BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-31-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
 
ruff's Avatar
 
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The mountains of Utah

Posts: 1,184
iTrader: (0)

DCT behind schedule?

Most reports indicate DCT will debut next spring with the introduction of the M3 in the states. Car and Driver's October issue has a different view as stated by the following:

"A six-speed manual is the only tranmission available when the M3 goes on sale next spring. A twin-clutch transmission is expected to debut in a year."
ruff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
ILC32
Lieutenant
 
ILC32's Avatar
 
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Most reports indicate DCT will debut next spring with the introduction of the M3 in the states. Car and Driver's October issue has a different view as stated by the following:

"A six-speed manual is the only tranmission available when the M3 goes on sale next spring. A twin-clutch transmission is expected to debut in a year."
Hopefully C & D is wrong. I am definitely waiting for the DCT.
ILC32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
Niro
Private First Class
 
Drives: Porsche 911 C4S Cab (after M3)
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia (farewell UK!)

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

When I was at the car-show in London's Docklands in June, I previewed the new M3 (including inside the car). As with 'Car and Driver', the BMW guys who were there also said that they expected the non-manual version to be released around late-Spring/ early-Summer 2008. My wait is prolonged...
Niro is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
DonM3
Captain
 
Drives: AW e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

Posts: 629
iTrader: (1)

Yeh was at the same car-show. They told me M-DCT would be ready for March 2008.
Hopefully some new info will be learned from the Frankfurt motor show. I'm going to it and will bust some balls for some answers...
Whatever happens I'm sticking around for M-DCT


Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post
When I was at the car-show in London's Docklands in June, I previewed the new M3 (including inside the car). As with 'Car and Driver', the BMW guys who were there also said that they expected the non-manual version to be released around late-Spring/ early-Summer 2008. My wait is prolonged...
DonM3 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
m_bazeepaymon
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Probably United States is going ot have all of them launched together, even if they lag it up for 6 speed manual drivers by a month or 2 (hope to god no)
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
m_bazeepaymon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2007, 06:11 PM   #6
///MML
Private First Class
 
///MML's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SF

Posts: 153
iTrader: (0)

Only 10 days until the FF motor show and the PR machine gets going. Hopefully we will get some real info on MDCT then. It is a little odd we haven't seen any spy shots of an MDCT car in testing or anything like that. I would really like to have the car in sping08 but with no sightings it's making me wonder if that's possible.
///MML is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
m_bazeepaymon
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MML View Post
Only 10 days until the FF motor show and the PR machine gets going. Hopefully we will get some real info on MDCT then. It is a little odd we haven't seen any spy shots of an MDCT car in testing or anything like that. I would really like to have the car in sping08 but with no sightings it's making me wonder if that's possible.
I think it is very possible...
those spy shots we have seen of the interior being covered has to be M DCT...
i always assumed it... but even if you do not like Assumptions you always need to have that as a possibility
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
m_bazeepaymon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #8
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,476
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to FifthStreetz
i hope they are working their asses off developing it right now. I think for the sake of sales it would be better for BMW to debut both 6sp and DCT. A initial release of only 6sp would only produce lower number of sales.
FifthStreetz is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #9
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,476
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to FifthStreetz
i just got the issue. On a positive note, they said the base price will likely be $7000 more than the 2006 E46 M3, which puts it at about 55-56K.
FifthStreetz is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST