BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #89
BuckRodgers
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

A stock C63 AMG with a proper tune alone can net close to 500 whp. Based on the info posted here adding a stage 3 Weistec supercharger @ 11 psi with race fuel and an ice tank will get the owner another 160 whp over a simple tune. Does this setup make good power? sure but we can debate if it is living up to the potential the motor has with that much boost. I believe it should be making at least 700+ whp with that configuration so we can agree to disagree.
BuckRodgers is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #90
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,425
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
Drew, have you run any other Weistec stage 3's besides Jim's? If so whose was it? I would have thought the outcome would have been the same, Jim is running the standard Weistec Stage 3 with no funny business. He is running MBH longtubes with cat delete on a pump gas tune and ran Shell URT this weekend. Car was dyno'd with that fuel as well. Maybe the cat delete is the difference on any stage 3 car you may have raced in the past???? I would have absolutely no reason to lie about the set-up.

On a funnier note, Joseph is going bonkers over there on his site, he made it so Jim can not post and is flaming Jim and I left and right LOL
Not yet, just ran Josh's Stage 2, almost a year ago, he was at 608whp and I was at 644whp STD at the time, same dyno only days apart -



Rich, I don't think anyone's lying or funny business is going on, Jim's car was faster that day period, just pointing out some #'s, etc. that IMHO are impressive from Weistec setups. As far as Famoso, I'd easily get taken out by Jim's car and I'd need to get a line lock setup to get a decent 60'.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #91
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,425
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
No words for this pic by my buddy Alex Murtaza - BOTH cars are INCREDIBLE.

__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #92
=[monkey]=
First Lieutenant
 
=[monkey]='s Avatar
 
Drives: sc m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston

Posts: 356
iTrader: (4)

Awesome pix!
=[monkey]= is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #93
0-60Motorsports
Major
 
0-60Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kingdom of Bahrain

Posts: 1,274
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to 0-60Motorsports Send a message via MSN to 0-60Motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60Motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
No words for this pic by my buddy Alex Murtaza - BOTH cars are INCREDIBLE.

Amazing pic. Love both these crazy cars.
__________________
Current Mods: GC Coilovers, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SuperSprint V1 Headers + Catless S-pipes + Res Sec 2 + Race Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OME CSL Steering, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, EVOLVE Alpha-N, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ....
0-60Motorsports is offline   Bahrain
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #94
NikB316
Lieutenant
 
NikB316's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somerset County, New Jersey

Posts: 596
iTrader: (4)

Not yet. Been stupid busy just closed on a couple gas stations last week. Didn't buy my Vbox sport yet either. izzy offered to lend me his, might have to take him up on the offer. Lets see how this week goes at the stations...maybe I'll treat myself lol!

GoPro coming in today though . Will have some nice highway vids soon

I still haven't been in a VT3 yet. Looking forward to it. I know my car is quick but I can only imagine what that added power feels like!





Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
Were you able to get in some
60-130 runs in ?
__________________

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
NikB316 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #95
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr
Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
I'm simply saying HP per liter doesn't make sense ... That's all , I would think/expect it would put down more power.
Ask any decent tuner they will say the same.
I do no think the big 6.2 L Benz motor revs quite as high as your S65's do, that could be part of it. What does Drew's car weigh in at? Jim C BS is a tad over 4100 pound with him in it. I really can not explain it either but his car is making 667whp. Drew met us, I am sure he will tell you we are straight shooters. We were not hustling for a money race we just wanted to run the baddest E92 on the planet to see how the two stacked up. Domestic guys have their Ford vs Chevy grudge matches and I guess us Euro guys have our AMG vs M Power rivalry. Jim is a fair guy, he already posted on another forum that he believes the race would have been closer had it been a 1/4 mile and offered Drew a rematch on a quarter mile. Drew felt his car was not running totally up to par and Jim will gladly run him again. I believe Jim is doing a private rental at Famoso in a few weeks, as soon as I get the exact dates I or Jim will let Drew know if he wants to come out and take another stab at the Benz. jim and I live in chicago so the cars will be getting shipped back here right after the 1/4 mile event so if there is going to be a rematch it will have to be in the next few weeks.
"I'll make this as simple as possible to understand.
C63: Supercharged, race gassed, ice-packed, and still only making 105 whp per liter.
M3: Supercharged, race gassed and making 165 whp per liter.

Props to jrcart for a nice ride. But dont fool yourself to thinking those are impressive numbers. Rpm limit has nothing to do with whp per liter. Not sure why you mentioned it."
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #96
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
 
partlowr's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Naperville, IL

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Amazing photo! Need to photoshop out the GoPro's on Jim C BS
partlowr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #97
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
 
partlowr's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Naperville, IL

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Not yet, just ran Josh's Stage 2, almost a year ago, he was at 608whp and I was at 644whp STD at the time, same dyno only days apart -



Rich, I don't think anyone's lying or funny business is going on, Jim's car was faster that day period, just pointing out some #'s, etc. that IMHO are impressive from Weistec setups. As far as Famoso, I'd easily get taken out by Jim's car and I'd need to get a line lock setup to get a decent 60'.
Why are you so sure Jim would get you in the 1/4? He did not start pulling you hard until the back half of the 1/2 mile run, watch the video, it was pretty darn close at the half way point, he was ahead but not by much.
partlowr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #98
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,425
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
Why are you so sure Jim would get you in the 1/4? He did not start pulling you hard until the back half of the 1/2 mile run, watch the video, it was pretty darn close at the half way point, he was ahead but not by much.
Good points, what's weird is that is usually where I should pull away against other cars up top, his car shined up there, I'll see what I can do to make it and maybe bring some of the shift-s3ctor crew. You going?
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #99
MisterEm
Private First Class
 
Drives: beater
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: no bueno

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
Why are you so sure Jim would get you in the 1/4? He did not start pulling you hard until the back half of the 1/2 mile run, watch the video, it was pretty darn close at the half way point, he was ahead but not by much.
That is what I was saying a few days ago. You launch the M3 well and its anybody's race in the 1320'. More room to make up for errors in the 1/2
__________________
'02 M3 Topaz/Cinnamon CSL Box, Lid, & Roof, SSV1's, Morr VS8.2's, TTFS tune 322/249 SAE on 91 (stock head/cams) - Ported head, 288/280 cams coming soon.
'11 X5d Jet Black/Oyster Sport Activity, Technology, 214's, Tow Package, TTFS Diesel Tune (coming soon)
MisterEm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #100
Weistec
Registered
 
Drives: One Fast Mercedes!!
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
"I'll make this as simple as possible to understand.
C63: Supercharged, race gassed, ice-packed, and still only making 105 whp per liter.
M3: Supercharged, race gassed and making 165 whp per liter.

Props to jrcart for a nice ride. But dont fool yourself to thinking those are impressive numbers. Rpm limit has nothing to do with whp per liter. Not sure why you mentioned it."
Just thought it would be worth making a comment about your comment. HP is derived from RPM. The more RPM the more HP.

With that being said, our systems are very reliable and we are happy with the power we safely make. I think you might want to see or even better drive a Weistec powered car to understand how they truly feel. They are a blast to drive, and make great torque and horsepower at all RPM levels.

As far as power numbers, (All on Dynojet)

Stage 1 520-530 Wheel HP
Stage 2 550-570 Wheel HP
Stage 3 620-630 Wheel HP

All numbers on pump gas. Adding some race gas will bump these numbers up a bit. In the end this is a very simple bolt on solution that has made it possible for AMG owners to actually know they can easily run 10's down the strip and drive the car daily on the street without completely gutting the car. Hope this helps.

Weistec Engineering
Weistec is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #101
IMG
VT3
 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Couch

Posts: 6,974
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weistec View Post
Just thought it would be worth making a comment about your comment. HP is derived from RPM. The more RPM the more HP.

With that being said, our systems are very reliable and we are happy with the power we safely make. I think you might want to see or even better drive a Weistec powered car to understand how they truly feel. They are a blast to drive, and make great torque and horsepower at all RPM levels.

As far as power numbers, (All on Dynojet)

Stage 1 520-530 Wheel HP
Stage 2 550-570 Wheel HP
Stage 3 620-630 Wheel HP

All numbers on pump gas. Adding some race gas will bump these numbers up a bit. In the end this is a very simple bolt on solution that has made it possible for AMG owners to actually know they can easily run 10's down the strip and drive the car daily on the street without completely gutting the car. Hope this helps.

Weistec Engineering
C63 is a monster bone stock,Can't imagine it with a blower.sounds def meaner and hits like a sledge hammer.
Good work guys !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
IMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #102
Ohh_5H1T
Captain
 
Ohh_5H1T's Avatar
 
Drives: Backwards
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Yonkers, NY

Posts: 720
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uiop View Post
Because racecar
__________________
Ohh_5H1T is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #103
Onurleft
Captain
 
Onurleft's Avatar
 
Drives: RPM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Baton Rouge and Atlanta

Posts: 862
iTrader: (0)

Awesome work Drew, thanks for posting the link in the other thread.

Can't wait to see the car running proper AFR's and a smaller pulley at the next event. It wouldn't be racing if there were not issues with some cars!
__________________
Onurleft is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #104
vladberca
Brigadier General
 
vladberca's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

Posts: 3,547
iTrader: (0)

I think that tuning/ upgrading the new M3 will be much easier.
Impressive numbers all the way by both cars!
vladberca is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2013, 05:08 AM   #105
Soorena
Captain
 
Drives: M3 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paris

Posts: 825
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weistec View Post
Just thought it would be worth making a comment about your comment. HP is derived from RPM. The more RPM the more HP.

With that being said, our systems are very reliable and we are happy with the power we safely make. I think you might want to see or even better drive a Weistec powered car to understand how they truly feel. They are a blast to drive, and make great torque and horsepower at all RPM levels.

As far as power numbers, (All on Dynojet)

Stage 1 520-530 Wheel HP
Stage 2 550-570 Wheel HP
Stage 3 620-630 Wheel HP

All numbers on pump gas. Adding some race gas will bump these numbers up a bit. In the end this is a very simple bolt on solution that has made it possible for AMG owners to actually know they can easily run 10's down the strip and drive the car daily on the street without completely gutting the car. Hope this helps.

Weistec Engineering
True.

Great products Weistec makes BTW. Do you have any plans for offering something for BMW's in future?
Soorena is offline   Iran
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2013, 05:14 AM   #106
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
 
NELSON.MLGB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary,AB

Posts: 652
iTrader: (3)

M3 is NOT MADE FOR DRAG RACES...
NELSON.MLGB is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #107
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
 
partlowr's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Naperville, IL

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELSON.MLGB View Post
M3 is NOT MADE FOR DRAG RACES...
I have news for you, not taking anything away from Drew's awesome car but Drew's car or any other road going E92 would get beat much worse on a road course so do not even start up on this argument. Stock for stock the Black Series is faster and JRCARTs C Black Series was specifically built for road racing, he has carbon ceramic brakes being installed this week, road racing KW coilover suspension, Pilot Cup tires and $5,000 in just road race cooling mods above and beyond the already significant Black Series factory cooling system. JRCART would absolutely love to run Drew's car on a road course. Even with the same driver behind the wheel of both cars I would predict the Black series lapping over 2. 50 seconds a lap faster at Willow.

Last edited by partlowr; 04-14-2013 at 10:47 AM.
partlowr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2013, 04:13 AM   #108
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
 
NELSON.MLGB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary,AB

Posts: 652
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
I have news for you, not taking anything away from Drew's awesome car but Drew's car or any other road going E92 would get beat much worse on a road course so do not even start up on this argument. Stock for stock the Black Series is faster and JRCARTs C Black Series was specifically built for road racing, he has carbon ceramic brakes being installed this week, road racing KW coilover suspension, Pilot Cup tires and $5,000 in just road race cooling mods above and beyond the already significant Black Series factory cooling system. JRCART would absolutely love to run Drew's car on a road course. Even with the same driver behind the wheel of both cars I would predict the Black series lapping over 2. 50 seconds a lap faster at Willow.
What the heck? Everyone knows BS C63 is faster than a M3. They are not even the same class. What are you trying to say dude?
NELSON.MLGB is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #109
M3PO
Colonel
 
M3PO's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 IB E92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: OC

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (6)

Too bad is BS is fugly. Looks like an Accord Coupe with Pep Boys trinkets on it.
__________________
2008 IB E92 M3| BBS | KW | Arkym | Platte Forme A.G. | Active Autowerke | K&N | Fabspeed | Dinan | Evolve-R
M3PO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST