BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GT Haus

10-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
houston06
Private First Class

Drives: bmw328i 07 coupe

Iranian President

Hey I got forwarded some of these articles, ofcourse I am a proud American and do not necesserily agree with him and them, but they are an interesting read for an intellectual to consider both sides of the argument and about his recent visit to NY check it out:
Anti-Zionist Orthodox Rabbis meet with Iranian President, Dr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Monday Sep. 24, '07 in the Intercontinental Hotel, at 48th St. and Lexington Ave. New York City at 9:00am anti-Zionist Orthdox Rabbis met with Iranian President Ahmadinejad then participated in a counter demonstration against protestors of the Iranian President in the Dag Hamerskold Plaza at the United Nations followed by a counter demonstration during the speech of the Iranian president at Colombia University.

To understand why the Rabbis met with President Ahmadinejad and attended the counter-protest demonstrations against the Zionists who oppose the Iranian President, read the Press Release below.

PRESS RELEASE ISSUED SEPTEMBER 23, 2007:

Rabbis Say Iran Seeks Peace, Respects Judaism -- Calls for True Dialogue With Ahmadinejad

Today! President Ahmadinejad meets Orthodox Rabbis

Meeting will take place today Monday Sep. 24, '07 in the Intercontinental Hotel, at 48th St. and Lexington Ave. New York City at 9:00am. Followed by statements for the press.

A Counter demonstration against protestors of the Iranian President will take place the same day at 12:00 noon at Second Ave. between 46th and 47th Streets in NYC

Followed by counter demonstration during the speech of the Iranian president at Colombia University.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York City, September 23, 2007

Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss, spokesman of Neturei Karta International, issued the following statement on the eve of the group's meeting with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"It is always our pleasure to visit with President Ahmadinejad. This will be the third such meeting, in addition to our many visits to Iran in the past. We have each time emphasized to the Iranian leadership that, despite media hysteria and the statements of some misinformed Jews, we have found the Iranian people and their leaders to be friendly and respectful."

"Likewise, although we as Jews are not to be involved in politics, (According to Jewish law, Jewish people are required to be loyal citizens to the countries wherein they reside), We have found the Iranian President to be a deeply religious man, dedicated to a peaceful world, based on mutual respect, fairness and dialogue."

"Judaism seeks peace. Unfortunately, there are some Jews today, influenced by the barely century old, philosophy of Zionism, who feel that the proper Jewish response to enemies, be they real or fantasized, is aggression and calls for violence and unfortunately attempts to drag other nations down the path of war."

"It as sad that so few have actually attempted to speak to the Iranian President or seek the true opinion of Iranian Jewry who live in peace and practice their faith throughout that nation. We have met this man who has demonstrated time and again that he is sincerely interested in the well being of Iran's Jewish community and has deep respect for world Jewry and their Torah faith, The Zionist attempt to socially isolate this man and his people is immoral and disastrous"

"Zionism is antithetical to Torah beliefs. It believes in creating our own sovereign entity which is expressly forbidden due to the Divine decree of exile. This ideology leads to aggression against nations and is incarnated in the State of "Israel". This State continually oppresses other people in the name of Judaism and the entire Jewish people. This movement has exacerbated anti Semitism throughout the world. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad understands this distinction between traditional Judaism and Zionist distortion."

"We view our approach to Iran as a model for all Jews and all mankind. The Torah is the Almighty's blueprint of mercy and justice for all creation. We have followed this modal in our dealings with the Iranian President and found in him an individual dedicated to these same ideals. There is much to be gained by talking and listening and everything to be lost by raising the rhetoric in the direction of war." � The grave tragedy of our era is the inordinate power garnered by Zionism, whose acceptance of force as the only means to reconcile conflicts, has influenced some to abandon Torah fundamentals. We hope and pray that they too will adopt the traditional Jewish approach of dialogue, respect and reconciliation."

"War is a horrible thing. The dark clouds of a future conflict are now on the horizon in the Middle East. Torah Jewry hopes and prays that this may yet be averted."

In conclusion says Rabbi Weiss, "Out of great respect to the Iranian Nation and their leadership we proudly welcome the Honorable President Ahmadinejad to New York, WELCOME!"
On order- Jet Black e92 328i coupe... Saddle Brown Interior....Premium...Sports...Comfort...Park Distance....Picked it up, wow...loving the 328 sport wheels and the combination inside out more than i imagined!,,,,
      10-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #2
houston06
Private First Class

another one:
Iranian University Chancellors Ask Bollinger 10 Questions

Seven chancellors and presidents of Iranian universities and research centers, in a letter addressed to their counterpart in the US, Colombia University, denounced Lee Bollinger's insulting words against the Iranian nation and president and invited him to provide responses to 10 questions by Iranian academics and intellectuals.

The following is the full text of the letter:

Mr. Lee Bollinger
Columbia University President

We, the professors and heads of universities and research institutions in Tehran, hereby announce our displeasure and protest at your impolite remarks prior to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's recent speech at Columbia University.

We would like to inform you that President Ahmadinejad was elected directly by the Iranian people through an enthusiastic two-round poll in which almost all of the country's political parties and groups participated. To assess the quality and nature of these elections you may refer to US news reports on the poll dated June 2005.

Your insult, in a scholarly atmosphere, to the president of a country with a population of 72 million and a recorded history of 7,000 years of civilization and culture is deeply shameful.

Your comments, filled with hate and disgust, may well have been influenced by extreme pressure from the media, but it is regrettable that media policy-makers can determine the stance a university president adopts in his speech.

Your remarks about our country included unsubstantiated accusations that were the product of guesswork as well as media propaganda. Some of your claims result from misunderstandings that can be clarified through dialogue and further research.

During his speech, Mr. Ahmadinejad answered a number of your questions and those of students. We are prepared to answer any remaining questions in a scientific, open and direct debate.

You asked the president approximately ten questions. Allow us to ask you ten of our own questions in the hope that your response will help clear the atmosphere of misunderstanding and distrust between our two countries and reveal the truth.

1- Why did the US media put you under so much pressure to prevent Mr. Ahmadinejad from delivering his speech at Columbia University? And why have American TV networks been broadcasting hours of news reports insulting our president while refusing to allow him the opportunity to respond? Is this not against the principle of freedom of speech?

2- Why, in 1953, did the US administration overthrow Iran's national government under Dr Mohammad Mosaddegh and go on to support the Shah's dictatorship?

3- Why did the US support the blood-thirsty dictator Saddam Hussein during the 1980-88 Iraqi-imposed war on Iran, considering his reckless use of chemical weapons against Iranian soldiers defending their land and even against his own people?

4- Why is the US putting pressure on the government elected by the majority of Palestinians in Gaza instead of officially recognizing it? And why does it oppose Iran's proposal to resolve the 60-year-old Palestinian issue through a general referendum?

5- Why has the US military failed to find Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden even with all its advanced equipment? How do you justify the old friendship between the Bush and Bin Laden families and their cooperation on oil deals? How can you justify the Bush administration's efforts to disrupt investigations concerning the September 11 attacks?

6- Why does the US administration support the Mujahedin Khalq Organization (MKO) despite the fact that the group has officially and openly accepted the responsibility for numerous deadly bombings and massacres in Iran and Iraq? Why does the US refuse to allow Iran's current government to act against the MKO's main base in Iraq?

7- Was the US invasion of Iraq based on international consensus and did international institutions support it? What was the real purpose behind the invasion which has claimed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives? Where are the weapons of mass destruction that the US claimed were being stockpiled in Iraq?

8- Why do America's closest allies in the Middle East come from extremely undemocratic governments with absolutist monarchical regimes?

9- Why did the US oppose the plan for a Middle East free of unconventional weapons in the recent session of the International Atomic Energy Agency Board of Governors despite the fact the move won the support of all members other than Israel?

10- Why is the US displeased with Iran's agreement with the IAEA and why does it openly oppose any progress in talks between Iran and the agency to resolve the nuclear issue under international law?

Finally, we would like to express our readiness to invite you and other scientific delegations to our country. A trip to Iran would allow you and your colleagues to speak directly with Iranians from all walks of life including intellectuals and university scholars. You could then assess the realities of Iranian society without media censorship before making judgments about the Iranian nation and government.

You can be assured that Iranians are very polite and hospitable toward their guests.
On order- Jet Black e92 328i coupe... Saddle Brown Interior....Premium...Sports...Comfort...Park Distance....Picked it up, wow...loving the 328 sport wheels and the combination inside out more than i imagined!,,,,
      10-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #3
houston06
Private First Class

A letter to Mr. Lee Bollinger
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:53:52

M. J. A. Larijani, President OF THE Institute for Studies in Theoretical Physics and Mathematics (IPM)
Mr. Lee Bollinger

The President of Columbia University

Dear Sir,

I wish to register my deepest regret in regard to your remarkably discourteous introductory remarks to President Ahmadinejad. Your class act as an arbiter at the University of Columbia was nothing short of disgrace. It lacked professionalism especially given the fact that Mr. Ahmadinejad had not even been given the chance to speak. And it clearly undermined your repeatedly made claim that the event upheld free speech. Fortunately, this age, despite all its cruelty and barbarity, is an age of transparency, which is why not even liberals can hide themselves behind their usual covers these days.

What happened yesterday merely displayed utter conceit and petty politics showing who it was that really lacked civility. Trying to humiliate an invited guest, an elected President of a sovereign country, before an international media only reflects the culture of an insular and bigoted society. One wonders if your reaction had anything to do with donors threatening to withdraw funds from Columbia. It is incredulous that a respected American university chose to turn this meeting into a show trial of Iranian policies. So much for academic integrity and intellectual honesty.

Your crass, ill-mannered and duplicitous greeting of President Ahmadinejad amounted to a crude planned ambush. It is just unbelievable that someone who is simply questioning elements of the US foreign policy and refuses to be a US client should be submitted to such a systematic harassment.

If anybody wanted any proof that Israeli lobby controls US foreign policy, media, academic, etc., he has found plenty of evidence today. It has been noted that the protests against Iran at the UN and at Columbia were primarily made up of Israeli advocacy groups. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with that, but it highlights, among other things, AIPAC's influence not only on US foreign policy but also in the mainstream academia.

One could be forgiven for thinking that what happened yesterday at Columbia University represents the typical mindset of the present American ruling elite: delusionally arrogant, insolent and insensitive to the rest of the world. A sad spectacle since they have become so politically isolated that they are even incapable of learning from their past experiences.

It is extremely dishonest and manipulative to call into question the Iranian President's integrity when in reality it is the USA that is responsible for the misery and death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and total destruction of their country. America is the same country that installed a medieval Shah with its secret SAVAK police after removing the democratically government of Dr Mosaddeq which in turn led to the hundreds of thousands of Iranians being killed and tortured by an Israeli trained police force. Ever since its inception, the Islamic Republic of Iran has been subject to countless destabilizing attempts by the US. But it has thwarted them all. The 8-year old war with Iraq, when all Western countries were helping their then good old chum Saddam, failed to bring this country to its knees. We do not think that the current drive towards waging a new war on Iran will stand a better chance of success.

In any case, yesterday was an opportunity to show the world that the USA is an open country that will challenge its opponents with appropriate compassion and honest debate. Instead, your decision to gather all Zionist-manufacture d anti-Iranian appellations, pile them up on the stage, and throw them shamelessly at your invited guest, will become the black page of ignominy in Columbia University's history.

With regards,

M. J. A. Larijani
President
Institute for Studies in Theoretical Physics and Mathematics (IPM)
      10-07-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
houston06
Private First Class

those are interesting reads on how it insulted some people over there on how he was treated although he was an invited guest to the school...interesting stuff, probably controversial and offensive to the those ignorant who can not listen to the otherside of an argument. I don't have to agree with this, but as a student and learner to be fair to judge, i should listen to both sides and it makes for interesting reading and debate material
      10-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
i like it how you put that disclaimer that you dont agree with him on the first line!

just telling people they shouldnt agree either, like it's wrong to agree. let them read first then agree or disagree
!Xoible is offline   United_States
      10-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #6
houston06
Private First Class

yea everyone has their opinion, I think this argument poses valid arguments as well which makes it interesting to read; main thing i don't agree with is the in general thep resident and the regime and some of the offensive things he has said towards the jews, btu then I also hear him in other interviews and it seems hes not given a chacne to clarify it and he seems not to be saynig what the media keeps telling people this guy is about...so its interesting...but alot of hardcore people just to listen ive seen them put down people
      10-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #7
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
i dont think he's a problem with jews, but he's a problem with zionists
!Xoible is offline   United_States
      10-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
TheCyrax
Private First Class

Drives: 2004 Acura MDX

I don't think he was trying to convince anyone to agree or disagree.
It was more of a flame preventer than anything.
      10-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #9
houston06
Private First Class

exactly..
      10-08-2007, 08:05 AM   #10
Major

Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
i dont think he's a problem with jews, but he's a problem with zionists
Bingo.

Unfortunately most Americans dont understand the difference, and the puppet masters want to keep it that way.

And guess what is the only country in the Middle East outside of Israel with an elected member of Parliament who is Jewish...yep, Iran.