BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #67
MaxL
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 931
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
I moved my deposit from an RS to a GT3 - I may move back if the RS comes in a manual. I'm planning on doing EU delivery next spring rather than taking the car in September.

Either way, here's the spec i'm probably going with www.porsche-code.com/PEXT8JU4

The bigger question is who is going to spec in Voice Control in their GT3?
Haha - I am getting the same config and color except no sport chrono, but with carbon fiber interior. I'll probably not get the red seat belts either.
MaxL is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #68
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Haha - I am getting the same config and color except no sport chrono, but with carbon fiber interior. I'll probably not get the red seat belts either.
Why no sport chrono? You'll lose out on the dynamic engine mounts. And you'll hurt your resale value.

K.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #69
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadz View Post
anyone have an idea on actual delivery dates thus far?
This Fall for people who've put deposits in.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #70
MaxL
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 931
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
Why no sport chrono? You'll lose out on the dynamic engine mounts. And you'll hurt your resale value.

K.
AFAIK, in GT3 sport chrono is just a clock and some numbers on the navi. Engine mounts and launch control are standard. That explains the extremely low price of sport chrono compared to the one in C2S.
MaxL is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #71
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
AFAIK, in GT3 sport chrono is just a clock and some numbers on the navi. Engine mounts and launch control are standard. That explains the extremely low price of sport chrono compared to the one in C2S.
Youre right. I didnt know that the mounts were standard on the gt3.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #72
cornutodeuce
Private First Class
 
Drives: The Deux
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

In the pipeline.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/po...packing-500hp/
cornutodeuce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #73
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornutodeuce View Post
I had heard that the new RS will have a 4L engine, with 525-550HP. The price point I heard was the same as quoted in the article.

I just found out my sister got a professorship in the US - I might use her to buy my GT3 in the states, and save myself $20K. That'll be just enough to pay for the GT2 seats, rollbar and harnesses.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #74
mohammadz
Major
 
Drives: M3, 991 GT3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,191
iTrader: (7)

just finalized our order today...no firm date given yet, but looks like Dec/Jan @ DFC Toronto.
__________________
KW CS|Akrapovic GT4|Volk Racing TE37|ZCP|Rogue Engineering SSK|LUX|Macht Schnell|AiM Solo|RD Sport|Challenge|ProjectMu
mohammadz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #75
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadz View Post
just finalized our order today...no firm date given yet, but looks like Dec/Jan @ DFC Toronto.
Sweet! What options did you get!?
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #76
MaxL
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 931
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
I had heard that the new RS will have a 4L engine, with 525-550HP. The price point I heard was the same as quoted in the article.

I just found out my sister got a professorship in the US - I might use her to buy my GT3 in the states, and save myself $20K. That'll be just enough to pay for the GT2 seats, rollbar and harnesses.
Congrats on professorship - it's a tough market out there! If you get the GT3 in the states, you may need to look around - most places I called two months back had 1-4 people with deposits in line already.
MaxL is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #77
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Congrats on professorship - it's a tough market out there! If you get the GT3 in the states, you may need to look around - most places I called two months back had 1-4 people with deposits in line already.
I'll pass the congrats along to my sis, thanks!

I'm not fussed about the line. I was 4 at DFC, but since I'm looking at doing ED in the spring of 2014, the number really doesn't matter. Plus ED in the US doesn't come out of the dealer's allocation.

Plus there are 6 dealers in Michigan to choose from, so i've got lots of options. I'm going to start calling them on Saturday.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #78
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,905
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
I'll pass the congrats along to my sis, thanks!

I'm not fussed about the line. I was 4 at DFC, but since I'm looking at doing ED in the spring of 2014, the number really doesn't matter. Plus ED in the US doesn't come out of the dealer's allocation.

Plus there are 6 dealers in Michigan to choose from, so i've got lots of options. I'm going to start calling them on Saturday.
Sweet! No sense getting screwed up here if you dont need too!

Thats great news for your sis, and more importantly you if you can get a new car from the US lol
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #79
mohammadz
Major
 
Drives: M3, 991 GT3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,191
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
Sweet! What options did you get!?
This is how we ended up building it

http://www.porsche-code.com/PEACXYS3
__________________
KW CS|Akrapovic GT4|Volk Racing TE37|ZCP|Rogue Engineering SSK|LUX|Macht Schnell|AiM Solo|RD Sport|Challenge|ProjectMu
mohammadz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #80
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,905
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadz View Post
This is how we ended up building it

http://www.porsche-code.com/PEACXYS3
Nice!

I will have to post mine up, It seems I make a changes on a daily basis but I think I am settled on what I am going with
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #81
mohammadz
Major
 
Drives: M3, 991 GT3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,191
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Nice!

I will have to post mine up, It seems I make a changes on a daily basis but I think I am settled on what I am going with
Tell me about it! Thankfully the car has so few options :P
mohammadz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #82
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadz View Post
Tell me about it! Thankfully the car has so few options :P
Don't forget the smoker's package! It's free and covers the stupid little hole at the bottom of the console. It's the one thing I wish my C2S had.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #83
ZWEAPON
Captain
 
Drives: 540 RWHP
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: K/W

Posts: 816
iTrader: (0)

Glad I didn't have that problem with the MP4-12C.
ZWEAPON is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #84
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWEAPON View Post
Glad I didn't have that problem with the MP4-12C.
And the P13 will probably have a whole stack of options too! http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...level-supercar
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #85
ZWEAPON
Captain
 
Drives: 540 RWHP
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: K/W

Posts: 816
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
And the P13 will probably have a whole stack of options too! http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...level-supercar
It should be a great Track WEAPON...
ZWEAPON is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #86
cornutodeuce
Private First Class
 
Drives: The Deux
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWEAPON View Post
It should be a great Track WEAPON...
http://jalopnik.com/watch-a-totally-...quar-456309882

There may be a Substitute.
cornutodeuce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #87
mohammadz
Major
 
Drives: M3, 991 GT3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,191
iTrader: (7)

just got word that we're 15th in line at DFC, not sure how far we may be pushed back in terms of delivery.
__________________
KW CS|Akrapovic GT4|Volk Racing TE37|ZCP|Rogue Engineering SSK|LUX|Macht Schnell|AiM Solo|RD Sport|Challenge|ProjectMu
mohammadz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #88
cornutodeuce
Private First Class
 
Drives: The Deux
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Nice!

I will have to post mine up, It seems I make a changes on a daily basis but I think I am settled on what I am going with
Based upon todays track shenanigans at TMP, it's MP4 12C all da way!
Every gear change and if pulls me by approx 1.5 car lengths.
Can't beat the paddles.

Tony came out with the M3, Very Impressed!
Have some video of one of the passes along the wall, sounds great!
Will post as soon as I compile the video.

cornutodeuce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST