BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
GTB Performance
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
10

 
turbocoins's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Warm Climate


Posts: 751
iTrader: (0)

335 i vs. SRT-8

I have had the opportunity in the past 3 days to go up against 2 SRT-8s. Both were at interstate speeds. First was a Jeep SRT-8, then a Charger SRT-8. Approx sea level.

Clearly, the Charger was faster than the Jeep. 4 runs with the Jeep. I pulled constantly each time, same result. It wasn't even close. With the Charger, I got a bit of a jump, and pulled maybe 2-3 CLs from 60-110.

Any other experience? I remember the long Jeep SRT-8 post from a few months ago. Thought I would bring it up again since I had the 2 opportunities this week.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
RiXst3r
153

 
RiXst3r's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio


Posts: 6,505
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to RiXst3r
dammit, not one of these threads again... the last srt-8 thread was like 50 pages long, and full of a bunch of pissy street racing mopar munchers
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
AKbmw
Colonel
Armenia
66

 
AKbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Sport LCI
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: LA


Posts: 2,922
iTrader: (12)

yes, from a roll the jeep has no chance agains the 335.. but try from a dig. my bro has one with an intake and exhaust.. it takes about 100mph for me to start gaining on him.. can never take him.. from a roll tough.. get him everytime
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
10

 
turbocoins's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Warm Climate


Posts: 751
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKbmw View Post
yes, from a roll the jeep has no chance agains the 335.. but try from a dig. my bro has one with an intake and exhaust.. it takes about 100mph for me to start gaining on him.. can never take him.. from a roll tough.. get him everytime
Are you stock?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
slick101
Lieutenant
United_States
13

 
slick101's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ny


Posts: 558
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
I have had the opportunity in the past 3 days to go up against 2 SRT-8s. Both were at interstate speeds. First was a Jeep SRT-8, then a Charger SRT-8. Approx sea level.

Clearly, the Charger was faster than the Jeep. 4 runs with the Jeep. I pulled constantly each time, same result. It wasn't even close. With the Charger, I got a bit of a jump, and pulled maybe 2-3 CLs from 60-110.

Any other experience? I remember the long Jeep SRT-8 post from a few months ago. Thought I would bring it up again since I had the 2 opportunities this week.
are u proceeded...? i had a run with an srt8 charger couple of months ago... i lost ,not by much but i lost...we did from a dig though... and i was completely stock....
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
533ogetnom
Banned
23

 
Drives: 335coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida


Posts: 1,760
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
I have had the opportunity in the past 3 days to go up against 2 SRT-8s. Both were at interstate speeds. First was a Jeep SRT-8, then a Charger SRT-8. Approx sea level.

Clearly, the Charger was faster than the Jeep. 4 runs with the Jeep. I pulled constantly each time, same result. It wasn't even close. With the Charger, I got a bit of a jump, and pulled maybe 2-3 CLs from 60-110.

Any other experience? I remember the long Jeep SRT-8 post from a few months ago. Thought I would bring it up again since I had the 2 opportunities this week.
i tore a charger srt-8 a new one (in good fun) about a dozen or so times on my way to atlanta last week, only to find out later it was an attractive blonde woman in her 30s

we came up on a pair of cops @ about 120 and slammed on the brakes about 300 feet from them, we were sweating really bad

havent come across a jeep, but i would assume they have much lower gearing
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #7
Flat Out 32
First Lieutenant
United_States
9

 
Flat Out 32's Avatar
 
Drives: my feet.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South FL


Posts: 372
iTrader: (2)

What about with a 300C SRT? Anyone has taken on one of these?
__________________

Georgie Vazquez
Mayaguez, PR
R.I.P. 335i, 010 135i here!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
sflgator
Major General
81

 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.


Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
I have had the opportunity in the past 3 days to go up against 2 SRT-8s. Both were at interstate speeds. First was a Jeep SRT-8, then a Charger SRT-8. Approx sea level.

Clearly, the Charger was faster than the Jeep. 4 runs with the Jeep. I pulled constantly each time, same result. It wasn't even close. With the Charger, I got a bit of a jump, and pulled maybe 2-3 CLs from 60-110.

Any other experience? I remember the long Jeep SRT-8 post from a few months ago. Thought I would bring it up again since I had the 2 opportunities this week.
Nice....same results as my experiences with 3 SRT-8s in the past (300C SRT-8, Charger SRT-8, and a Jeep GC SRT-8). The most challenging run I had out of the three was with the Charger SRT-8 from a launch at a light...he got a jump, but were were dead even until I hit 3rd gear, when I began to pull on him by 1.5-2 CLs until we shut it down @ ~ 110mph. The other 2 runs I had with the other SRT-8s were also at hwy. speeds, and they were both walked by me. :rocks:

Good job, Turbocoins!!!
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #9
sflgator
Major General
81

 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.


Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Out 32 View Post
What about with a 300C SRT? Anyone has taken on one of these?
Yep, I walked one on the hwy. (several times) by many CLs; he couldn't keep up at all.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #10
AKbmw
Colonel
Armenia
66

 
AKbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Sport LCI
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: LA


Posts: 2,922
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
Are you stock?
other than magnaflow mufflers im stock
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #11
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
26

 
purplewidow's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,928
iTrader: (2)

see you have to do what i do and you'll beat cars by more than a lousy 1-2 CL's and lousy srt's....race in your dreams i beat a Ferrari f1, McLaren f1, and Renault F1 all current models last night by 3-4 CL's it was fuckin sweet!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:19 PM   #12
sflgator
Major General
81

 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.


Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
see you have to do what i do and you'll beat cars by more than a lousy 1-2 CL's and lousy srt's....race in your dreams i beat a Ferrari f1, McLaren f1, and Renault F1 all current models last night by 3-4 CL's it was fuckin sweet!!!!!
The power of suggestion and positive thinking works...your dreams really can come true.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #13
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
10

 
turbocoins's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Warm Climate


Posts: 751
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick101 View Post
are u proceeded...? i had a run with an srt8 charger couple of months ago... i lost ,not by much but i lost...we did from a dig though... and i was completely stock....
Procede v. 1.45. Otherwise stock.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #14
hotrod182
.
81

 
hotrod182's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i, 06 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California


Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Out 32 View Post
What about with a 300C SRT? Anyone has taken on one of these?
According to the Road and Track test results, the 300C SRT8 is supposed to run with the GTO. It is faster than the Magnum, and I believe the Charger too. At Bakersfield, the guy in the Charger told me he should run in the 12's but actually turned a 14.6. He left after that. My M3 ran a 13.5 on the same day, same track. (which was right in the thick of the GTO times). The Procede 335i (Driver 72), almost ran a 13 flat.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #15
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
10

 
turbocoins's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Warm Climate


Posts: 751
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 533ogetnom View Post
i tore a charger srt-8 a new one (in good fun) about a dozen or so times on my way to atlanta last week, only to find out later it was an attractive blonde woman in her 30s

we came up on a pair of cops @ about 120 and slammed on the brakes about 300 feet from them, we were sweating really bad

havent come across a jeep, but i would assume they have much lower gearing
Yes, the Jeep is a whole different (and lesser) beast at highway speeds. Poor aerodynamics--it's much slower. The AWD traction from a dig may be a different story.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #16
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
10

 
turbocoins's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Warm Climate


Posts: 751
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
The power of suggestion and positive thinking works...your dreams really can come true.
So true, so true. :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #17
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
10

 
turbocoins's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Warm Climate


Posts: 751
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 533ogetnom View Post
i tore a charger srt-8 a new one (in good fun) about a dozen or so times on my way to atlanta last week, only to find out later it was an attractive blonde woman in her 30s

we came up on a pair of cops @ about 120 and slammed on the brakes about 300 feet from them, we were sweating really bad

havent come across a jeep, but i would assume they have much lower gearing
By the way, here you are again. You have too much time on your hands to post because you're not installing my CDV delete (notice, I changed the wording and the misspelling from last time).
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #18
533ogetnom
Banned
23

 
Drives: 335coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida


Posts: 1,760
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
By the way, here you are again. You have too much time on your hands to post because you're not installing my CDV delete (notice, I changed the wording and the misspelling from last time).
get your ass to orlando i said i would do em for people


still sounds funny the way you say it "your not installing removing my CDV" is how i read it

i did a 330 a little while back, the 335 is SO much easier, two spring clips a tug and your done (w/o bleeding) Vs the 330 which required three different wrench sized and a serious amount of rotations (like 50) to get it all apart
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #19
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
10

 
turbocoins's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Warm Climate


Posts: 751
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 533ogetnom View Post
get your ass to orlando i said i would do em for people


still sounds funny the way you say it "your not installing removing my CDV" is how i read it

i did a 330 a little while back, the 335 is SO much easier, two spring clips a tug and your done (w/o bleeding) Vs the 330 which required three different wrench sized and a serious amount of rotations (like 50) to get it all apart
OK, I'll try to find a time that works. But......no fake BOV for me!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #20
RRGOO7
Colonel
114

 
RRGOO7's Avatar
 
Drives: GTR
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami FL


Posts: 2,445
iTrader: (13)

a srt8 charger pulled on me nicely from about 40-100
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #21
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
51

 
Drives: 335i, M6
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dallas TX


Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to schneid4323
I destroyed a Caymann S last night....
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #22
533ogetnom
Banned
23

 
Drives: 335coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida


Posts: 1,760
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
OK, I'll try to find a time that works. But......no fake BOV for me!
haha lol i told you i was on and off with that shit, i put it back to normal again, i cant decide, it goes against my conscious thought, but at the same time i have that primal need to go RAWRR PHEAR MY TURBOS
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST