BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #89
manolooo
Private First Class
 
Drives: '09 E92 xdrive
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Neutral Zone

Posts: 108
iTrader: (0)

Classic!! That looks incredible I need a project car in my life.....
manolooo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #90
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ, Right outside of NYC

Posts: 4,158
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ///M3 RD View Post
Great job

PS. I can appreciate what effort and work went into this my first ever e28 1987 535is is still with us (at the time of purchase in 1987 was one step below the then ///M5) and we are maintaining her as much as we can. She's got new front fenders, new bumpers and a complete original paint job since some one in Toronto keyed the car in 2000 all around including the hood and trunk ... she will always be with us

I am a sucker for a well kept E28 Mr.///M3 She looks fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPig View Post
That's actually a decent price for what looks to be an amazing piece. Does he have a site?

The engine is probably the only part of the car the PO took decent care of. When I got her last year I had to patch 5 holes in the rockers and another hole in the passenger A-pillar. The floors were previously patched (thank god, that would've been a nightmare). The passenger fender was gone and the paint/clear coat was peeling. I also blew 2 brake hardlines last year. I got most of the kinks out of her right now and am slowly getting her back into shape.

Thankfully my gf is supportive enough to not get in my way (also she doesn't know the overall price tag). She knows I want to be burried in this car
He doesn't have a website as far as I know, and he deals mainly on ebay. I'll dig up the details and send them over to you. Like any well done piece for an E30, it takes a little time to get, and he is a bit slow responding to emails but the finished product is truly worth it. Its a shame you are all the way up in Canada as I'd have you come feel it for yourself in person.

Its amazing where you find rust on these cars. The only spots we found some initial rust were the Licence Plate Lamps, The rear Diving board mounting holes, and the Battery vent in the trunk. We cut it all out and refinished to ensure no further spread. I also switched a whole front drivers side fender which was had the beginning of what could be considered a problem, as I didn't want to risk it spreading under the new paint job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad325i View Post
Very nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP Performance View Post
Perfect! Don't change a thing.

That interior is amazing. I love the details.
Thanks
__________________

Your Home For Premium BMW Aftermarket Parts
www.gtbperformance.com | sales@gtbperformance.com | Facebook | 973 429 2839
Rich@GTBPerformance is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #91
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
 
The_Bear_Yid's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 325i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kent

Posts: 913
iTrader: (1)

Lovely. Love seeing older cars well done with a newer more powerful engine.
The_Bear_Yid is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #92
MrPig
Major
 
MrPig's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335d M-Sport, '90 325iS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 1,143
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@GTBPerformance View Post
Its amazing where you find rust on these cars. The only spots we found some initial rust were the Licence Plate Lamps, The rear Diving board mounting holes, and the Battery vent in the trunk. We cut it all out and refinished to ensure no further spread. I also switched a whole front drivers side fender which was had the beginning of what could be considered a problem, as I didn't want to risk it spreading under the new paint job.
Appreciate it.

I know your pain regarding the license plate lights rust. I'm noticing it under one of mine and it annoys me to no end since I just had her resprayed last year. I need to figure out a way to prevent it from spreading without it running up the cost
__________________
MrPig is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #93
PUG-N-BEEM GUY
Private
 
PUG-N-BEEM GUY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328I sedan
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: bakersfield Ca

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

WOW what a gorgeous machine! I love the bbs wheels! Is the interior leather and alcantera? The execution of restoration is, well it looks as though it was just bought new! what other BMW's or non BMW's do u own?
__________________
Daily driver: 2010 E90 328. 1988 Peugeot 505 Turbo 5 speed stick.
PUG-N-BEEM GUY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #94
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,282
iTrader: (11)

What a beautiful restoration. I've got an E30 vert myself: AW on beige, 5MT. It hasn't been driven in nearly 2 almost 3 years, just collecting dust in the garage. This just motivated me to start working on it, just haven't had the time or cashflow since I've been concentrating on the V8 M3 and the DD (97 4Runner).

My plans are to get the M20 running properly (I can see an S50 in there eventually), redo the entire suspension and get a drop while I'm in there, basketweaves, M3 steering wheel. Would also love to redo the interior and dye it Imola red.

I'm iffy about my diving boards. I know why people hate it so much, but I've almost gotten used to it. A few more things on the M3 (TP's, stage 2 tune, FL taillights, diffuser) and fix AC on 4Runner, then I'm definitely going to have to start the E30 project. I've debated selling her MANY times, but it's threads like this that makes me glad I haven't.

Thanks for sharing!
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #95
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ, Right outside of NYC

Posts: 4,158
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bear_Yid View Post
Lovely. Love seeing older cars well done with a newer more powerful engine.
Its an absolute hoot to drive with the S52. I am thinking my next project will be an E30 M3 with an E36 S50 Euro Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPig View Post
Appreciate it.

I know your pain regarding the license plate lights rust. I'm noticing it under one of mine and it annoys me to no end since I just had her resprayed last year. I need to figure out a way to prevent it from spreading without it running up the cost
Seal it in a humidity and temperature controlled bubble... in California.

Anywhere that has even a hint of salt on the roads, you have to be uber diligent and catch the little bastards before it becomes full blown rust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboy328 View Post
WOW what a gorgeous machine! I love the bbs wheels! Is the interior leather and alcantera? The execution of restoration is, well it looks as though it was just bought new! what other BMW's or non BMW's do u own?
Yes sir, its a Nappa leather with Suede done by Justin over at Euro Interiors in CT. He mainly does Ferrari and Aston Martins, but we were able to steal this from him

Previously I had a 2010 E90 335i Sedan, and right now I have Kylie and a 2001 540i Touring in Topaz Blue/Titan Grey. My wife has a 2008 GTI also. I'm looking to switch the Wagon over to an E61 535i xDrive eventually, and maybe get my hands on an E60 M5 for a fun car... although my wife has different plans for that money. Something about a house?
__________________

Your Home For Premium BMW Aftermarket Parts
www.gtbperformance.com | sales@gtbperformance.com | Facebook | 973 429 2839
Rich@GTBPerformance is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #96
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ, Right outside of NYC

Posts: 4,158
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
What a beautiful restoration. I've got an E30 vert myself: AW on beige, 5MT. It hasn't been driven in nearly 2 almost 3 years, just collecting dust in the garage. This just motivated me to start working on it, just haven't had the time or cashflow since I've been concentrating on the V8 M3 and the DD (97 4Runner).

My plans are to get the M20 running properly (I can see an S50 in there eventually), redo the entire suspension and get a drop while I'm in there, basketweaves, M3 steering wheel. Would also love to redo the interior and dye it Imola red.

I'm iffy about my diving boards. I know why people hate it so much, but I've almost gotten used to it. A few more things on the M3 (TP's, stage 2 tune, FL taillights, diffuser) and fix AC on 4Runner, then I'm definitely going to have to start the E30 project. I've debated selling her MANY times, but it's threads like this that makes me glad I haven't.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for coming and offering your support! I'm glad I can help reignite the spark of a fellow E30 lover

She is definitely a cash sink for sure. Not as bad as a boat, from what I've heard though!

Personally, the diving boards are not for me but they can look great on the right car for sure. My friend Andrew has an 88 E30 which has the crossover style bumpers (Diving boards, but with the late model valance). He did a black powdercoat on them and drilled the pistons so the bumpers retracted and it is a pretty damn awesome look (See below)



One thing I would suggest that makes an absolutely brilliant difference to the handling of any E30 : The E36 3 Series Steering rack. Changes the ratio and makes the car that much more precise, the feel that much better. Its a relatively cheap modification and will make you fall in love with the car all over again.
__________________

Your Home For Premium BMW Aftermarket Parts
www.gtbperformance.com | sales@gtbperformance.com | Facebook | 973 429 2839
Rich@GTBPerformance is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #97
westphone
Lieutenant
 
westphone's Avatar
 
Drives: M135i MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 433
iTrader: (0)

I quite love this car E30 325i, direct feeling.
Attached Images
  
westphone is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #98
sunmans
Private
 
Drives: E36 1997 320i / E90 2008 320 M
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Japan

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to sunmans
Wow! What a beautiful machine! Impressive!!
sunmans is offline   Japan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #99
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,282
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@GTBPerformance View Post
Thanks for coming and offering your support! I'm glad I can help reignite the spark of a fellow E30 lover

She is definitely a cash sink for sure. Not as bad as a boat, from what I've heard though!

Personally, the diving boards are not for me but they can look great on the right car for sure. My friend Andrew has an 88 E30 which has the crossover style bumpers (Diving boards, but with the late model valance). He did a black powdercoat on them and drilled the pistons so the bumpers retracted and it is a pretty damn awesome look (See below)



One thing I would suggest that makes an absolutely brilliant difference to the handling of any E30 : The E36 3 Series Steering rack. Changes the ratio and makes the car that much more precise, the feel that much better. Its a relatively cheap modification and will make you fall in love with the car all over again.
Have to say, that's probably one of the best DB tucks I've seen yet. Looks great. Yea we'll see what happens, at this point, I'd be happy just to have her back on the road. I've heard of the E36 steering rack swap too. At this point, the car is just for cruising, so I don't mind so much that it handles like a boat haha. All in due time I guess. Just want to finish the M3 first!

Any information on what suspension setup you are on? I plan on just doing a simple H&R vert specific springs and KONI's for a mild drop.

Here's mine btw (unfortunately not the M3!). That was the last time I really had a chance to drive her, and that was to Tail of the Dragon. Probably back in Fall 2010.


Obviously nothing like your car Rich, but still has earned it's place collecting dust in my garage
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #100
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
 
The_Bear_Yid's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 325i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kent

Posts: 913
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@GTBPerformance View Post
Its an absolute hoot to drive with the S52. I am thinking my next project will be an E30 M3 with an E36 S50 Euro Motor
Wow, can't wait for that.
The_Bear_Yid is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #101
BMWags
New Member
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@GTBPerformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by dootlah View Post
Nice. That's the way to go. Fellow e30post.com owner checking in.techblaze.
Sweet!

You'll like this too : She has heat and working, cold ass air conditioning too
Awesome man. My fav car was my E30 with a tuned M50 and mtech 2 kit. But I never had A/C! Bonus!
BMWags is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #102
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ, Right outside of NYC

Posts: 4,158
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Have to say, that's probably one of the best DB tucks I've seen yet. Looks great. Yea we'll see what happens, at this point, I'd be happy just to have her back on the road. I've heard of the E36 steering rack swap too. At this point, the car is just for cruising, so I don't mind so much that it handles like a boat haha. All in due time I guess. Just want to finish the M3 first!

Any information on what suspension setup you are on? I plan on just doing a simple H&R vert specific springs and KONI's for a mild drop.

Here's mine btw (unfortunately not the M3!). That was the last time I really had a chance to drive her, and that was to Tail of the Dragon. Probably back in Fall 2010.


Obviously nothing like your car Rich, but still has earned it's place collecting dust in my garage
She's still a looker! Its 72 degrees here in Jersey today and that is perfect Vert weather! I'd love to get down to the Dragon, but running this place sucks up my time.

I'm running H&R Sports, Bilstein Sports, Ireland Engineering Adjustable Swaybars (25mm Front, 22mm Rear), E90 Drop Hats, Front Strut Bar. Nothing too crazy but low enough where I need a Race Skid plate to keep from hitting the oilpan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWags View Post
Awesome man. My fav car was my E30 with a tuned M50 and mtech 2 kit. But I never had A/C! Bonus!
AC FTW!
__________________

Your Home For Premium BMW Aftermarket Parts
www.gtbperformance.com | sales@gtbperformance.com | Facebook | 973 429 2839
Rich@GTBPerformance is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #103
m3 guy
Major
 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 1,223
iTrader: (3)



So sick! My Dad has had his 1985 e30 325e since 1986. Going to have to show him this build. Great job!
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal

Last edited by m3 guy; 04-08-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: mixed up years lol
m3 guy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #104
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ, Right outside of NYC

Posts: 4,158
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post


So sick! My Dad has had his 1986 e30 325e since 1985. Going to have to show him this build. Great job!
Cheers! Long live the mighty 325e!
__________________

Your Home For Premium BMW Aftermarket Parts
www.gtbperformance.com | sales@gtbperformance.com | Facebook | 973 429 2839
Rich@GTBPerformance is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #105
petapotamus
New Member
 
petapotamus's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 2009 128i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Filthadelphia

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

An excellent example of a true drivers car. Let the purists have their concours.. Ill take a car you can drive over a trailer queen any day.
__________________
'09 E82 Space Gray 128i - N51 - BMW Performance SSK
petapotamus is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #106
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ, Right outside of NYC

Posts: 4,158
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petapotamus View Post
An excellent example of a true drivers car. Let the purists have their concours.. Ill take a car you can drive over a trailer queen any day.




As Guten Parts says

__________________

Your Home For Premium BMW Aftermarket Parts
www.gtbperformance.com | sales@gtbperformance.com | Facebook | 973 429 2839
Rich@GTBPerformance is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #107
Ridonculous
1 Addict
 
Ridonculous's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Awsome build man! You just inspired me to keep showing my e30 some love.

If you dont mind me asking, what's the ballpark figure for the S52 swap, parts and labor?

My M20 has 250k+ miles on it and a S52 swap is probably a better investment than rebuilding the M20.
Ridonculous is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #108
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ, Right outside of NYC

Posts: 4,158
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridonculous View Post
Awsome build man! You just inspired me to keep showing my e30 some love.

If you dont mind me asking, what's the ballpark figure for the S52 swap, parts and labor?

My M20 has 250k+ miles on it and a S52 swap is probably a better investment than rebuilding the M20.
Was able to get the Motor + Accessories for around $2000 from a wrecked Estoril Blue E36. Transmission I can't recall how much I paid for it, but it is a Getrag 260 from the M20. Swap fee at GPS was about $2500. There are also a lot of additional bits we needed, such as AKG engine mounts, an E34 oil pan just to name a few for the swap to be successful. I'd say probably north of $6000 for all the engine goodies including swap fee when all said and done.. and that's without looking at my spreadsheet.
__________________

Your Home For Premium BMW Aftermarket Parts
www.gtbperformance.com | sales@gtbperformance.com | Facebook | 973 429 2839
Rich@GTBPerformance is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #109
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,282
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@GTBPerformance View Post
Was able to get the Motor + Accessories for around $2000 from a wrecked Estoril Blue E36. Transmission I can't recall how much I paid for it, but it is a Getrag 260 from the M20. Swap fee at GPS was about $2500. There are also a lot of additional bits we needed, such as AKG engine mounts, an E34 oil pan just to name a few for the swap to be successful. I'd say probably north of $6000 for all the engine goodies including swap fee when all said and done.. and that's without looking at my spreadsheet.
Haha you see, that's why my E30 will have the M20 for a while (not a big fan of that engine to be honest). Shelling out $6k on a car I already overpaid for, while the M3 is begging for MORE mods is not an option at the moment. Not to mention $6k and I'd still be rolling on bottlecaps

Just out of curiosity, would that total price go down significantly if it was an S50 instead?
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #110
EdM5
Major
 
EdM5's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

Posts: 1,385
iTrader: (0)

She's perfect
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2006 e92 335d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.)
2009 e70 X5 35d & 2014 f10 M5 CP
EdM5 is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST