BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
 
metro44m3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jericho, NY

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Assistance doing a CCC to CIC retrofit in 2008 m3

Hey guys,

I am looking to do a Ccc to cic retrofit in my 2008m3. I was hoping I could find someone in the NYC NJ Long Island or CT area who has either done this retrofit themselves or has experience in this area and would be willing to give me a hand with the hardware install. It is plug and play no wiring and everything has been precoded. I can definitely supply plenty food and brew (as long as the bulk of the beer drinking comes after we do the install) . Please pm me if you would be willing to spare an hour of time and your expertise. Also i can pay you for the install if you do this professionally. Again all the coding was done by the supplier and any post install coding is also done by the supplier so we would just need to install the hardware. It is greatly appreciated!

Jordan

Last edited by metro44m3; 04-17-2013 at 08:57 PM.
metro44m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
05Mdriver
Lieutenant Colonel
 
05Mdriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 414hp Sedan
Join Date: May 2010
Location: pa

Posts: 1,621
iTrader: (52)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
2005 BMW M3  [5.00]
I believe to install the hardware.. the entire dash comes apart, etc. Its pretty involved.. Good luck bud !

Edit - doesnt look too bad and this thread may help -

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8703136
__________________

Last edited by 05Mdriver; 04-18-2013 at 03:35 PM.
05Mdriver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
didithepest
Private
 
didithepest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F10 550IX
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bronx, NY

Posts: 88
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2011 BMW E93  [0.00]
Metro - Whom programed your car for the retro fit?

Well I already have CIC NAV - I just want to upgrade the Combox and 6NR feature.
didithepest is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
 
metro44m3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jericho, NY

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Marius76 did everything for me. Contact him, he is a great guy. He sold me the complete cic retrofit and the programming for 1600$


Quote:
Originally Posted by didithepest View Post
Metro - Whom programed your car for the retro fit?

Well I already have CIC NAV - I just want to upgrade the Combox and 6NR feature.
metro44m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
Johndong888
John
 
Johndong888's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

Posts: 787
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3 View Post
Marius76 did everything for me. Contact him, he is a great guy. He sold me the complete cic retrofit and the programming for 1600$
The CIC install isn't really hard. I believe Marius has a detailed walk through posted somewhere. It will seem extremely overwhelming at first but it really isn't.
__________________

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - BPMTune Stg1, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Lux V3, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Johndong888 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #6
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
 
metro44m3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jericho, NY

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Hey John, thanks for the reply. I am going to give it a shot, but was just hoping to find someone who has done it or knows what they are doing who can Leo out if I get stuck.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
The CIC install isn't really hard. I believe Marius has a detailed walk through posted somewhere. It will seem extremely overwhelming at first but it really isn't.

Last edited by metro44m3; 04-21-2013 at 10:08 AM.
metro44m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
nmehta211
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 274
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3
Marius76 did everything for me. Contact him, he is a great guy. He sold me the complete cic retrofit and the programming for 1600$


Quote:
Originally Posted by didithepest View Post
Metro - Whom programed your car for the retro fit?

Well I already have CIC NAV - I just want to upgrade the Combox and 6NR feature.
Does he have more kits?
__________________

08 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #2--Sold
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #1--Sold
nmehta211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #8
disruptv
Major
 
Drives: 3M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ny

Posts: 1,145
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
09 3m  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3 View Post
Hey John, thanks for the reply. I am going to give it a shot, but was just hoping to find someone who has done it or knows what they are doing who can Leo out if I get stuck.
contact this member: srcstc

he has done quite a few ccc to cic installations from what I hear
disruptv is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #9
AW750Li
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 SSII E90 M3, 2009 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island New York

Posts: 243
iTrader: (1)

is there a detailed DIY with pics? couldnt find one
__________________
AW750Li is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #10
Johndong888
John
 
Johndong888's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

Posts: 787
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3 View Post
Hey John, thanks for the reply. I am going to give it a shot, but was just hoping to find someone who has done it or knows what they are doing who can Leo out if I get stuck.
pmed
__________________

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - BPMTune Stg1, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Lux V3, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Johndong888 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
Johndong888
John
 
Johndong888's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

Posts: 787
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW750Li View Post
is there a detailed DIY with pics? couldnt find one
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780402
__________________

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - BPMTune Stg1, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Lux V3, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Johndong888 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
tma1c
Lieutenant
 
tma1c's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E93 6MT M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: philly

Posts: 567
iTrader: (12)

Send a message via AIM to tma1c
If you want to drive to Philly area. I have a guy that put mine in.
tma1c is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
 
metro44m3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jericho, NY

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

thanks man, i will keep that in mind im only like 90 minutes from philly. how much did he charge you to do it? I dont need it coded just installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tma1c View Post
If you want to drive to Philly area. I have a guy that put mine in.
metro44m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
tma1c
Lieutenant
 
tma1c's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E93 6MT M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: philly

Posts: 567
iTrader: (12)

Send a message via AIM to tma1c
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3 View Post
thanks man, i will keep that in mind im only like 90 minutes from philly. how much did he charge you to do it? I dont need it coded just installed
Was years ago cant remember but ill ask him. I didnt want to get involved in the install. and i added the combox to. So he installed everything from the drawings i provided and we did remote coding through supplier.
tma1c is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
 
metro44m3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jericho, NY

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Yah i would like to find someone to do that for me as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tma1c View Post
Was years ago cant remember but ill ask him. I didnt want to get involved in the install. and i added the combox to. So he installed everything from the drawings i provided and we did remote coding through supplier.
metro44m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
 
metro44m3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jericho, NY

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Yes he does contact Marius76. He has the Combox retrofit as well as the CIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211 View Post
Does he have more kits?
metro44m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
AW750Li
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 SSII E90 M3, 2009 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island New York

Posts: 243
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3 View Post
Yah i would like to find someone to do that for me as well...
what does the combox do and how much did he charge you for the whole kit? also if a navigation kit has europe maps on it would i be able to put north america maps on it? thanks
__________________
AW750Li is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
 
metro44m3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jericho, NY

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW750Li View Post
what does the combox do and how much did he charge you for the whole kit? also if a navigation kit has europe maps on it would i be able to put north america maps on it? thanks
He precodes the system to your vin so it already has all the North American maps . Then once you install the cic system you plug your computer in using the cable he sends you and he will remotely update everything in your car. The combox gives you bmw live which gives you Internet Pandora and a few other things but that's why I'm most interested in it. I paid 1600 for the cic system, new screen and controller and then 450 for the combox.
metro44m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #19
AW750Li
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 SSII E90 M3, 2009 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island New York

Posts: 243
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3 View Post
He precodes the system to your vin so it already has all the North American maps . Then once you install the cic system you plug your computer in using the cable he sends you and he will remotely update everything in your car. The combox gives you bmw live which gives you Internet Pandora and a few other things but that's why I'm most interested in it. I paid 1600 for the cic system, new screen and controller and then 450 for the combox.
Does the 1600 include all the cables and the usb plug and what not?
__________________
AW750Li is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #20
metro44m3
Second Lieutenant
 
metro44m3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jericho, NY

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

It includes a new screen the cic system, a new controller the USB plug and all the cables as well as the emulator which is plug and play. The only thing you need to do is buy a new trim for the center console which costs 288 from tischer. You need the new center console because the new controller is a different shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW750Li View Post
Does the 1600 include all the cables and the usb plug and what not?
metro44m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #21
AW750Li
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 SSII E90 M3, 2009 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island New York

Posts: 243
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro44m3 View Post
It includes a new screen the cic system, a new controller the USB plug and all the cables as well as the emulator which is plug and play. The only thing you need to do is buy a new trim for the center console which costs 288 from tischer. You need the new center console because the new controller is a different shape.
Ok cool thank you. BTW is the guy you purchased from local?
__________________
AW750Li is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #22
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by didithepest View Post
Metro - Whom programed your car for the retro fit?

Well I already have CIC NAV - I just want to upgrade the Combox and 6NR feature.
The SmartTV module we offer will provide DVDinMotion and NAV activation in lieu of programming.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST