BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
0_to_60
First Lieutenant
 
0_to_60's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: LA, CA

Posts: 350
iTrader: (0)

Used E92 m3 white 41k miles for $40k Should i wait or rush? Need advice

.

Last edited by 0_to_60; 04-30-2014 at 11:29 PM.
0_to_60 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
bsmack
Private First Class
 
bsmack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 132
iTrader: (2)

I think this is a pretty decent deal! If you're not comfortable with the way the paperwork is being handled I wouldn't go through with it. Have you looked into escrow services? If bmw financial services are willing to do that it might be the safest way. Basically the way it works is the car and money are given to the escrow service and neither the money nor car are released until all paperwork is finalized. Hope this helps.
bsmack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Sully1Time
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09' Alpine White M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 200
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraculaM3 View Post
Hey guys, so this guy is selling 2009 alpine white with black interior + carbon fiber roof, dct, i drive, carbon fiber interior trim, 1 owner, fully loaded even with back curtains. It has 41k miles and no accidents or paint work.
The only problem is bmw is the lien holder, im just worried if i pay off the money owed to bmw he might get the pink slip run. Even though bmw said they would rush deliver the pink slip to me. The seller agreed to get this notarized and all but is there a better way of approaching this, possibly with a lawyer like official document/contract from both parties?

Also should i just wait and find a better deal? with warranty that is or am i rushing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmack View Post
I think this is a pretty decent deal! If you're not comfortable with the way the paperwork is being handled I wouldn't go through with it. Have you looked into escrow services? If bmw financial services are willing to do that it might be the safest way. Basically the way it works is the car and money are given to the escrow service and neither the money nor car are released until all paperwork is finalized. Hope this helps.
Escrow service is the best way, but it will cost you or the seller a % of selling price.

I sold a car out of state and the buyer was scared to give me the money so he hired an escrow service!

Transaction was painless, but cost the buyer $170 for a vehicle that was worth 10k
__________________
09' AW M3, 6MT, Black Novillo Extended, Carbon leather trim, Premium, Moonroof, OEM Carbon spoiler, BMW LED Int. Bulbs, Avant Garde 19x11/19x9.5 M310 wheels, OOLux V3 AEOO, Vorsteiner Type II diffuser, Megan Racing Stainless exhaust, Benvo Stage 1 tune, Dinan High Flow Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Front anti-sway bar, H&R Sport springs, 30% tint
Sully1Time is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
0_to_60
First Lieutenant
 
0_to_60's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: LA, CA

Posts: 350
iTrader: (0)

wow i feel so much better, just did a research online at they charge 0.89% for the services.

Also, should i just wait and find the same exact car with warranty?
and if i wait exactly when the new m3 arrives, will prices drop on the current e92s?
0_to_60 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
zsx_m
Rasp Addict
 
zsx_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TiAG M3 / 2015 M4 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 219
iTrader: (2)

If the car is exactly what you're looking for then go for it, otherwise keep waiting!
zsx_m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #6
katchup
Converted Evo Driver
 
katchup's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boise, Id

Posts: 583
iTrader: (6)

not that good of a deal, not bad either tho
__________________
Alpine White e92 m3
katchup is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
03BeastCharmer
Major
 
03BeastCharmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 M5, '13 & 97 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,413
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraculaM3 View Post

Also, should i just wait and find the same exact car with warranty?
and if i wait exactly when the new m3 arrives, will prices drop on the current e92s?
Only you can decide if you should wait for the new M3. E92 Prices will be less when it has come out and people start trading their current cars, but the release for the US may be a year away. Depends on how long you want to wait.
__________________

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Wife's: E39 M5, E36 M3
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3
03BeastCharmer is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST