BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #23
F1Venom
Captain
23

 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA


Posts: 858
iTrader: (0)

Maybe he just wanted a closer look of the car, lol. And you just sped off.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #24
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
30

 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria


Posts: 1,000
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
i imagine it's an outcome very similar to this:

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #25
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
35

 
Sleeper519's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 766
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Maybe he just wanted a closer look of the car, lol. And you just sped off.

...yeah, he was probably just trying to tell you your gas cap was open.
__________________

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.80 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #26
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
75

 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: a fun car..
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA


Posts: 1,636
iTrader: (11)

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooo

"M Mode"

Woooo!!


LOL!

That's baller status right there ... out dragging a Golf! Very impressive!

Last edited by w00tw00t; 04-18-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #27
F1Venom
Captain
23

 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA


Posts: 858
iTrader: (0)

Here's an X5M vs. GTi...... Russians are crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=A26emhd2n5w#!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #28
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
38

 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW


Posts: 1,947
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Here's an X5M vs. GTi...... Russians are crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=A26emhd2n5w#!
I'm glad no animals were harmed.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #29
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
3

 
Drives: LSB E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange County, CA


Posts: 293
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
There was no other traffic around and the 911T was messing with me and I really tried to ignore him...but the 911 driver was like wtf
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe Individual | Laguna Seca Blue | 6MT | Black Extended | Piano Black | Moonroof
MS Stage II Intake + Test Pipes | Dinan Pulley | BPM Tune | Racing Dynamics Springs | IND painted accessories | ZCP Knob | OSS Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #30
FVM3
Major General
202

 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 5,739
iTrader: (2)




I dont underestimate gti and evo because you wont know what they got.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #31
PandaM3
First Lieutenant
10

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008


Posts: 365
iTrader: (1)

I wouldn't underestimate any VW with the 2.0t motor...

The other night I just finished installing an APR Carbonio intake to compliment the Ko4 turbo that I swapped into her VW CC after selling my GTI.

Took her otherwise stock appearing VW CC for a test and ran into a modded Pontiac GTO getting on the freeway he had a jump on me and I put the hammer down...

We raced from getting onto the freeway where we where pretty much side by side with me having a slight pull... From the sound of the V8 coming from that GTO he was working it hard too... After 100+ I let off as the freeway entrance was narrowing.

Wish I could see the look on the guys face after realizing a VW CC with a motor 1/3 his motor's size gave him a good run.

I have to admit... In a straight line my wife's VW CC feels just as fast as my E90 M3 while still being capable of delivering 30mpg+!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #32
FVM3
Major General
202

 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 5,739
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post
I wouldn't underestimate any VW with the 2.0t motor...

The other night I just finished installing an APR Carbonio intake to compliment the Ko4 turbo that I swapped into her VW CC after selling my GTI.

Took her otherwise stock appearing VW CC for a test and ran into a modded Pontiac GTO getting on the freeway he had a jump on me and I put the hammer down...

We raced from getting onto the freeway where we where pretty much side by side with me having a slight pull... From the sound of the V8 coming from that GTO he was working it hard too... After 100+ I let off as the freeway entrance was narrowing.

Wish I could see the look on the guys face after realizing a VW CC with a motor 1/3 his motor's size gave him a good run.

I have to admit... In a straight line my wife's VW CC feels just as fast as my E90 M3 while still being capable of delivering 30mpg+!!!
Do you worry about the dsg?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #33
PandaM3
First Lieutenant
10

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008


Posts: 365
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVM3 View Post
Do you worry about the dsg?
Not at all... The DSG is actually very durable and handles much more power than the manual.

Before I sold my GTI I had 60,000 miles with track days almost every other month and the DSG held up really well... In fact adding GIAC DSG software helped the DSG run cooler since it slipped the clutches less... While providing more direct shifts
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #34
FVM3
Major General
202

 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 5,739
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post
Not at all... The DSG is actually very durable and handles much more power than the manual.

Before I sold my GTI I had 60,000 miles with track days almost every other month and the DSG held up really well... In fact adding GIAC DSG software helped the DSG run cooler since it slipped the clutches less... While providing more direct shifts
I love the fart when it changes gear
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST