BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (0)

E92 now....or wait for F32/M4???

Hmmm, just to bring you up to speed, I have an F30 330D, which I ordered back in August last year. Back then F30's were rare and 330D M Sports not even out yet.

Now, they are everywhere...which does take the shine off it a little.

Don't get me wrong the F30 330D is a fantastic car to drive, plenty of torque, and only sips fuel, full of new tech which is amazing, and in EBII, an attractive machine.

In a strange twist of fate, my F30 is being replaced....new one ordered, and due in June.

My sensible head tells me 330D is the way to go......but then I just love the M3.

I do a serious amount of business miles, which the 330D is great for, so I would have to buy another DD if I went the M3 route. Something like an e90 320D....Meh!!!

So, do I live with the 330D, pay it off, carry on driving that for work, and buy an M4 in 3 years time? Or dive right into an M3 now?

Aaaargh this decision is eating me.......Help!!!!

Why do I need an e92 M3 in my life? Answers on a postcard
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
 
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

Posts: 3,041
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Hmmm, just to bring you up to speed, I have an F30 330D, which I ordered back in August last year. Back then F30's were rare and 330D M Sports not even out yet.

Now, they are everywhere...which does take the shine off it a little.

Don't get me wrong the F30 330D is a fantastic car to drive, plenty of torque, and only sips fuel, full of new tech which is amazing, and in EBII, an attractive machine.

In a strange twist of fate, my F30 is being replaced....new one ordered, and due in June.

My sensible head tells me 330D is the way to go......but then I just love the M3.

I do a serious amount of business miles, which the 330D is great for, so I would have to buy another DD if I went the M3 route. Something like an e90 320D....Meh!!!

So, do I live with the 330D, pay it off, carry on driving that for work, and buy an M4 in 3 years time? Or dive right into an M3 now?

Aaaargh this decision is eating me.......Help!!!!

Why do I need an e92 M3 in my life? Answers on a postcard
When you do a serious amount of miles...think.. ///M3 is a very thirsty V8 !
But driving it is.... so it's up to you
///M Power-Belgium is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
When you do a serious amount of miles...think.. ///M3 is a very thirsty V8 !
But driving it is.... so it's up to you
Absolutely...I can't run the M3 for work....too thirsty, and will wear it out doing something it wasn't really designed for. Will have to get that 320D aswell

The M4??? will no doubt be much more economical than the e92 M3, even an F13 M6 uses less fuel than an e92
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
hugehead
Lieutenant
 
hugehead's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: manchester

Posts: 468
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
dont get your hope up re fuel enconomy of the M4 as its still a "M" powered car
hugehead is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugehead View Post
dont get your hope up re fuel enconomy of the M4 as its still a "M" powered car
True, but as the M6 uses quite a bit less fuel than an M3, I am hoping it will be a big enough difference to matter. Also VED should be a few bands better, as the ad says......every little helps
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #6
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,141
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
True, but as the M6 uses quite a bit less fuel than an M3, I am hoping it will be a big enough difference to matter. Also VED should be a few bands better, as the ad says......every little helps
For both cars when you're really going at it I don't know if the M6 fuel economy would really be that much different to an M3.

Lots of miles I would stick with the F30 diesel... so what is the twist of fate if you don't mind me asking that leads you to an ooportunity for a new 330D?
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #7
L.Tang
Private First Class
 
Drives: German
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampshire, England

Posts: 106
iTrader: (0)

e92 V8 Last of the engines!
L.Tang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
For both cars when you're really going at it I don't know if the M6 fuel economy would really be that much different to an M3.

Lots of miles I would stick with the F30 diesel... so what is the twist of fate if you don't mind me asking that leads you to an ooportunity for a new 330D?
I am not talking when going for it....I don't mind how much fuel is used then. But it does help if I can get more than 240 miles on a tank when going somewhere up the motorway, more for the inconvenience than anything else.

I have a track day car with around 700bhp.......that is a bit thirsty.

My car was damaged and is being replaced
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Tang View Post
e92 V8 Last of the engines!
Good point....and something I am debating in my mind. You see I like Turbo charged cars, but I also like high revving cars. Looks like M4 won't be high revving...boring
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #10
STi_traitor
Banned
 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

Posts: 1,000
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Tang View Post
e92 V8 Last of the engines!
+1,000,000,000,000
STi_traitor is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST