BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #23
88stlgrym3
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 Lexus IS350
Join Date: May 2005
Location: san gabriel, CA

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

the sad thing(or could be a good thing) is that if we showed proofs that 335i is a better performer than the c350 they'll just go on and brag about how comfort the benz is compare to the bimmer and how prestige the three-point star is ...blah blah blah. i don't know, i just never caught on with mbenz, i don't see myself in a benz before i'm 50yo and even then i'll cross shopping it with lexus.
__________________
2002 steel gray M3 coupe, SMG, premium package, navigation (sold, still regretting)
2008 jet black 535i sport, premium, ipod/usb (leased but not forgotten)
2010 Wicked White Evolution MR Touring (sold and missed)
2009 Smoky Granite Mica Lexus IS350, F-Sport products: 19'' staggered forged wheels, suspension, intake, exhaust, rear sway bar
88stlgrym3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #24
BMWalpine
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW 335xi
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

On a related topic, how would a E500 do against a 335xi?
BMWalpine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #25
mesier1111
Banned
 
mesier1111's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA

Posts: 1,628
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamibusta69 View Post
wow i raced a slk 350 on the high way it was window to window to 145.. no way it can beat a 335 in any way
My father smoked one in his 745, so please, I won't even entertain this conversation with the idiots. BTW, the new C350 is slower than the last one. Every magazine has talked about it, they kept the same engine but increased wait, great formula for increasing performance
mesier1111 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #26
mesier1111
Banned
 
mesier1111's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA

Posts: 1,628
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
We all do. But until then, I guess the BMW and the Porsche will have to do. Someday though, someday.
Please tell me I'm retarded and you are kidding?
mesier1111 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #27
E90330iS
Major General
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Arcadia, California

Posts: 6,323
iTrader: (56)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to E90330iS Send a message via MSN to E90330iS Send a message via Skype™ to E90330iS
Owned?
__________________
1. E90 325i/328i/330i Eisenmann Race Exhaust 2 x 76mm (Used for 30000 miles) $680 OBO
2. BMW OEM Aluminum Strut Bar $125 OBO
3. E90 M3 Jet Black Front Bumper $120 OBO
4. E90 M3 Style CF Trunk Spoiler $80 OBO
E90330iS is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #28
ska///235i
***** noob
 
ska///235i's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 8,801
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroday View Post
they have better grammar though.
__________________
" Hey, your m235i is not a true M car"..."No shit, its a M Performance doe"
ska///235i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #29
BMW F22
Major General
 
BMW F22's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Around the Bay

Posts: 8,283
iTrader: (8)

I went to look at the new C350 this past weekend and thought it looked pretty good (exterior wise). The interior looked cheap for some reason. It's too plain and doesnt have that rich texture to it. Heck, even my sister thought it was boring. Other than that it's a very nice car.
BMW F22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #30
omg516
Colonel Sanders
 
Drives: 07 e90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 572
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to omg516
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesier1111 View Post
My father smoked one in his 745, so please, I won't even entertain this conversation with the idiots. BTW, the new C350 is slower than the last one. Every magazine has talked about it, they kept the same engine but increased wait, great formula for increasing performance
This saddens me, but I think you meant to say "weight".
omg516 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #31
whytboy
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 171
iTrader: (1)

i was ganna buy the c350 or the 335i. I use to own a 05 c230. after test driving both, there was no comparison. BMW took it easy. And i must agree, the benz exterior wise looked awesome, but interior was cheap. But in the end i ordered a 335i coupe and hate the wait...
whytboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 01:34 PM   #32
derryck
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 335 Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida

Posts: 624
iTrader: (3)

They're really grasping...an automatic MB vs. a manual tranny BMW, if they were both auto's then the BMW would have one that also. I'm guessing that was a top gear test which would mean had they downshifted the BMW it would have spanked the MB.
derryck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #33
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
 
AoshichanX's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 3,103
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
Lol aside from the few gung-ho fanboys they seem pretty chill.

My dad's e500 (which was a nice ride) got crashed in 2005...only driven 6 months


He is now looking at the e350 which is...the same damn price.

Wow USD going down or the e series really appreciated...
AoshichanX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 01:49 PM   #34
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ZheHbKa's Avatar
 
Drives: the Wind
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [5.00]
for some reason everyone who drives a MB thinks they are on top of the world, i had an encounter with 2007 c230!!! on the highway, he tried to cut me off and i didnt let him, so he yells to me, "i'll tear you apart on the open road" i was surprised how car dumb you have to be. any recent years BMW destroy that car.
so when the highway opens up he guns it, i wait for us to line us and give it enough acceleration to be even with him,l i hear his engine screaming but i'm only at 3500 rpm, he looks at me with think smirk and i say "good bye" and gun it. I lost him as if he was standing still.
he gets off the same exit and comes up to me on the light and says, "i still drive the BENZ" my response was "you drive the tri star on the hood but know nothing about cars" he lost his smile and got really confused.
__________________
2014 F30 335 X-Drive | 6-MT | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZMM ZDH ZDA |

ZheHbKa is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #35
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Florida

Posts: 1,677
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to rideelement247
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheHbKa View Post
for some reason everyone who drives a MB thinks they are on top of the world, i had an encounter with 2007 c230!!! on the highway, he tried to cut me off and i didnt let him, so he yells to me, "i'll tear you apart on the open road" i was surprised how car dumb you have to be. any recent years BMW destroy that car.
so when the highway opens up he guns it, i wait for us to line us and give it enough acceleration to be even with him,l i hear his engine screaming but i'm only at 3500 rpm, he looks at me with think smirk and i say "good bye" and gun it. I lost him as if he was standing still.
he gets off the same exit and comes up to me on the light and says, "i still drive the BENZ" my response was "you drive the tri star on the hood but know nothing about cars" he lost his smile and got really confused.
owned
__________________
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
rideelement247 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #36
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
 
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

Posts: 3,544
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
MB = Taxi Cabs in Europe .....

Thats the equivalent of Ford Crown Vics here in the States .... LOL

I find it funny when MB guys think their cars are "such luxury, and status" ... please .... the marketing department at MB made you one of their sheep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW
I went to look at the new C350 this past weekend and thought it looked pretty good (exterior wise). The interior looked cheap for some reason. It's too plain and doesnt have that rich texture to it. Heck, even my sister thought it was boring. Other than that it's a very nice car.
I test drove one as well and agree the interior felt really cheap. My friend has an older C230 Sport and the interior in the older car seems much nicer. I love the exterior of the new car thou.
________
S-Type
________
Anal black
________
Ipad Guide
________
Wong Amat Beach
________
Blonde live

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Vegas_Sirk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #37
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
 
Revlis's Avatar
 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle Area, WA

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheHbKa View Post
for some reason everyone who drives a MB thinks they are on top of the world, i had an encounter with 2007 c230!!! on the highway, he tried to cut me off and i didnt let him, so he yells to me, "i'll tear you apart on the open road" i was surprised how car dumb you have to be. any recent years BMW destroy that car.
so when the highway opens up he guns it, i wait for us to line us and give it enough acceleration to be even with him,l i hear his engine screaming but i'm only at 3500 rpm, he looks at me with think smirk and i say "good bye" and gun it. I lost him as if he was standing still.
he gets off the same exit and comes up to me on the light and says, "i still drive the BENZ" my response was "you drive the tri star on the hood but know nothing about cars" he lost his smile and got really confused.
Yeah, Good thing there aren't any BMW owners like that.... thinking they are on top of the world and all...

Plenty of poser, fanboy-shitheads here at e90 post. At least the Merc board seems to have folks who bother to use proper punctuation, or have a basic grasp of the language.

I've learned that the loudest BMW, Audi, Mercedes, or Porsche fanboys are often the newest, youngest, most inexperienced, and over the top of each camp. Or Worse, don't even own/operate their own vehicle... Just strap hangers and wannabes.
__________________

'13 TiAg over Coral, 335is | DCT | Prem | L7 | Nav/Idrive | CA | 19" "-------"

A BMW is Just a Car, it doesn't make you smart, handsome, cool, or wealthy. Get over it.
Revlis is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #38
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroday View Post
they have better grammar though.
lolz...+1
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #39
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derryck View Post
They're really grasping...an automatic MB vs. a manual tranny BMW, if they were both auto's then the BMW would have one that also. I'm guessing that was a top gear test which would mean had they downshifted the BMW it would have spanked the MB.
Hmmm....the op in their forum says "Both were automatic's". So doesnt MB have a tiptronic option of some sort, which hold's the gear, like in a manual????
Anyway, I don't believe, the c350 can surpass 335i acceleration in any gear....335i has so much torque, everywhere(300'b/ft from 1400-5000)...I say the magazine is bs. Not all sources are reliable!

And I read a user's post in the MB forum...the new c350 is producing 288hp on dyno....??How come.??? Hmmm...loads of BS going on.
"Remember, the C350 stock has dyno'd at 288bhp so getting another 12bhp is all it takes to get to 300. I would think that a chip, filters, and exhaust ought to do it."
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #40
mesier1111
Banned
 
mesier1111's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA

Posts: 1,628
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg516 View Post
This saddens me, but I think you meant to say "weight".
LOL.........I did, and it saddens me too
mesier1111 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2007, 07:59 AM   #41
Carnage
Lieutenant General
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Drives: people insane
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: classified

Posts: 16,404
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Yeah, Good thing there aren't any BMW owners like that.... thinking they are on top of the world and all...

Plenty of poser, fanboy-shitheads here at e90 post. At least the Merc board seems to have folks who bother to use proper punctuation, or have a basic grasp of the language.

I've learned that the loudest BMW, Audi, Mercedes, or Porsche fanboys are often the newest, youngest, most inexperienced, and over the top of each camp. Or Worse, don't even own/operate their own vehicle... Just strap hangers and wannabes.
I'm not sure what could make you think that there's that element here too...

It's a perfect group of mindless badge whores here....
Carnage is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2007, 08:02 AM   #42
derryck
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 335 Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida

Posts: 624
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Ok, so it didn't stomp the 335i especially in the standing start acceleration tests (where the 2008 C350 really got walloped) but it did beat the 335i in one interesting test category in this month's Automobile Magazine. The C350 beat the 335i from 30 to 70 (6.4 sec vs. 6.5 sec). It does not say top gear but it was a 6-speed vs. an automatic.
Quote:
Hmmm....the op in their forum says "Both were automatic's".
Where do you see that...looks clear to me that it was an automatic vs. a 6 speed and since the MB is only offered in an automatic....?
derryck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #43
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ZheHbKa's Avatar
 
Drives: the Wind
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,795
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [5.00]
there is a MB c class driving event this Saturday in republic airport, long island, ny, im taking my car there, we'll do few quick runs to see how many CL's the magazine has bs-ed. 30 - 70 is 1st gear to the end of 2nd, there is not even a slightest chance that a stock 350 can keep up, i'll have vids and pics posted
__________________
2014 F30 335 X-Drive | 6-MT | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZMM ZDH ZDA |

ZheHbKa is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #44
Leesi
Good Student Driver
 
Leesi's Avatar
 
Drives: Black BMW
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern California

Posts: 589
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheHbKa View Post
there is a MB c class driving event this Saturday in republic airport, long island, ny, im taking my car there, we'll do few quick runs to see how many CL's the magazine has bs-ed. 30 - 70 is 1st gear to the end of 2nd, there is not even a slightest chance that a stock 350 can keep up, i'll have vids and pics posted
Go man! Tears all those european taxi cabs wannabe

And, you owe us pics and vids
__________________
Right E92 sideskirt for sale $50

Jet Black color with minor scratches

PM ME!
Leesi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST