BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
 
johngrossi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i e82
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Illinois

Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)

FS Movado Serio Stainless

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded and I don't find myself wearing this watch anymore so I figured i would offer it up for sale to you guys.

It is a Movado Serio stainless band with black face. Only worn occasionaly for ~4 months. Includes extra links and box. Wear is very minimal.

I paid approx $850 new. I would like to see about $500 out of it but price is negotiable.

I can provide pictures upon request.

Thanks!
__________________
PE exhaust, tints...more to come
johngrossi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #2
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
 
johngrossi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i e82
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Illinois

Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)

TTT Willing to work with price
__________________
PE exhaust, tints...more to come
johngrossi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
GarlicBread
Brigadier General
 
GarlicBread's Avatar
 
Drives: 328xi iDrive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

Posts: 191
iTrader: (0)

still for sale any pics?
GarlicBread is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
 
johngrossi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i e82
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Illinois

Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicBread
still for sale any pics?
Yes it is! I will pm
__________________
PE exhaust, tints...more to come
johngrossi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #5
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngrossi View Post
Hello all,

I have recently upgraded and I don't find myself wearing this watch anymore so I figured i would offer it up for sale to you guys.

It is a Movado Serio stainless band with black face. Only worn occasionaly for ~4 months. Includes extra links and box. Wear is very minimal.

I paid approx $850 new. I would like to see about $500 out of it but price is negotiable.

I can provide pictures upon request.

Thanks!

Sorry to see you are selling it. Serio is a really beautiful watch and Movado is hard to beat -- on price, versatility, timelessness of the look, or long term wear-ability -- at that which they do: modern interpretations of classic looks. All the same, GLWS.

I have a Movado Eliro. (The older version shown below as opposed to the newer version that has a slight curve to the sides.)


I have to say I was ticked to no end when the crystal came off of it. I had it repaired ($300) and it's about 15 years old at this point.

Even after getting it back from the shop, I wasn't of a mind to wear it just because it had made me angry. So, it sat in my watch box for years after it had been repaired, so long in fact that the fresh battery that it came back with died. Then I picked it up one day and just put it on again on a whim and just to wear something I'd not worn for a long time.

Turns out I love the look of the thing just as much now as when I bought it. It's once again become one of my favorite "on the DL" watches to wear. It's got enough "ooh ah" for non-watchies to say "nice watch" from time to time, and it never feels dated or like too much or too little.

I understand that not everyone wants to keep every watch they buy, so again, GLW.

All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #6
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
 
johngrossi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i e82
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Illinois

Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Sorry to see you are selling it. Serio is a really beautiful watch and Movado is hard to beat -- on price, versatility, timelessness of the look, or long term wear-ability -- at that which they do: modern interpretations of classic looks. All the same, GLWS.

I have a Movado Eliro. (The older version shown below as opposed to the newer version that has a slight curve to the sides.)


I have to say I was ticked to no end when the crystal came off of it. I had it repaired ($300) and it's about 15 years old at this point.

Even after getting it back from the shop, I wasn't of a mind to wear it just because it had made me angry. So, it sat in my watch box for years after it had been repaired, so long in fact that the fresh battery that it came back with died. Then I picked it up one day and just put it on again on a whim and just to wear something I'd not worn for a long time.

Turns out I love the look of the thing just as much now as when I bought it. It's once again become one of my favorite "on the DL" watches to wear. It's got enough "ooh ah" for non-watchies to say "nice watch" from time to time, and it never feels dated or like too much or too little.

I understand that not everyone wants to keep every watch they buy, so again, GLW.

All the best.
Thanks, I've since purchased a Movado Sapphire stainless/black and I love it. Just not a huge watchie and I'd rather have it get some wrist time (pun intended) than be sitting in the box for all its life.

I like that watch you have, definitely doesn't look dated one bit!
__________________
PE exhaust, tints...more to come
johngrossi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #7
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngrossi View Post
Thanks, I've since purchased a Movado Sapphire stainless/black and I love it. Just not a huge watchie and I'd rather have it get some wrist time (pun intended) than be sitting in the box for all its life.

I like that watch you have, definitely doesn't look dated one bit!
Red: True that. The Sapphire is handsome as well.

Blue: Thank you.

All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #8
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
 
johngrossi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i e82
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Illinois

Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)

Still available! TTT

Price lowered
__________________
PE exhaust, tints...more to come
johngrossi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
 
johngrossi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i e82
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Illinois

Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)

Bump

Looking for less than $400!
__________________
PE exhaust, tints...more to come
johngrossi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #10
MonsterX5
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E70 alpine white Bmw
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Could you email pix? Mcalayag@gmail
MonsterX5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST