BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

ESS Tuning

07-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
LinkA8A0A
Private

Drives: 135i

Drones in the US

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/0...-says-mueller/

What do you think? Has anyone seen any; if so, where and what did it look like?
      07-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
Ahmed
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [0.50]
No big deal! Why is it even news that the authorities are using thelatest technology to keep an eye on situations on the ground?

Ahmed is offline   Bahrain
      07-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #3
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

If one starts hovering outside your window just shoot the damn thing, they are pretty slow. I recommend a nice #7 birdshot in 20 guage for starters.

No worse than a stop light cam.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      07-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
F1Venom
Lieutenant

Drives: ZCP E90 M3

If I see one in my backyard it would make great target practice.
      07-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
LinkA8A0A
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
If I see one in my backyard it would make great target practice.
Haha, I forget where I read it, but a local municipality in like Montana or somewhere rural actually gave their residents the right to shoot them down if the saw them.
      07-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
240,000 Miles

Drives: Moon

If you do shoot one down, I guarantee that you would be in deep do do with someone.
42 is offline   United Kingdom
      07-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
Mr Tonka
says, Drastic times call for drastic measures

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Buy them here....

http://www.luckygunner.com/12ga-3-ur...ition-5-rounds

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is online now   United_States
      07-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
LinkA8A0A
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42 View Post
If you do shoot one down, I guarantee that you would be in deep do do with someone.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...at-the-drones/

Looks like it...they actually mention the law I referenced, althought it was Colorado, not Montana.
      07-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
LinkA8A0A
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I want to buy them so bad, but I would be afraid I'd get cancer or something with them sitting around my house.
      07-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
Mr Tonka

^^ They are just regular shot. It was a joke offering by this supplier.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
      07-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
LinkA8A0A
Private

Quote:
^^ They are just regular shot. It was a joke offering by this supplier.
Haha, I'm an idiot. I was thinking "how can they sell that?" but then I remembered you can buy uranium on amazon, so I wasn't sure.
      07-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
Cuz5150
Major

Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

Quote:
too funny, fell off the couch

04-M3 vert-Black/Imolla/6MT/Cold/Xenon/HK/
06-M3 Cp-Mystic/Black/6MT/Comp/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
      07-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Z4 2.5 03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
No big deal! Why is it even news that the authorities are using thelatest technology to keep an eye on situations on the ground?
Haha yeah guys, why are you getting so mad that the US government is using tools designed for the military on US citizens? Haha its cool guys, we arent guaranteed freedom in our constitution. Haha lets just let the government continue to spy on it's citizens, infringing our basic right for privacy by checking all our txts, emails, phone calls, and even letting them literally look into our lives with these drones

Good point, I had not looked at it that way before
      07-30-2013, 04:35 AM   #14
Ahmed
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [0.50]
What privacy? If you ain't doing anything wrong, why you worried?

Ahmed is offline   Bahrain
      07-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #15
KingOfJericho
Brigadier General

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
People complain until we are attacked from within and then those same people will be outraged wondering why nobody was paying attention.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
      08-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class

Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Drones - GOOD
Criminals and Terrorists - BAD
Drones Kill Criminals - GOOD
Criminals and Terrorists never knew what hit them - FUNNY
      08-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #17
Mr Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Sounds like you are a simple man. Think about the larger picture and ramifications regarding the use of drones within the US... or/and - see my other post above yours.
I'll never understand why, with as much history as we have to learn from, current conditions and scandals within large organizations as well as governments, people still believe the government will always have their best interest and well being at heart. I just don't get it.

08-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #18
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Sounds like you are a simple man. Think about the larger picture and ramifications regarding the use of drones within the US... or/and - see my other post above yours.
We seem to have diametrically opposed views on this topic.

Ridding society and the rest of the world of terrorists, by any means possible, is the priority. Accordingly, our government is performing its duties properly by protecting the American people via the drone system, both domestically and abroad. I applaud the government on this program.

Any efforts to sway my opinion on this topic, would be a futile effort.

There, is that less "simple" for you?
      08-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #19
AndreyT
Captain

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4Arizona View Post
Ridding society and the rest of the world of terrorists, by any means possible, is the priority.
Exactly. Now combine this with the fact that USA is top terrorist-supporting regime in the world. How does that agree with your "view"?

Quote:
Accordingly, our government is performing its duties properly by protecting the American people via the drone system, both domestically and abroad. I applaud the government on this program.
The US regime is protecting the so called "American way of life" enjoyed by your handlers: the principle that says that crime does pay if it is allowed to run unchecked. The drones is just a cheaper and more convenient way of committing these crimes.

The "protecting American people" part is the most laughable one in its backwardness. American people are the victims of the US regime, used by the regime as the human shield against any massive attack from the Free World. That human shield is exactly what prevents the Free World from putting an end for the crime spree.

Quote:
Any efforts to sway my opinion on this topic, would be a futile effort.
Oh, that's true. Except that you don't really have any "opinion". You don't have the capacity for forming an "opinion". Your are a zealot of the regime, purposely and carefully bred by the regime to become the organism you are today. You can be best compared to a plastic doll with a string in its back: you pull the string - it plays a pre-recorded message. This message is not an "opinion" by any measure.

If you had the capacity to form opinions (or, substitute any of the following: to enjoy art, to have friends, to love, etc), the US regime would not have been capable of sustained survival. The only way to change your "opinion" is to, well, upload you with a new "firmware". You are designed for that as well, but no one in this forum can do it. So, you are absolutely right, "any efforts to sway your opinion on this topic, would be a futile effort".

You see, despite all those "drones", "strikes", "bombings" and stuff like that, despite the fact that US regime is by a large margin the most murderous regime is the history of mankind, this is not the reason the Free World unilaterally considers the US regime the most criminal entity ever. The biggest crime the US regime has committed is the crime against its own people. It is what it did to you. Every time you open your mouth, you produce hard evidence of these crimes. Your post quoted above is an excellent example.
AndreyT is offline   United_States
      08-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Exactly. Now combine this with the fact that USA is top terrorist-supporting regime in the world. How does that agree with your "view"?

The US regime is protecting the so called "American way of life" enjoyed by your handlers: the principle that says that crime does pay if it is allowed to run unchecked. The drones is just a cheaper and more convenient way of committing these crimes.

The "protecting American people" part is the most laughable one in its backwardness. American people are the victims of the US regime, used by the regime as the human shield against any massive attack from the Free World. That human shield is exactly what prevents the Free World from putting an end for the crime spree.

Oh, that's true. Except that you don't really have any "opinion". You don't have the capacity for forming an "opinion". Your are a zealot of the regime, purposely and carefully bred by the regime to become the organism you are today. You can be best compared to a plastic doll with a string in its back: you pull the string - it plays a pre-recorded message. This message is not an "opinion" by any measure.

If you had the capacity to form opinions (or, substitute any of the following: to enjoy art, to have friends, to love, etc), the US regime would not have been capable of sustained survival. The only way to change your "opinion" is to, well, upload you with a new "firmware". You are designed for that as well, but no one in this forum can do it. So, you are absolutely right, "any efforts to sway your opinion on this topic, would be a futile effort".

You see, despite all those "drones", "strikes", "bombings" and stuff like that, despite the fact that US regime is by a large margin the most murderous regime is the history of mankind, this is not the reason the Free World unilaterally considers the US regime the most criminal entity ever. The biggest crime the US regime has committed is the crime against its own people. It is what it did to you. Every time you open your mouth, you produce hard evidence of these crimes. Your post quoted above is an excellent example.
Shutty with the propaganda and conspiracy talk.

Since you "liked" it so much. I'll repeat it again just for shi#s n' giggles. I wish I had a mountain top to scream it from, just for you.

Drones - GOOD
Criminals and Terrorists - BAD
Drones Kill Criminals - GOOD
Criminals and Terrorists never knew what hit them - FUNNY
..and an extra special ending just for you Andrey: US MILITARY - AWESOME

Last edited by BlueZ4Arizona; 08-11-2013 at 12:59 AM.
      08-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #21
immx
Private First Class

Drives: 520d SE LCI

Slightly but this is a reality here in Essex, UK

Only a matter of time before they start using unmanned aircraft
immx is offline   United Kingdom
      08-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Every so often you run across the poster who is so slick, so practiced, so considered in his posts that you just have to know that he's here on a mission. Not your run of the mill troll. I suggest that you consider closely whether you really want to engage with such an oily and agenda driven poster. This is one who, regardless of the subject, exists only to downgrade, to weaken, to tear down. Wash your hands after any exchange.
OldArmy is offline   United_States