013 at 07:55 PM.
i dunno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #20
i dunno
Lieutenant
 
Drives: a pair of legs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
What a bunch of BS!
I still feel like the issues that you bring up can't be entirely blamed on the government. The unpredictable ebb and flow of capitalism also contribute to problems like unemployment and high health insurance premiums. There's no magic button to force companies to start hiring.
i dunno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #21
Andy H.
Banned
 
Andy H.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 401
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
I still feel like the issues that you bring up can't be entirely blamed on the government. The unpredictable ebb and flow of capitalism also contribute to problems like unemployment and high health insurance premiums. There's no magic button to force companies to start hiring.
Why is your state billions of dollars in debt? It damn sure isn't because of capitalism. It's because of liberalism. Why does the California state government continue to raise taxes? Why are people leaving your state to live elsewhere? Think about it.
Andy H. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #22
i dunno
Lieutenant
 
Drives: a pair of legs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Why is your state billions of dollars in debt? It damn sure isn't because of capitalism. It's because of liberalism. Why does the California state government continue to raise taxes? Why are people leaving your state to live elsewhere? Think about it.
Did you read my previous post? I tried to explain that the trends of capitalism also contribute to government debt. Yes, my state is billions of dollars in debt, but it's not just as simple as saying oh it's because of liberalism. There's more to our growing debt than just overspending. It's not that simple. California experienced declining state revenue in the late 2000s because of decreases in personal income taxes, corporate taxes, and other taxes due to the bad economy. At the same time, the population continued to increase so there were more people to account for with less money to work with. It was a no win situation. We had a recent budget crisis, but there's currently some restructuring going on with education and social services with the most recent budget. These things are always a work in progress. Right now, state revenues are surpassing expectation so that's a good sign. I don't know why you think people are leaving my state, but population is up according to 2012 census estimates. Housing market is doing great too. If people are dying to leave, why are home prices in my area up 32% from last year? Seems like people are fighting each other to live here. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ltors-say.html

This is just like my example with Greece. They were hit hard by the global economic meltdown, and their tourism industry didn't recover, significantly decreasing their GDP. Factor in their problem with tax evasion, and you have a recipe for disaster. It wasn't just because of socialist government overspending. It was a combination of many global and local factors.

Why don't we also take a look at Texas, which is considered a low tax, low services state. Surely it must be all rainbows and sunshine over there without the evil life sucking California policies. Oh wait, Texas still has state debt just like any other state. I dunno how accurate usdebtclock is, but I'll use it since you referenced it. According to them, Texas has higher debt per citizen than California does ($10803 vs. $10783). Texas also has the same problems with poverty and accessing healthcare too. If the free market is suppose to solve everything, why hasn't it happened? Regardless of tax rate, we all share the same problems.
http://usdebtclock.org/state-debt-cl...ebt-clock.html

So both a high tax state and a low tax state have stupid amounts of debt. There's obviously more to debt than just taxes, services, and spending. I'm not trying to say that capitalism is bad because blah blah blah. You have to realize that issues like this aren't just as simple as blaming a single factor.

Have a piece of humble pie, and take a look around the world without casting generalizations over everything. We could learn a lot by opening our minds to how other countries approach their issues.

Last edited by i dunno; 07-07-2013 at 08:00 PM.
i dunno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST