BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #133
Tylerstar
Captain
Tylerstar's Avatar
21
Rep
956
Posts

 
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
come on now.. the best player ever already said 5 is better than 1 lol...cant argue with MJ.
He said he would pick Kobe over him, and he also said Lebron is currently better then kobe. Did you watch the full interview?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #134
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
79
Rep
4,887
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

ofc i did, to even compare a 34 yr old kobe to a prime lebron at this point in their careers only speaks to how good he really is. hell lebron was even more efficient than mj was.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #135
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnhm3 View Post
When it's all said and done Kobe will be the better player. Look at Kobe's accomplishments in his prime compared to LeBron. Sure Kobe had Shaq but the teams they had to go through to make it to the Finals year after year were insane.

For those of you who have been watching basketball for the past 11 or 12 years, you should know what I am talking about. The lakers had to battle against VERY STRONG Portland, San Antonio, and Sacramento teams JUST to make it to the Finals let alone win it.

What is LeBron doing in his prime? Joining forces with Dwyane Wade in a conference that is the BIGGEST JOKE I have ever seen. The Heat are a lock to make it to the Finals this year. If LeBron stuck it out in Cleveland that would have impressed me.
Better player in terms of what? Best to win more championship? Best defense? Best all around player? Best scorer? Best rebounder? Best assister?

I have been watching basketball way longer than 11-12 years. I don't remember Portland being that great. They had Rasheed Wallace and that's about it. They were never really that tough to beat. I remember the Kings were a tough tough team with no superstar on the team. Just a bunch of good players that knows their role with C Web, Divac, and Bibby. But one of the playoff series was rigged by Tom Donaghy.

What is Lebron doing in his prime? Winning his 3rd MVP and about to win his 4th MVP. That isn't impressive enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
considering the crunch time frame of both incidence, that chase down was wack vs the back to back possession our god blocked lebron AFTER mj said force him left cause hes goona shot a jumper lol in the FOURTH quarter under 2 mins. FACT

whats so great about his super athletic body chasing down blocking a 34 year old god with 50,000 minutes on his body....yawns

why didnt bron block this one?
What is your point? So Kobe is better than Lebron because he blocked his jump shot? Is Reggie Lewis better than MJ because he blocked him 4x in 1 game?

34 year old my ass. That block happened in 2007. When Kobe was in his prime.

Why he didn't block this one? What kind of question is this? Because in the game of basketball, you can't block everything no matter how good of a shot blocker you are. Are you saying Mutumbo or Shaq aren't good because they didn't have a 100% success rate blocking shots?

Sigh.. Bandwagon fans know nothing about basketball. It is such a disgrace having you bandwagoning my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar View Post
Stats- Kobe Bryant Vs Lebron James at the age of 28

Points- Lebron 20,745 Kobe 19,296
Rebounds- Lebron 5,462 Kobe 4,073
Assists- Lebron 5,207 Kobe 3,561
Steals- Lebron 1,302 Kobe 1,170
Blocks- Lebron 636 Kobe 467
Triple Doubles- Lebron 43, Kobe 14
MVP's- Lebron 3 Kobe 0


Who is better? Well you tell me lol.
Gotta quote this again for everyone to see before they miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
come on now.. the best player ever already said 5 is better than 1 lol...cant argue with MJ.
Seriously, did you watch the video? Michael Jordan was asked Lebron or Kobe.

"in terms of the dominance of the game of basketball at this stage is Lebron"

"championship wise, Kobe Bryant"

"if you have to pick between the 2, it is a tough choice. 5 beats 1"

If you are having trouble interpreting that it means Lebron is a better overall player but Kobe is better in terms of winning championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
cause i hug kobes nuts soo tight man...should be knownin by now. besides...mj never said 6 is better than 5
He doesn't need to say 6 is better than 5. We already MJ is way better than Kobe. MJ could of won more rings but he retired in the middle of his prime.

But let's break this down stats wise.

MJ played 15 season:
-1072 games
-32,392 points (497% FG)
-893 blocks
-6672 rebounds
-5633 assist
-2514 steals
-6 rings

Kobe played 16 season:
-1228 games
-31,297 points (454% FG)
-6507 rebounds
-5804 assist
-1810 steal
-611 blocks
-5 rings

Now you tell me which one is better... Kobe played 156 more games than MJ but his stats is still below MJ's stats...GTFO noob..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar View Post
He said he would pick Kobe over him, and he also said Lebron is currently better then kobe. Did you watch the full interview?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #136
ny325
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
987
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i jet black spt pkg
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Finally, someone agrees how difficult it was for the Lakers to win. They had to beat really good teams. Unlike now the eastern conference has been a joke since Lebron entered the league. I find it funny how the Lebron fans say he could not win in Cleveland because he didn't have anyone. Cleveland had the best record, top defensive team, top free throw percentage, and they lost in the finals. I was shocked that Lebron never won a scoring title during his time with Cleveland because the eastern conference was horrible. Allen Iverson, who is half of Lebrons size won a scoring title, because he had twice the amount of heart, and guts. Iverson would take you inside, outside, whatever it took to win the game. Lebron, just took the easy way, and joined an already established superstar in Wade. Now he finds himself again, playing in a horrible eastern conference. But now he has Wade, Bosh, and company. I would of have more respect for him if he took a bad team (Cleveland) and made them win the a championship.Instead, he piggy backed off of Wade. This whole winning streak means nothing, because again, with the exception of 5-6 teams the NBA is flooded with bad teams. So Lebron continue making commercials, and good luck trying to win not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, and so on championships, because you are going to find yourself again having to piggy back off another superstar to win those champions because wade, and company won't be around that long.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #137
gnhm3
Major
gnhm3's Avatar
38
Rep
1,495
Posts

 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West LA

iTrader: (17)

[quote=Inspired;13676930]Better player in terms of what? Best to win more championship? Best defense? Best all around player? Best scorer? Best rebounder? Best assister?

I have been watching basketball way longer than 11-12 years. I don't remember Portland being that great. They had Rasheed Wallace and that's about it. They were never really that tough to beat. I remember the Kings were a tough tough team with no superstar on the team. Just a bunch of good players that knows their role with C Web, Divac, and Bibby. But one of the playoff series was rigged by Tom Donaghy.

What is Lebron doing in his prime? Winning his 3rd MVP and about to win his 4th MVP. That isn't impressive enough?



Kobe will be the better overall player. LeBron won 3 MVPS in a softer league and even softer conference? Good for him. Here is a picture of the standings at the end of the 2001, 2002 and 2003 season. Look at how tough every team was. Every team had to be over .500 to be in the playoffs. Up until 2 years ago Indiana had a .451 and took the 8th seed. Ridiculous.

LeBron is playing in a way easier league, against way easier teams with very little talent level compared to the early 2000's. Teaming up and building a super team in the softest conference I have seen in a decade, and running circles around everyone doesn't impress me like I said...





__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #138
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Finally, someone agrees how difficult it was for the Lakers to win. They had to beat really good teams. Unlike now the eastern conference has been a joke since Lebron entered the league. I find it funny how the Lebron fans say he could not win in Cleveland because he didn't have anyone. Cleveland had the best record, top defensive team, top free throw percentage, and they lost in the finals. I was shocked that Lebron never won a scoring title during his time with Cleveland because the eastern conference was horrible. Allen Iverson, who is half of Lebrons size won a scoring title, because he had twice the amount of heart, and guts. Iverson would take you inside, outside, whatever it took to win the game. Lebron, just took the easy way, and joined an already established superstar in Wade. Now he finds himself again, playing in a horrible eastern conference. But now he has Wade, Bosh, and company. I would of have more respect for him if he took a bad team (Cleveland) and made them win the a championship.Instead, he piggy backed off of Wade. This whole winning streak means nothing, because again, with the exception of 5-6 teams the NBA is flooded with bad teams. So Lebron continue making commercials, and good luck trying to win not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, and so on championships, because you are going to find yourself again having to piggy back off another superstar to win those champions because wade, and company won't be around that long.
Difficult for Lakers to win? Did you forget what a joke the eastern conference was? NJ Nets? Indiana Pacers? 76ers? The Lakers nearly swept all of them. It wasn't even a battle.

Having the best regular season record doesn't mean you have the best team. The Spurs had the best record for the past few season and I don't see them winning any championships right now. If you are discrediting Lebron for playing in the eastern conference then you must have forgot how tough the Boston Celtics were. They had 4 superstar on their team. Paul Pierce, KG, Ray Allen, Rondo. And they were the best defensive team in the league.

Winning a scoring title means nothing. Kevin Durant won 3 scoring title and on his way to win his 4th one. Does that mean he is better than Kobe and Lebron? And you are talking about Iverson in his prime vs Lebron in his rookie season. Iverson was unstoppable in those days.

Did you forget your NY Knick Carmelo Anthony demanded a trade to NY to play with a superstar also? Amare Stoudemire ring a bell? 6x NBA All star? But no one ever talks about it because the Knicks sucks.

Eastern conference is far from horrible. Indiana Pacers, Boston, Bulls are one of the toughest defensive team in the league. Boston is even more deadly defensively without Rondo. Bradley is a much better defender. Not to mention, Jeff Green and Jason Terry is finally contributing after Rondo went out. They were nonexistent prior to the injury.

Lebron and Bosh aren't even past their prime yet. They are both only 28 years old. Only exception is Wade is a bit older at 31. If Lebron continues to improve his game I don't see how a couple more championship in his career is so far fetched. He is on his way to win his 4th MVP also.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #139
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
79
Rep
4,887
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

like ive said man, the asterisk next to his rings or more rings to come...its freaking. cheapppp! He was close with the cavs (that would of been impressive) If you wanna compare numbers have bron play next to prime shaq as the number 2 option. The cavs built that team around him and he was a starter from day one. you just love to bring up stats to favor your agenda. BTW portland gave PRIME SHAQ lakers fits...they were that good so stop down playing it. imagin now many rings prime shaq and lebron would of won? ZERO with all their missed free throws down the stretch lol.

Just admit youll do exactly what lebron would of done to win rings. I have more respect for a ringless barkley/malone vs a inspired lebron. and it still sucks gettin blocked by a 34 year old at your prime doesnt it.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442

Last edited by #Tee; 03-21-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #140
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

[quote=gnhm3;13677004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Better player in terms of what? Best to win more championship? Best defense? Best all around player? Best scorer? Best rebounder? Best assister?

I have been watching basketball way longer than 11-12 years. I don't remember Portland being that great. They had Rasheed Wallace and that's about it. They were never really that tough to beat. I remember the Kings were a tough tough team with no superstar on the team. Just a bunch of good players that knows their role with C Web, Divac, and Bibby. But one of the playoff series was rigged by Tom Donaghy.

What is Lebron doing in his prime? Winning his 3rd MVP and about to win his 4th MVP. That isn't impressive enough?



Kobe will be the better overall player. LeBron won 3 MVPS in a softer league and even softer conference? Good for him. Here is a picture of the standings at the end of the 2001, 2002 and 2003 season. Look at how tough every team was. Every team had to be over .500 to be in the playoffs. Up until 2 years ago Indiana had a .451 and took the 8th seed. Ridiculous.

LeBron is playing in a way easier league, against way easier teams with very little talent level compared to the early 2000's. Teaming up and building a super team in the softest conference I have seen in a decade, and running circles around everyone doesn't impress me like I said...
How can you be so sure that Kobe is a better overall player? Lebron isn't even past his prime. And the all time great MJ already said Lebron is currently the more dominant one. Statistic wise already proves that Lebron is a better overall player. What is your evidence based on that Kobe is a better overall player then?

I guess you missed it...Do you need it even bigger?

Points- Lebron 20,745 Kobe 19,296
Rebounds- Lebron 5,462 Kobe 4,073
Assists- Lebron 5,207 Kobe 3,561
Steals- Lebron 1,302 Kobe 1,170
Blocks- Lebron 636 Kobe 467
Triple Doubles- Lebron 43, Kobe 14
MVP's- Lebron 3 Kobe 1


Softer league? Then we should discredit Kobe Bryant's MVP since he got his MVP in 2008 in a "softer league." We should discredit Kobe Bryant of his 2 recent championship since it is considered in a "softer league" also? Isn't that what you are saying?

If you want to talk about softer league, the Lakers 3-peat played against a bunch of scrubs in the NBA Final. NJ Nets, Pacers, 76ers. They nearly swept each and every one of them. If it was so tough back then, why the hell can you 3-peat so easily and sweep so many teams in the playoffs.

So it's OK to build super team in 2000 with the best center of all time but it is not OK for Lebron to build a good team with not even the best guard or PF in the league?

How about building a superteam with Gasol, Bynum, Lamar Odom? Best guard in the game with the best PF/C in the league, all star Bynum, and 6th man of the year Lamar Odom?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #141
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
like ive said man, the asterisk next to his rings or more rings to come...its freaking. cheapppp! He was close with the cavs (that would of been impressive) If you wanna compare numbers have bron play next to prime shaq as the number 2 option. The cavs built that team around him and he was a starter from day one. you just love to bring up stats to favor your agenda. BTW portland gave PRIME SHAQ lakers fits...they were that good so stop down playing it. imagin now many rings prime shaq and lebron would of won? ZERO with all their missed free throws down the stretch lol.

Just admit youll do exactly what lebron would of done to win rings. I have more respect for a ringless barkley/malone vs a inspired lebron. and it still sucks gettin blocked by a 34 year old at your prime doesnt it.
So this is about 39 year old Shaq playing one of his last 2 season of his career with the Cavs?

Keep talking noob and dodge every response I had for you since the beginning of this thread.

In case you missed my response..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
considering the crunch time frame of both incidence, that chase down was wack vs the back to back possession our god blocked lebron AFTER mj said force him left cause hes goona shot a jumper lol in the FOURTH quarter under 2 mins. FACT

whats so great about his super athletic body chasing down blocking a 34 year old god with 50,000 minutes on his body....yawns

why didnt bron block this one?
What is your point? So Kobe is better than Lebron because he blocked his jump shot? Is Reggie Lewis better than MJ because he blocked him 4x in 1 game?

34 year old my ass. That block happened in 2007. When Kobe was in his prime.

Why he didn't block this one? What kind of question is this? Because in the game of basketball, you can't block everything no matter how good of a shot blocker you are. Are you saying Mutumbo or Shaq aren't good because they didn't have a 100% success rate blocking shots?

Sigh.. Bandwagon fans know nothing about basketball. It is such a disgrace having you bandwagoning my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar View Post
Stats- Kobe Bryant Vs Lebron James at the age of 28

Points- Lebron 20,745 Kobe 19,296
Rebounds- Lebron 5,462 Kobe 4,073
Assists- Lebron 5,207 Kobe 3,561
Steals- Lebron 1,302 Kobe 1,170
Blocks- Lebron 636 Kobe 467
Triple Doubles- Lebron 43, Kobe 14
MVP's- Lebron 3 Kobe 1


Who is better? Well you tell me lol.
Gotta quote this again for everyone to see before they miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
come on now.. the best player ever already said 5 is better than 1 lol...cant argue with MJ.
Seriously, did you watch the video? Michael Jordan was asked Lebron or Kobe.

"in terms of the dominance of the game of basketball at this stage is Lebron"

"championship wise, Kobe Bryant"

"if you have to pick between the 2, it is a tough choice. 5 beats 1"

If you are having trouble interpreting that it means Lebron is a better overall player but Kobe is better in terms of winning championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
cause i hug kobes nuts soo tight man...should be knownin by now. besides...mj never said 6 is better than 5
He doesn't need to say 6 is better than 5. We already MJ is way better than Kobe. MJ could of won more rings but he retired in the middle of his prime.

But let's break this down stats wise.

MJ played 15 season:
-1072 games
-32,392 points (497% FG)
-893 blocks
-6672 rebounds
-5633 assist
-2514 steals
-6 rings

Kobe played 16 season:
-1228 games
-31,297 points (454% FG)
-6507 rebounds
-5804 assist
-1810 steal
-611 blocks
-5 rings

Now you tell me which one is better... Kobe played 156 more games than MJ but his stats is still below MJ's stats...GTFO noob..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #142
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
79
Rep
4,887
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

My point in the beginning of this thread was how the asterisk next to his one cheap ring with prime wade and bosh! you continue to bring up kobe needed shaq...ok fine shaq is gone. enters optionB pau and kobe wins without shaq. HE won as optionA and not like lebron plotting to play with 2 other franchise players because he failed to do so as the alpha dog. why cant you understand that?

ALL of these stats you bring up are irrelevant. If youre goona discount kobes rings cause he played with shaq why even use mjs stats? factor in if mj played with shaq as option2 his number would drop dramatically. so stop it with the numbers you nub.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #143
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
My point in the beginning of this thread was how the asterisk next to his one cheap ring with prime wade and bosh! you continue to bring up kobe needed shaq...ok fine shaq is gone. enters optionB pau and kobe wins without shaq. HE won as optionA and not like lebron plotting to play with 2 other franchise players because he failed to do so as the alpha dog. why cant you understand that?

ALL of these stats you bring up are irrelevant. If youre goona discount kobes rings cause he played with shaq why even use mjs stats? factor in if mj played with shaq as option2 his number would drop dramatically. so stop it with the numbers you nub.
Just gonna copy and paste my response from the first page..

Lebron is the alpha dog in the Heat, BTW. Wade stepped aside and said it is Lebron's team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
plus whatever rings he wins are tainted with an asterisk *joined forces with prime wade/bosh because he/they cant beat boston being the alpha/optionA
And somehow Kobe won 5 championship all by himself? Did you forget what teammates Kobe had on the championship runs? Shaq, which is arguably the best center in the history of the NBA? 3x Finals MVP? Where was the Lakers before they had Pau Gasol? Did you forget about 2 all star center Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol? How about the best 6th man in the league Lamar Odom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
you wanna play that game, shaq needed to play with elite sg's to win any of his. again james needed to join 2 franchise players to create his super team to win anything. its cheap and all the legends knowledge this and their opinion means more than yours.
Let's not be ignorant here. A real basketball fan knows that you can't win a championship alone. No way Kobe would of won all 5 of his championship by himself. I think you are forgetting that Shaq, Gasol are also franchise players. And how about joining forces with Howard and Nash? Shouldn't we discredit the Lakers and put a asterisk next to their names if they win a championship? The best center in the league and the best guard in the league with top 5 PF? Need to join forces to win championships?



I never said I was going to discredit Kobe. I have nothing against him winning with Shaq or Pau Gasol, Bynum, LO. I was just saying how ridiculous it is be OK with Kobe winning with Shaq, Gasol, Bynum but not OK for Lebron to win with Wade & Bosh.


BTW, keep dodging my responses like you always do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
considering the crunch time frame of both incidence, that chase down was wack vs the back to back possession our god blocked lebron AFTER mj said force him left cause hes goona shot a jumper lol in the FOURTH quarter under 2 mins. FACT

whats so great about his super athletic body chasing down blocking a 34 year old god with 50,000 minutes on his body....yawns

why didnt bron block this one?
What is your point? So Kobe is better than Lebron because he blocked his jump shot? Is Reggie Lewis better than MJ because he blocked him 4x in 1 game?

34 year old my ass. That block happened in 2007. When Kobe was in his prime.

Why he didn't block this one? What kind of question is this? Because in the game of basketball, you can't block everything no matter how good of a shot blocker you are. Are you saying Mutumbo or Shaq aren't good because they didn't have a 100% success rate blocking shots?

Sigh.. Bandwagon fans know nothing about basketball. It is such a disgrace having you bandwagoning my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar View Post
Stats- Kobe Bryant Vs Lebron James at the age of 28

Points- Lebron 20,745 Kobe 19,296
Rebounds- Lebron 5,462 Kobe 4,073
Assists- Lebron 5,207 Kobe 3,561
Steals- Lebron 1,302 Kobe 1,170
Blocks- Lebron 636 Kobe 467
Triple Doubles- Lebron 43, Kobe 14
MVP's- Lebron 3 Kobe 1


Who is better? Well you tell me lol.
Gotta quote this again for everyone to see before they miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
come on now.. the best player ever already said 5 is better than 1 lol...cant argue with MJ.
Seriously, did you watch the video? Michael Jordan was asked Lebron or Kobe.

"in terms of the dominance of the game of basketball at this stage is Lebron"

"championship wise, Kobe Bryant"

"if you have to pick between the 2, it is a tough choice. 5 beats 1"

If you are having trouble interpreting that it means Lebron is a better overall player but Kobe is better in terms of winning championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
cause i hug kobes nuts soo tight man...should be knownin by now. besides...mj never said 6 is better than 5
He doesn't need to say 6 is better than 5. We already MJ is way better than Kobe. MJ could of won more rings but he retired in the middle of his prime.

But let's break this down stats wise.

MJ played 15 season:
-1072 games
-32,392 points (497% FG)
-893 blocks
-6672 rebounds
-5633 assist
-2514 steals
-6 rings

Kobe played 16 season:
-1228 games
-31,297 points (454% FG)
-6507 rebounds
-5804 assist
-1810 steal
-611 blocks
-5 rings

Now you tell me which one is better... Kobe played 156 more games than MJ but his stats is still below MJ's stats...GTFO noob..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 02:10 AM   #144
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
79
Rep
4,887
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

LOL i love your long ass replies to my troll like responses. You say AB as if he was a deciding factor. he played on one leg during the boston series and was worthless vs the magic. the inconsistent odom you speak of didnt come into his own til those 2 last years as if he and AB were franchise players like a pau/wade/bosh. MY POINT YOU DONT JOIN 2 FRANCHISE PLAYERS MAYBE 1 BUT 2??? FUCK NO.

ALL of those blocked shots clips were just to piss you off and its clearly working due to your break downs lol. and gtfo with your stats already man, irrelevant! im done with you.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #145
ny325
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
987
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i jet black spt pkg
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I said the Lakers had to beat tough, good Western conference teams. Besides the Celtics, what team would you consider elite? I agree scoring titles don't mean much. However, why couldn't Lebron win one, while his team had the best record? Do you remember that cross over Iverson put on Jordan? Iverson played against the best, and when you were allowed to hand check. The only reason I think Melo came to the Knicks because they were the only stupid team willing to pay him his extension worth around $60 million. Had nothing to do with Amare. Amare never took over a championship series like wade did. Miami was down 0-2, and Wade had one of the NBAs greatest series. It was even compared to Jordan. Indiana would be a 6th or 7th seed in the west. Boston is arguably a .500 team. I agree, the bulls are a very good defensive team. However, they lack offense without Rose. I would say 26-32 years old in the NBA is your prime years, however, this is totally subjective. Do you honestly think Lebron could win championships with Bosh? Like I said earlier, Lebron plays both side of the floor, which I totally respect. I didn't say winning championship were far fetched. I said his time is limited because wade is the one player that I feel is not going to be around playing at 100%. And I feel he's the one that gets Lebron to play his A game.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #146
Darth One
Former yr 1of1 owner
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

ahahaha how did OP get banned
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #147
tigermack
OPN DIFF
tigermack's Avatar
Hong Kong
17
Rep
1,287
Posts

 
Drives: 06' 330i MT TiAg
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pacific Ocean

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to tigermack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
ahahaha how did OP get banned
LOOOL!
__________________
M-tech front\Hartge CF lip\blacklines\M3 wheel\BMW P.E.\BMS powerbox\ST coils\BBS GT4

e36 - racecar - SCCA STX #188

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #148
Rodzilla
Lieutenant
Rodzilla's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
410
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to Rodzilla
This thread is awesome! I love how you can present facts and still have people hate. The hate must keep them warm at night.
__________________
There are no impossible deeds, only incapable men.

Eibach frontsway,BMS JB4,AFE Drop InBerk Street Axleback, H&R SPORT SPRINGS,Active Autowerke DP's ,Active Autowerke BOV,Active Autowerke FMIC , BMWPEDALS.COM, JB SPEED Black Grills,Alpina B3 TCU Flash
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #149
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
1,824
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
ahahaha how did OP get banned
Bc he's a shitty troll...
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #150
Rukuss
Major
Rukuss's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,331
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Better player in terms of what? Best to win more championship? Best defense? Best all around player? Best scorer? Best rebounder? Best assister?

I have been watching basketball way longer than 11-12 years. I don't remember Portland being that great. They had Rasheed Wallace and that's about it. They were never really that tough to beat. I remember the Kings were a tough tough team with no superstar on the team. Just a bunch of good players that knows their role with C Web, Divac, and Bibby. But one of the playoff series was rigged by Tom Donaghy.

What is Lebron doing in his prime? Winning his 3rd MVP and about to win his 4th MVP. That isn't impressive enough?



What is your point? So Kobe is better than Lebron because he blocked his jump shot? Is Reggie Lewis better than MJ because he blocked him 4x in 1 game?

34 year old my ass. That block happened in 2007. When Kobe was in his prime.

Why he didn't block this one? What kind of question is this? Because in the game of basketball, you can't block everything no matter how good of a shot blocker you are. Are you saying Mutumbo or Shaq aren't good because they didn't have a 100% success rate blocking shots?

Sigh.. Bandwagon fans know nothing about basketball. It is such a disgrace having you bandwagoning my team.



Gotta quote this again for everyone to see before they miss it.



Seriously, did you watch the video? Michael Jordan was asked Lebron or Kobe.

"in terms of the dominance of the game of basketball at this stage is Lebron"

"championship wise, Kobe Bryant"

"if you have to pick between the 2, it is a tough choice. 5 beats 1"

If you are having trouble interpreting that it means Lebron is a better overall player but Kobe is better in terms of winning championship.



He doesn't need to say 6 is better than 5. We already MJ is way better than Kobe. MJ could of won more rings but he retired in the middle of his prime.

But let's break this down stats wise.

MJ played 15 season:
-1072 games
-32,392 points (497% FG)
-893 blocks
-6672 rebounds
-5633 assist
-2514 steals
-6 rings

Kobe played 16 season:
-1228 games
-31,297 points (454% FG)
-6507 rebounds
-5804 assist
-1810 steal
-611 blocks
-5 rings

Now you tell me which one is better... Kobe played 156 more games than MJ but his stats is still below MJ's stats...GTFO noob..





Good info here
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #151
SDSmain
Private
1
Rep
56
Posts

 
Drives: ///M / AMG
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  106.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #152
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxTeexX~ View Post
LOL i love your long ass replies to my troll like responses. You say AB as if he was a deciding factor. he played on one leg during the boston series and was worthless vs the magic. the inconsistent odom you speak of didnt come into his own til those 2 last years as if he and AB were franchise players like a pau/wade/bosh. MY POINT YOU DONT JOIN 2 FRANCHISE PLAYERS MAYBE 1 BUT 2??? FUCK NO.

ALL of those blocked shots clips were just to piss you off and its clearly working due to your break downs lol. and gtfo with your stats already man, irrelevant! im done with you.
I love how you keep coming back here and talk smack but can't even come up with a response to anything I say. Keep dodging....

I can't even understand what you are saying. Can you use proper grammar at least?

Andrew Bynum was the anchor of the team. You think you can win 2 championship without him present in the paint? Bynum was average 15 point/9 rebound/ 2 blocks man during the championship seasons. Did you forget how deadly the Lakers were with Bynum and Gasol on the glass defensively and offensively?

So this is about Lebron joining forces with the 2nd best guard in the league and the top 5 PF in the league? While the Kobe had the most dominant center of all time and also the best PF Pau Gasol, 2nd best center behind Howard, and 6th man of the year Lamar Odom? Lamar Odom had better stats than the so called "franchise player" Bosh. 15/10 guy in the 06-08 season vs Bosh playing with Wade and Lebron 18/8.

Piss me off? I love making bandwagon Lakers fan cry. Keep dodging my responses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I said the Lakers had to beat tough, good Western conference teams. Besides the Celtics, what team would you consider elite? I agree scoring titles don't mean much. However, why couldn't Lebron win one, while his team had the best record? Do you remember that cross over Iverson put on Jordan? Iverson played against the best, and when you were allowed to hand check. The only reason I think Melo came to the Knicks because they were the only stupid team willing to pay him his extension worth around $60 million. Had nothing to do with Amare. Amare never took over a championship series like wade did. Miami was down 0-2, and Wade had one of the NBAs greatest series. It was even compared to Jordan. Indiana would be a 6th or 7th seed in the west. Boston is arguably a .500 team. I agree, the bulls are a very good defensive team. However, they lack offense without Rose. I would say 26-32 years old in the NBA is your prime years, however, this is totally subjective. Do you honestly think Lebron could win championships with Bosh? Like I said earlier, Lebron plays both side of the floor, which I totally respect. I didn't say winning championship were far fetched. I said his time is limited because wade is the one player that I feel is not going to be around playing at 100%. And I feel he's the one that gets Lebron to play his A game.
I don't know which one is harder. Beating tough Western Conference team but play against a bunch of scrubs in the NBA Finals. Or beat tough eastern conference team (Boston, Indiana, Bulls with Rose) and still have to beat tough Eastern conference team (OKC, Dallas). You tell me....

The Bulls and Indiana were elite teams in the eastern conference. The battle between Rose and Lebron was epic. And Indiana killed the Heat in the seminfinals and was down in the series.

Because scoring titles doesn't measure how great a player is. Lebron isn't a pure scorer. He is a pass first and shoot second type of player.

Carmelo wanted to go to the Knicks and wanted to be traded to the Knicks. He wouldn't sign a extension any other team that is why the Knicks traded their core players for him. Amare in his prime was scary. He never had a good team (minus Steve Nash) or coaching staff to take him to the finals but he was near unstoppable offensively.

Wade was unstoppable in the mid 2000 season. He is far from that now. He can barely even make a jump shot let alone dunk. The Miami Heat is Lebron's team. Wade doesn't need to be 100%. As long as Lebron is 100%, the Heat will continue to win.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #153
Darth One
Former yr 1of1 owner
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSmain View Post
Posted a link earlier showing that Kobe is about 25% on playoff game winning shots while Lebron is like 41%. That meme is cute tho
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #154
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroc View Post
Lebron got to the finals with one of the worst teams in the league.
this, people forget that LeBron, at 23 years old, was in the Finals.

he single handedly took a bunch of D-League players to the Finals and lost.

what Bron is doing right now, is better than anything Jordan and Kobe have ever done.

if Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan ever had a baby, and that baby got pregnant by Karl Malone, and that baby got pregnant by Magic (pre AIDS), that baby would be LeBron.

at 6'8" 260lbs, he's doing things that even Jordan/Kobe are jealous of.

when Jordan and Kobe agressively go to the rack on a fastbreak, who can stop them !?!? pretty much anyone in the league that can jump and make contact, because they're toddlers in size compared to Bron.

when LeBron gets out on a fastbreak with a full head of steam, everyone clears out - even Karl Malone would get pummeled standing in front of Bron. hell, Bron weighs as much or MORE than Malone in his prime.

pfffft, Jordan was an athletic kid in his prime and there was never anyone like him up until that era, but he never had the size and power of Bron.

we are watcvhing a legend in the making - there will never be another 6'8" 260lb basketball player that is faster than Jordan, as powerful in the paint as Shaq and Barkley, can pass like Magic and that can score literally at will against anyone.

Jordan couldn't pass like Bron, he couldn't rebound like Bron and he couldn't shoot 3's like Bron.

and get this - for the last 7 years Bron's FG% has gotten better EVERY SINGLE YEAR !!!!!

so, in short, from the field and from behind the 3pt line, Bron is still a better player...

Bron can get to the basket better because of his quicks and size...Jordan was a child at only 195lbs compared to Bron's 260+.

one thing that Jordan does better than Bron is defense - Jordan was an animal on defense.

Jordan didn't start winning championships until there were multiple all-stars surrounding him on the floor - remind you of anyone ??

again, Bron made his first finals appearence when he was 23 years old - and his team consisted of roll players and a fan that won a Cavaliers contest during one of the halftime games....

Bron can play every position on the floor, and ghas on several occasions.

Jordan could play 2 positions at best, because he was limited by his size and athletic ability - i would have never ever thought i'd say that Jordan was limited by his athletic ability, but when you compare him to bron, that statement is 100% legit.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST