BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Sapper_M3
Lieutenant
Sapper_M3's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
575
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Open Track/HPDE at Autobahn Country Club, 06 April 2013

Gents,

With the winter coming to a close, I've been searching around for good track events (I'm in the mid-Missouri area, but I'm willing to drive on the weekends for good events).

If anyone still has their schedule clear for 06 April, I found this Open Track/HPDE at the Autobahn Country Club (Joliet, Illinois--pretty close to Chicago). Just thought I'd pass the word along; I'm always interested in checking out other forum members' M3s (and always looking for ideas for mods...).

Information can be found (or, at least, this is where I found it) here: http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmE...event_id=13561

DISCLAIMER: Not sure exactly what the rules are on "promoting events," and hopefully I'm not violating any rules here. I can say, though, that I am NOT affiliated with GPS Track Time (running the event) or the Autobahn Country Club in any way. Just an M3Post member looking to see some other M3s out there on the course!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Killerfish2012
Major
21
Rep
1,405
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
Gents,

With the winter coming to a close, I've been searching around for good track events (I'm in the mid-Missouri area, but I'm willing to drive on the weekends for good events).

If anyone still has their schedule clear for 06 April, I found this Open Track/HPDE at the Autobahn Country Club (Joliet, Illinois--pretty close to Chicago). Just thought I'd pass the word along; I'm always interested in checking out other forum members' M3s (and always looking for ideas for mods...).

Information can be found (or, at least, this is where I found it) here: http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmE...event_id=13561

DISCLAIMER: Not sure exactly what the rules are on "promoting events," and hopefully I'm not violating any rules here. I can say, though, that I am NOT affiliated with GPS Track Time (running the event) or the Autobahn Country Club in any way. Just an M3Post member looking to see some other M3s out there on the course!
North Circuit for $250 is too much. MVPtracktime offers the full track in June and in August for the same price. Just saying.
__________________
E90 335I: FBO +wavetrac LSD
E92 M3: K&N, Rouge Engineering Pulleys, Macht Schnell Test Pipes, Pagid S, V1
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Sapper_M3
Lieutenant
Sapper_M3's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
575
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
North Circuit for $250 is too much. MVPtracktime offers the full track in June and in August for the same price. Just saying.
Well, I just signed up, so I guess it's too late for me! Honestly, though, I'm fine with the price--I can't wait until June. I figure I'll do this event in early April, and then if I like the track, I may come back for the MVP Tracktime events in June and August.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
klammer
Brigadier General
40
Rep
3,244
Posts

 
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

iTrader: (0)

Out of town that weekend, but the full track is (to me) much better and different than just the north or south. The north course feels like an oval a bit to me, but is more technical, and is sure a lot of fun. Price isn't as important as availability for me, if the times fit, it's on! Report back and let us now how you like it. It's a great local track for us Chicogoans.
__________________
mods: akra evo, dinan 3.45 diff, ess akra tune, dinan stg.3, Alcon bbk, HRE P40
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
Porschefile
Major
Porschefile's Avatar
16
Rep
1,233
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
North Circuit for $250 is too much. MVPtracktime offers the full track in June and in August for the same price. Just saying.
I've never heard of any track outfit charging less for running a certain configuration at the same track. I can't with a straight face recommend MVP either.

I'd go if to this if I was free that day.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Killerfish2012
Major
21
Rep
1,405
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
I've never heard of any track outfit charging less for running a certain configuration at the same track. I can't with a straight face recommend MVP either.

I'd go if to this if I was free that day.
+1! The guy's a Jerk, but he's my only opportunity this year for the full circuit @ $250.
__________________
E90 335I: FBO +wavetrac LSD
E92 M3: K&N, Rouge Engineering Pulleys, Macht Schnell Test Pipes, Pagid S, V1
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Sapper_M3
Lieutenant
Sapper_M3's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
575
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Out of town that weekend, but the full track is (to me) much better and different than just the north or south. The north course feels like an oval a bit to me, but is more technical, and is sure a lot of fun. Price isn't as important as availability for me, if the times fit, it's on! Report back and let us now how you like it. It's a great local track for us Chicogoans.
Will do!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
Chicago
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: DD Lexus IS 350
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Hi everyone, my name's Jimmy and I'm new to this forum. First, I'd like to say I am very grateful and humbled by this thread. I started GPS Track Time and truly excited for my first season of hosting events. I did want to clarify one thing though.

The aforementioned $250 fee includes the use of a GPS data acquisition unit and custom report. Without that option is $230. I won't say much more since I've not read the forum rules yet.

Thanks everyone and hope to meet some of you! If all goes well, my future track car will indeed need your assistance. E46 or 1M? hmm...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
Chicago
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: DD Lexus IS 350
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

I managed to walk over to this meet: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793291
and met some awesome members.

Unfortunately, through the two 1M owners, found out that used 1M's are going for around $60k! Looks like no future 1M track car for me. Shame, they are even more beautiful in person.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
Killerfish2012
Major
21
Rep
1,405
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (4)

Don't mean to threadJack or nothing, but If anyone wants to come to the Hooked on driving event @ the Autobahn Country Club on the 29th (full course) feel free to join me. Today is the last day to sign up for $285 (PM me for a $25 coupon for first timers with HOD). After today it's $315.
__________________
E90 335I: FBO +wavetrac LSD
E92 M3: K&N, Rouge Engineering Pulleys, Macht Schnell Test Pipes, Pagid S, V1
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
mkPOTO's Avatar
200
Rep
15,637
Posts

 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
awesome im in!
__________________

EVOLVE E600 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
Killerfish2012
Major
21
Rep
1,405
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
awesome im in!
have you signed up?
__________________
E90 335I: FBO +wavetrac LSD
E92 M3: K&N, Rouge Engineering Pulleys, Macht Schnell Test Pipes, Pagid S, V1
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST