BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
229
Rep
4,410
Posts


 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

GTB Performance | Our new website is now live!


Hi All!

I'm proud to announce that our new website is now LIVE!

This is the culmination of 6 months worth of hard work that started with a lot of great suggestions from you guys, the Bimmerpost community. We've taken a lot of care and effort to make sure this site is a lot more user friendly than our previous design. We wanted to provide you with a visually stunning page that you would enjoy spending time on!




Thank you for your support, you guys made this a reality and allow us to keep on doing what we love, providing great parts for your BMW's!

If you have any problems or notice any glitches with the site, please let me know @ rich@gtbperformance.com
__________________
Email : rich@gtbperformance.com | Web : www.gtbperformance.com | Tel : 973 429 2839



GTB Performance is a supporting member of Bimmerpost and the BMW Car Club of America, NJ Chapter
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Website looks good. I would suggest changing the font color in the menu bar. Right now its too dark to read, which defeats the purpose of the menu bar.

Also, the side links (for HRE, Morr, ESS), seem to have some lag on them if you click on more than in one or two in succession.

Just a few observations.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
davesaddiction
is fast cars
davesaddiction's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
1,601
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tulsa

iTrader: (0)

BLOG link = 404

Put something, anything, there so it's not a dead link.

GLWSs
__________________
Daddy's Rocket Sled! _
Clarkson: "It is... pretty much perfect... Why don't I have one of these cars?"
Harris: "The saloon is definitely the M3 of choice."
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
229
Rep
4,410
Posts


 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Website looks good. I would suggest changing the font color in the menu bar. Right now its too dark to read, which defeats the purpose of the menu bar.

Also, the side links (for HRE, Morr, ESS), seem to have some lag on them if you click on more than in one or two in succession.

Just a few observations.
Esquire, thanks for the suggestions!

With the menu bar, are you referring to the Main drop down menu? Or the Side navigation once you are inside the categories?

We've noticed the lag on the main images too and its something to do with the server load. Looking at getting some more processing power and memory to help stop that from happening

Great stuff though, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
BLOG link = 404

Put something, anything, there so it's not a dead link.

GLWSs
Will do Dave, thanks for pointing that out!
__________________
Email : rich@gtbperformance.com | Web : www.gtbperformance.com | Tel : 973 429 2839



GTB Performance is a supporting member of Bimmerpost and the BMW Car Club of America, NJ Chapter
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@GTBPerformance View Post
Esquire, thanks for the suggestions!

With the menu bar, are you referring to the Main drop down menu? Or the Side navigation once you are inside the categories?

I'm referring to the horizontal menu bar running near the top of the page with "BMW" , "BMW ///M" , "MINI", "BLOG, "ABOUT US." The font on the menu bar is grey, and is practically invisible against the black menu bar.

Notably i'm using Google Chrome as my browser.

On that topic, when I switch to another webpages tab on my chrome browser, and then switch back to your tab, your webpage is not there for some reason (instead it shows the website of the previous tab i was looking at), OR your website will finally pop up after5 or 6 seconds. This doesn't happen with any other website that I'm using.. only yours. Very weird.

Good luck.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
Schwaben
Private First Class
Schwaben's Avatar
2
Rep
104
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5 35D
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Looks good, here are a few critiques. Your entire header + menu bar looks like it is having a seizure when I scroll around to different menu items (does not happen on android browser). Quite distracting, responsive design is nice but needs some tweaking. Most users will still be visiting on full size modern systems with large resolution displays. A full site/mobile site may (just an opinion) be a better solution.

Also the "hottest parts" slider is not staying within the container at low resolutions or in microbrowsers. Site does not expand to fill browser when device is rotated horizontal. Finally, just a nitpick but you have one tiny little pixel of white in the upper right corner of the logo. Viewed on Safari and Android Browser.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
229
Rep
4,410
Posts


 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm referring to the horizontal menu bar running near the top of the page with "BMW" , "BMW ///M" , "MINI", "BLOG, "ABOUT US." The font on the menu bar is grey, and is practically invisible against the black menu bar.

Notably i'm using Google Chrome as my browser.

On that topic, when I switch to another webpages tab on my chrome browser, and then switch back to your tab, your webpage is not there for some reason (instead it shows the website of the previous tab i was looking at), OR your website will finally pop up after5 or 6 seconds. This doesn't happen with any other website that I'm using.. only yours. Very weird.

Good luck.
Thanks for the detail and the screenshot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuttgartM3 View Post
Looks good, here are a few critiques. Your entire header + menu bar looks like it is having a seizure when I scroll around to different menu items (does not happen on android browser). Quite distracting, responsive design is nice but needs some tweaking. Most users will still be visiting on full size modern systems with large resolution displays. A full site/mobile site may (just an opinion) be a better solution.

Also the "hottest parts" slider is not staying within the container at low resolutions or in microbrowsers. Site does not expand to fill browser when device is rotated horizontal. Finally, just a nitpick but you have one tiny little pixel of white in the upper right corner of the logo. Viewed on Safari and Android Browser.
Thank you for pointing those out. We haven't optimized the site for mobile use yet, which is something we will be doing soon for sure!

Also thanks for pointing out the glitch in the Hottest Parts slider, we'll take a look and see whats causing it.
__________________
Email : rich@gtbperformance.com | Web : www.gtbperformance.com | Tel : 973 429 2839



GTB Performance is a supporting member of Bimmerpost and the BMW Car Club of America, NJ Chapter
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

No problem.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]

Last edited by esquire; 03-18-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Raucky2000's Avatar
6
Rep
483
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 M3 dct
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (3)

Site looks great! I'll be in touch with an update next week
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
229
Rep
4,410
Posts


 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raucky2000 View Post
Site looks great! I'll be in touch with an update next week
Gracias Dude!

Looking forward to it!
__________________
Email : rich@gtbperformance.com | Web : www.gtbperformance.com | Tel : 973 429 2839



GTB Performance is a supporting member of Bimmerpost and the BMW Car Club of America, NJ Chapter
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
Xcelrrate
Driver
Xcelrrate's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: E90 ///M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuttgartM3 View Post
Finally, just a nitpick but you have one tiny little pixel of white in the upper right corner of the logo. Viewed on Safari and Android Browser.
WOW! Good Eye...

And great site coming along...
__________________

'08 Jerez Black E90 ///M3
Pics of my Ride
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #12
sunsweet
Captain
sunsweet's Avatar
18
Rep
938
Posts

 
Drives: '13 ZCP factory order
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

meh , deja vu..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #13
05Mdriver
Lieutenant Colonel
05Mdriver's Avatar
25
Rep
1,708
Posts

 
Drives: 414hp Sedan
Join Date: May 2010
Location: pa

iTrader: (60)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
2005 BMW M3  [5.00]
looks good
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #14
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
229
Rep
4,410
Posts


 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelrrate View Post
WOW! Good Eye...

And great site coming along...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
meh , deja vu..
Care to elaborate? We chose a design that is different from any major BMW Parts vendor, but if you've seen it before I'd love to know where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Mdriver View Post
looks good
__________________
Email : rich@gtbperformance.com | Web : www.gtbperformance.com | Tel : 973 429 2839



GTB Performance is a supporting member of Bimmerpost and the BMW Car Club of America, NJ Chapter
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #15
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
229
Rep
4,410
Posts


 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

__________________
Email : rich@gtbperformance.com | Web : www.gtbperformance.com | Tel : 973 429 2839



GTB Performance is a supporting member of Bimmerpost and the BMW Car Club of America, NJ Chapter
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw modification, bmw performance parts, f30 performance parts, m3 performance, vendors

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST