BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Evolve Automotive

09-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #45
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
There, I took the 15 minutes and did a partial search. It is by no means comprehensive and I am not going to spend more time on it. Below are 5 more separate threads apart from the one I referenced earlier where info on US military pricing is posted/discussed. The last thread is specifically about that and runs for 4 pages. I am sure there are more posts.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...light=military

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ilitary&page=3

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ry#post1182962

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ary#post827028

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...light=military

And, my answer is no. I really do think you are acting strange, and way over-reacting to a simple "why is your source credible" question. If I posted similar information here, I would expect to get a similar question, and would not be bothered by it. Now, I'm really done with this exchange.
I expected about as much, you can stop with the sarcastic crap

As for my sources, well I want them to remain sources so no I won't give them up
      09-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #46
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletproof View Post
Just curious... how will you be getting access to the Press Days 13-14th? I will be in Germany during that time and want to go, but didnt think it was possible, thinking it was only available to the Press on those days...

I fly out on the 15th, so I'll miss the Public Days.

Thanks for any info!

I am going the 11-12th with an invite from someone I know in the industry
13-14 are dealer/trade days as was said, If you go and claim to be part of a Garage-Dealership you can buy a ticket, print a business card if you can with your name on it and you will get enough mail to last you a long time

I fly out the 13th I believe as well

Hope the weather improves

09-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #47
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep

Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Whew. Back to the original gist of the post...

Maybe we really can't set an exact production/release date yet for US cars because M-DCT is still in development.... although BMW is estimating Spring 2008 at this point...

If i recall correctly, there were a few delays with the E46 M3's launch as well..... something about engines or headers getting so damned hot they'd light the turf beneath them on fire while parked....
Tell me about it- my whole damn front yard caught on fire from my E46 M3!

No.... it didn't but what a thought..............

There was a delay- the cars were supposed to arrive here in Jan 01 and took almost another 2 months....

Anything is possible but gmund just seems too cocky about his info and will not reveal his source. If he doesn't want to reveal them that's his choice but to come off as if it's gospel is something else. No one has to reveal any sources on here but then again we don't have to believe anything we think is BS or at least questionable either............
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 03:00 AM   #48
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Tell me about it- my whole damn front yard caught on fire from my E46 M3!

No.... it didn't but what a thought..............

There was a delay- the cars were supposed to arrive here in Jan 01 and took almost another 2 months....

Anything is possible but gmund just seems too cocky about his info and will not reveal his source. If he doesn't want to reveal them that's his choice but to come off as if it's gospel is something else. No one has to reveal any sources on here but then again we don't have to believe anything we think is BS or at least questionable either............

Very True, Delays do happen

Sorry I will not reveal my source, but I rely on that source. When I attend The auto show on 9/11-12 or the M-3 Drive at the Track in October I will see if things have changed

I Ask that if I am quoted I am quoted completely, and if you challenge what I say have some basis other than he said or she said.

I post only because I get what I get, and you are free to believe or not
I don't write Gospels :

cheers

Last edited by gmund1948; 09-04-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #49
JEllis
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
I think people will only be surprised by that fact because so many people have wildly speculated about the price being in the low to mid $60s. With no real basis, people started placing the new M3 around $65k because the RS4 was so overpriced at $66k. Just have to throw some common sense at the situation.
Very good point and not one I have really considered much.

I agree it is possible to assume that a lot of people, journalists included, are estimating the price based upon its competition. Assuming that the BMW would be priced in a similar bracket as its Audi counterpart.

Maybe it is just hard to believe an M3 could have RS4, Porsche, AMG like performance at a huge price discount??? Oh wait...hasnt that been the case all along?

Interesting fact for you gents:

"Car and Driver" stepped outside the mold and in their latest M3 test put an estimated "price as tested" at 60K. The car they tested had 18's so I could see this being a possibility with a 55k base price.
      09-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #50
kishg
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2003 540i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlgrau View Post
Or a Vette. Or a Lotus.
try driving a lotus to work everyday.. vette, not my cup of tea.. ok, ok, so maybe i am badge conscious! there, i admit it!
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
Appreciate 0