|03-08-2013, 06:58 AM||#1|
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Open Auto-X Days at LRP
It’s the moment many of you have been waiting for... the first-ever open-enrollment Autocross Competitions at Lime Rock Park!
The dates are Friday, March 22, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Tuesday, April 9, 12:00 to 6:00 p.m.; and Tuesday, June 18, 12:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Anyone with a fun car – and we’ll let you define that – can sign-up!
You’ll be driving the full autocross layout, which is eight turns and nearly a half-mile long.
Lime Rock racing instructors will be there to provide feedback, tips and techniques that will make anyone, experienced or not, smoother and faster. In other words, your lap times will drop! Not to mention how much fun this whole thing is...
Toward the end of each of these first three open-enrollment Autocross Competition days, there will be a hand-timed competition as part of our exciting **Fastest Laps of the Year championship
- No experience necessary! This is safe, fast fun, with lots of run-off area
- If you are an experienced autocrosser, you will love this layout – elevation changes, all corner types, and the track is not a sea of cones
- Lime Rock Autocross Competitions are run Rain or Shine
- You do not need a helmet, though you may wear one if you wish
- For the March 22 event, your car cannot exceed 86 decibels. This should not be an issue if you’re running an essentially stock exhaust system
- For the April 9 and June 18 days, you can run un-muffled; there is no db limit for these days
- For food and drink, Lime Rock Catering will have concession stands open
- Restrooms are in the Infield Chalet
- We do not time every lap -- bring your own in-car timing devices if you wish -- but we do time the final sessions for the Fastest Laps of the Year championship (see below)
- Your car must pass a walk-around assessment by the instructors and/or Lime Rock personnel for reasons of safety and appropriateness, including working seatbelts
- You must have a valid drivers license
- The Drivers Meeting and “Chalk Talk” begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. on March 22, and 12:00 noon for the April and June days
- Enter the facility starting at 7:30 a.m. through Lime Rock Park’s Main Entrance, which is 60 White Hollow Road, Lakeville, 06039
Do not pass up these opportunities to drive your car at the limit!
Call 860.435.5000 and ask for Walter Swervin’ Irvine or Ryan Slideways McIntosh to enroll. Enrollment is limited, so it's first come, first served. Don't wait too long to give us a buzz.
The cost is $225 (non-refundable) per driver, not per car.
Hints: Empty your interior and trunk of all items that are not strongly secured... arrive with full fuel... Air-up your tires to 45 lbs., then bleed down as necessary... wear comfortable, non-bulky shoes and clothes... we are not snobby about the kind of car you bring, but please present a clean, safe automobile...
** Fastest Lap Run-offs All through the year, we will keep record of the fastest laps set at the end of the day at each open-enrollment Autocross Competition day. We will continually update the year's 20-fastest laps and post the times/drivers on the LRP website. At the end of the year, the final top 20 "Fastest Lappers" will be invited to enter, free of charge, the “Lime Rock Park Autocross Run-offs,” to crown a champion. The prizes will probably be cheap, tchotchke-esk racing trinkets – but you will have earned huge bragging rights!
Keep an eye on emails from Lime Rock Park for further details of the year-end Autocross Run-offs.
Your Fellow Cone Killers at Lime Rock Park
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|