BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #177
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
89
Rep
3,495
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
Hahaha, love the bad boys comment. Just curious though, if someone does have the actual fact and not just a guess, who produced the first built motor E92 M3? I've only recently seen Drews car and now a few other ESS guys going stage 3. I was under the impression that Gintani had done this quite some time ago. I've personally seen two of em together and running, (and running strong mind you lol) one with numerous track days under its belt. I know there were a few problems back in the early days with manifolds lifting but all that has since been rectified and they still catch grief. I know Drews car (which was the first stage 3 ESS to my knowledge, I could very well be wrong) experienced the same issue at an event and he was given mad props and won like top tuner car or something lol. Really seems like there is quite a double standard when your on the outside looking in.
Mark, that's the problem you just recently joined in, my car has been running for over a year as has IMG's, there is a thread that has over 80K views full of detail, very specific, etc., it' a TRANSPARENT Stage 3 build that is REAL the car actually runs, it's been dynoed countless times, there's tons of vids, there's a LONG history that is the difference, it has nothing to do with choosing sides.

I don't care who built the first motor, FWIW I think Gpower did before anyone else, what matters is who has a Stage 3 that actually works and runs without issues. I'm sorry but Josh's car is not running strong, no dyno's were ever posted, he doesn't even own it anymore and he's moved on. Manifolds? That's completely irrelevant to anything, it's insignificant compared to everything else. There's no double standard, some people just don't like the facts so they distort, mislead and fabricate things and and some are just naive, it's unfortunate.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #178
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
89
Rep
3,495
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Wow just caught up on this thread and the last few pages are terrible. It's one thing with the whole tuner arguments but another telling someone to throw their kit out and they must be unhappy - even after OP said he's happy. Very immature and in poor taste IMO. The thread seemed to take a turn for the worst after that.
Since you seem to have a moral compass what are your thoughts on Andrew bashing ESS cars, customers on another forum knowing they won't respond there, mature? Before you ask my about my friend M33, I've already stated he went to far with the "throw it in the trash." It was interesting how you hinted here in another thread about how "some" kits have Bypass Valve problems, and that's why AA has 3, I know you got that from Andrew, on the other forum he was specific to ESS as if it was dangerous to run their kit, why didn't you just come out and say what other companies you were referring too? Impartial? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
All the tuners talk shit. Period. There are posts, emails, etc. showing this. This doesn't mean that any of them can never say anything nice or neutral about a situation. When I was looking to upgrade my kit from my Generation 1 I spoke to the vendors themselves and they were all competitive towards the others.
Of course they do, we jumped on Andrew because he was being a hypocrite in trying to lecture people on how to be civil. To be honest I wouldn't speak to the vendors and believe everything they say, read the forums, it's pretty clear on what is the prudent way to go, but nothing wrong with your choice, but personally I wouldn't run over 8psi on my car without a built motor, don't care what blower you're using, you are on borrowed time if you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Is this forum pro-ESS? Yes. You are only kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Is there another forum that is somewhat of the opposite? Yeah, same story. You find trash talking on both but each also has some pretty damn useful information.
It's not pro-ESS, it's just a fact that there are alot more ESS Supercharged customers and there's a reason for that. Please do not even compare this forum with that other one. You would never find Jason or bimmerpost admins attacking people, their families, there wives, threatening people, companies, etc. The only reason AA isn't getting bashed over there is because they sponsor it, but if they decide to leave, watch out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
I didn't have any bias when upgrading my kit as I was just about sold on a 650 kit as it did feel faster than my older kit. After consideration, I did take somewhat of a gamble on going with the Generation 2 upgrade as I did not get to drive the kit as I did with the 650 kit and my old kit. The gamble paid off as the kit feels more powerful and refined than the other two. I just dyno at 582 SAE & 602 Uncorrected on a DynoJet. That and my dyno at my local shop (MaximumPSI) is in the engine thread. Both confirm the power output and how linear the power is. For those that say "this kit is the best..." - have you even driven other kits to know this? Very hard to make that judgement without doing so.
Those are some good #'s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Each of the tuners have good kits. Can any say they have had a 100% success rate? No way. When you start getting into the M3 FI community you will start to find that no one likes to really post about their problems...no tuner excluded.
Probably, but I think it's clear, regardless of what kit you run or what so called side you're on, it's obvious who has the most proven kit, it's not even close. You can't have hundreds of people running kits all over the world and not here about problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
OP,
Didn't mean to steal some of your thread but I figured no harm as it's already gone down the shitter. Looking forward to seeing what your car puts out and and congrats. Forget about the negativity here, but definitely expect it. If you are happy with your kit that is all there is to it!
The negativity here is small stuff compared to that other forum. Did you stop and think one of the main reasons it went down the shitter is because the OP said he was going to post dyno's but never did? It's not that hard to dyno a car, to date there has not been one DJ result posted from a Gintani Stage 3, personally I think they'll make the power, but no dyno's in 2+ years, hopefully he'll be the first to post one.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq

Last edited by DLSJ5; 03-15-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #179
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,697
Posts

 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

I apologize about the throw it in the trash comment , i take that back
but as for the rest of my comments ....... they can stay
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #180
IMG
M.POWER
IMG's Avatar
103
Rep
7,064
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

iTrader: (6)

War isn't the answer Gents !
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #181
exmowner
Captain
exmowner's Avatar
15
Rep
962
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3\\\
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (5)

What kills me the most is the guy that yells ''this is not high school'' and ''all kits are great'' continuously rags and takes shots at ESS kits on other forums.

Thats the reason i can't take you seriously Andrew, it seams you have multiple personality disorder. I'll leave it at that as if i say more It might get removed...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #182
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,697
Posts

 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Young Buck
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #183
VCMpower
Banned
Canada
9
Rep
941
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria B.C.

iTrader: (0)

and Hockey and this.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #184
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
11
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 x2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the wood

iTrader: (0)

Just joined in as in commenting on this thread? I don't blame Gintani for not posting on this forum. They are human beings who I'm sure would have many choice words for the Internet tough guys that routinely tear down their products. These guys put a lot of work into what they do. I give then mad props for biting their tongues and remaining professional about the whole thing. Just because you so call "document" what you are doing with your ride on an Internet forum doesn't mean that other people have to do the exact same thing just for it to exist. What's the point you say? Idk about you but I've modded all of my cars for me because I enjoy doing it. Back to Josh's car, I do know he took his kit off and I'm not going to pretend to speak on his behalf because he has every right to spend his money as he pleases. Just sucks that people always try to rain on another's parade and there is no arguing that this forum is dominated, dominated by ESS guys. And sure, they are gonna defend their purchase but no need to tell a happy new forum member how you guys THINK your far superior. Did the OP get a little "post happy" and jump the gun a little. Perhaps. Can you blame him though? Having a supercharged M is a blast let alone a built motor one.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #185
VCMpower
Banned
Canada
9
Rep
941
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN
Just joined in as in commenting on this thread? I don't blame Gintani for not posting on this forum. They are human beings who I'm sure would have many choice words for the Internet tough guys that routinely tear down their products. These guys put a lot of work into what they do. I give then mad props for biting their tongues and remaining professional about the whole thing. Just because you so call "document" what you are doing with your ride on an Internet forum doesn't mean that other people have to do the exact same thing just for it to exist. What's the point you say? Idk about you but I've modded all of my cars for me because I enjoy doing it. Back to Josh's car, I do know he took his kit off and I'm not going to pretend to speak on his behalf because he has every right to spend his money as he pleases. Just sucks that people always try to rain on another's parade and there is no arguing that this forum is dominated, dominated by ESS guys. And sure, they are gonna defend their purchase but no need to tell a happy new forum member how you guys THINK your far superior. Did the OP get a little "post happy" and jump the gun a little. Perhaps. Can you blame him though? Having a supercharged M is a blast let alone a built motor one.
And at this pace I am sad to feel we may never hear of the Evolve SC and get some feedback on its development. Sucks, but I won't blame Sal if he never wants his product to be discussed here.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #186
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

For me this thread is a sad and telling example of how insulting and immature people can be to each other when hiding behind the veil of internet anonymity. There is really no reason for any of the mud-slinging that's been going on in this thread... at all.

A lof of people seem to think that Gintani's alleged repeated failure to back up their stage 3 numbers gives them the right to cut into OP, or to talk trash on his kit.

A lot of people also seem to think they're entitled to bash OP because he didn't post dyno numbers fast enough? I'm sorry but OP doesn't owe anyone updates. I don't think anyone should allow themselves to feel entitled to rip into another member because we're not having our hunger satiated quickly enough.

This is a guy who probably spent a lot of money on his kit, and was probably super happy and wanted to share it with the community. We should be greeting him with a congratulations, not tearing him down for not getting optimal results, or for getting a kit that's not the most popular one. I honestly feel bad for OP.

I wonder if any of us would have been so harshly critical of him or the kit, if this is someone we had met face to face at a meet or track event.

- esquire
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #187
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
11
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 x2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the wood

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
For me this thread is a sad and telling example of how insulting and immature people can be to each other when hiding behind the veil of internet anonymity. There is really no reason for any of the mud-slinging that's been going on in this thread... at all.

A lof of people seem to think that Gintani's alleged repeated failure to back up their stage 3 numbers gives them the right to cut into OP, or to talk trash on his kit.

A lot of people also seem to think they're entitled to bash OP because he didn't post dyno numbers fast enough? I'm sorry but OP doesn't owe anyone updates. I don't think anyone should allow themselves to feel entitled to rip into another member because we're not having our hunger satiated quickly enough.

This is a guy who probably spent a lot of money on his kit, and was probably super happy and wanted to share it with the community. We should be greeting him with a congratulations, not tearing him down for not getting optimal results, or for getting a kit that's not the most popular one. I honestly feel bad for OP.

I wonder if any of us would have been so harshly critical of him or the kit, if this is someone we had met face to face at a meet or track event.

- esquire
Well said.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #188
VCMpower
Banned
Canada
9
Rep
941
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Nice. And look back through this novel to comment #117.



Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
For me this thread is a sad and telling example of how insulting and immature people can be to each other when hiding behind the veil of internet anonymity. There is really no reason for any of the mud-slinging that's been going on in this thread... at all.

A lof of people seem to think that Gintani's alleged repeated failure to back up their stage 3 numbers gives them the right to cut into OP, or to talk trash on his kit.

A lot of people also seem to think they're entitled to bash OP because he didn't post dyno numbers fast enough? I'm sorry but OP doesn't owe anyone updates. I don't think anyone should allow themselves to feel entitled to rip into another member because we're not having our hunger satiated quickly enough.

This is a guy who probably spent a lot of money on his kit, and was probably super happy and wanted to share it with the community. We should be greeting him with a congratulations, not tearing him down for not getting optimal results, or for getting a kit that's not the most popular one. I honestly feel bad for OP.

I wonder if any of us would have been so harshly critical of him or the kit, if this is someone we had met face to face at a meet or track event.

- esquire
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #189
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
89
Rep
3,495
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
Just joined in as in commenting on this thread? I don't blame Gintani for not posting on this forum. They are human beings who I'm sure would have many choice words for the Internet tough guys that routinely tear down their products. These guys put a lot of work into what they do. I give then mad props for biting their tongues and remaining professional about the whole thing.
Mark, you are not privy to all the history here, I'm not interested in rehashing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
Just because you so call "document" what you are doing with your ride on an Internet forum doesn't mean that other people have to do the exact same thing just for it to exist. What's the point you say? Idk about you but I've modded all of my cars for me because I enjoy doing it.
Fortunately we live in a world where you have to show people that your product works, that it actually is reliable, that it runs, etc. a dyno is a good start and they haven't even posted that. Look I'm not saying they can't do a Stage 3 build, cleary they can and have, but no dyno's in 3 years? Yes you have to let people know about it and show it in order for it to be legitmate, again thankfully people believe in those standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
Back to Josh's car, I do know he took his kit off and I'm not going to pretend to speak on his behalf because he has every right to spend his money as he pleases. Just sucks that people always try to rain on another's parade and there is no arguing that this forum is dominated, dominated by ESS guys.
One would think if dyno's #'s are promised he should post them. Again I think he'll put down some good power, let's see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
And sure, they are gonna defend their purchase but no need to tell a happy new forum member how you guys THINK your far superior. Did the OP get a little "post happy" and jump the gun a little. Perhaps. Can you blame him though? Having a supercharged M is a blast let alone a built motor one.
I only responded to you because you brought up my build. Listen I don't speak for ESS, nor does anyone else except Roman, I don't think it's out of line to ask people to post up something about their product. I don't think I'm superior to anyone, but most people regardless of what kit they run, can be OBJECTIVE and identify what company has their shit together with regards to superchager kits, you have to earn that in one way or another.

Agreed he jumped the gun but shouldn't get blasted for it, but when we've been waiting for years for #'s some people get a little harsh. Looking forward to seeing his results.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #190
Pr0fessor
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives: Built M#
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
For me this thread is a sad and telling example of how insulting and immature people can be to each other when hiding behind the veil of internet anonymity. There is really no reason for any of the mud-slinging that's been going on in this thread... at all.

A lof of people seem to think that Gintani's alleged repeated failure to back up their stage 3 numbers gives them the right to cut into OP, or to talk trash on his kit.

A lot of people also seem to think they're entitled to bash OP because he didn't post dyno numbers fast enough? I'm sorry but OP doesn't owe anyone updates. I don't think anyone should allow themselves to feel entitled to rip into another member because we're not having our hunger satiated quickly enough.

This is a guy who probably spent a lot of money on his kit, and was probably super happy and wanted to share it with the community. We should be greeting him with a congratulations, not tearing him down for not getting optimal results, or for getting a kit that's not the most popular one. I honestly feel bad for OP.

I wonder if any of us would have been so harshly critical of him or the kit, if this is someone we had met face to face at a meet or track event.

- esquire
Respect!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #191
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,697
Posts

 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Post the 520 dyno graph lets see the wheel spin in the graph and shut me
And a lot of other people up
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #192
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0fessor
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
For me this thread is a sad and telling example of how insulting and immature people can be to each other when hiding behind the veil of internet anonymity. There is really no reason for any of the mud-slinging that's been going on in this thread... at all.

A lof of people seem to think that Gintani's alleged repeated failure to back up their stage 3 numbers gives them the right to cut into OP, or to talk trash on his kit.

A lot of people also seem to think they're entitled to bash OP because he didn't post dyno numbers fast enough? I'm sorry but OP doesn't owe anyone updates. I don't think anyone should allow themselves to feel entitled to rip into another member because we're not having our hunger satiated quickly enough.

This is a guy who probably spent a lot of money on his kit, and was probably super happy and wanted to share it with the community. We should be greeting him with a congratulations, not tearing him down for not getting optimal results, or for getting a kit that's not the most popular one. I honestly feel bad for OP.

I wonder if any of us would have been so harshly critical of him or the kit, if this is someone we had met face to face at a meet or track event.

- esquire
Respect!
^^ OP, I think your build is pretty amazing. If you're ever free, would love to meet up sometime and get to check out your ride. Maybe next Saturday at the M3 drive down PCH?
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #193
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
11
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 x2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the wood

iTrader: (0)

Esquire, I didn't know you were local man, we've been getting car meets together for awhile now. Would love to see a Dakar yellow M out with us. I hear that color in person is amazing!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #194
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN
Esquire, I didn't know you were local man, we've been getting car meets together for awhile now. Would love to see a Dakar yellow M out with us. I hear that color in person is amazing!
Yeah man. I'm in Orange County. just hit me up next time you have a meet.... I'm down to join. whereabouts are you located ?
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #195
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
11
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 x2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the wood

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN
Esquire, I didn't know you were local man, we've been getting car meets together for awhile now. Would love to see a Dakar yellow M out with us. I hear that color in person is amazing!
Yeah man. I'm in Orange County. just hit me up next time you have a meet.... I'm down to join. whereabouts are you located ?
Not to far from ya man, I'm over in Longbeach. Unfortunately I won't be back in Cali for quite awhile but ill for sure keep ya posted dude
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #196
Pr0fessor
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives: Built M#
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0fessor
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
For me this thread is a sad and telling example of how insulting and immature people can be to each other when hiding behind the veil of internet anonymity. There is really no reason for any of the mud-slinging that's been going on in this thread... at all.

A lof of people seem to think that Gintani's alleged repeated failure to back up their stage 3 numbers gives them the right to cut into OP, or to talk trash on his kit.

A lot of people also seem to think they're entitled to bash OP because he didn't post dyno numbers fast enough? I'm sorry but OP doesn't owe anyone updates. I don't think anyone should allow themselves to feel entitled to rip into another member because we're not having our hunger satiated quickly enough.

This is a guy who probably spent a lot of money on his kit, and was probably super happy and wanted to share it with the community. We should be greeting him with a congratulations, not tearing him down for not getting optimal results, or for getting a kit that's not the most popular one. I honestly feel bad for OP.

I wonder if any of us would have been so harshly critical of him or the kit, if this is someone we had met face to face at a meet or track event.

- esquire
Respect!
^^ OP, I think your build is pretty amazing. If you're ever free, would love to meet up sometime and get to check out your ride. Maybe next Saturday at the M3 drive down PCH?
Where are you located? I might be driving to Arizona tomorrow. Im actually going for a spin tonight down by Newport. Right now I'm in Lakewood
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #197
NikB316
Lieutenant
NikB316's Avatar
14
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somerset County, New Jersey

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Since you seem to have a moral compass what are your thoughts on Andrew bashing ESS cars, customers on another forum knowing they won't respond there, mature? Before you ask my about my friend M33, I've already stated he went to far with the "throw it in the trash." It was interesting how you hinted here in another thread about how "some" kits have Bypass Valve problems, and that's why AA has 3, I know you got that from Andrew, on the other forum he was specific to ESS as if it was dangerous to run their kit, why didn't you just come out and say what other companies you were referring too? Impartial? No.
I referred to a comment made in this thread. Are we really going to search through every comment made that may not be in the best taste? I've seen Andrew post pro-AA comments as expected. Haven't seen personal digs but I haven't read the book on Andrew. What would I ask about M33? He's a nice guy, I've met him in person and has said he has one of the nicest M3s. Everyone says things they later don't necessarily wish they said.

Lets see exactly what I wrote in the other thread:
"One thing maybe some could shed some more light on...I have heard of some issues with the kits without BOVs that the car will actually keep on pulling when in boost but off the throttle? Maybe some guys can chime in to see if this is an isolated incident or exactly what is happening?"

There is clearly no hinting here. Just a question about something I have read about. Plain and simple. It's pretty obvious which kit I am referring to and not trying to mask anything.

You sure are trying to read deeply into some hidden agendas that I have. It's usually the ones that have these themselves that think everyone else is the same as them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Of course they do, we jumped on Andrew because he was being a hypocrite in trying to lecture people on how to be civil. To be honest I wouldn't speak to the vendors and believe everything they say, read the forums, it's pretty clear on what is the prudent way to go, but nothing wrong with your choice, but personally I wouldn't run over 8psi on my car without a built motor, don't care what blower you're using, you are on borrowed time if you do.

It's not pro-ESS, it's just a fact that there are alot more ESS Supercharged customers and there's a reason for that. Please do not even compare this forum with that other one. You would never find Jason or bimmerpost admins attacking people, their families, there wives, threatening people, companies, etc. The only reason AA isn't getting bashed over there is because they sponsor it, but if they decide to leave, watch out.
I don't know anything about these attacks but anyone who would honestly do that is in the wrong. Doesn't matter where they are. I am comparing the forums in regard to the information they have and their target group. If you can't see the bias on both forums I don't know what to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Those are some good #'s.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Probably, but I think it's clear, regardless of what kit you run or what so called side you're on, it's obvious who has the most proven kit, it's not even close. You can't have hundreds of people running kits all over the world and not here about problems.
They have definitely sold the most amount of kits and are performing very well. Of course new products come to the market that can be better. I am sure all the vendors have had problems with kits which will never be revealed. They take care of the customer and customer doesn't say anything. Anyone being impartial can see this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
The negativity here is small stuff compared to that other forum. Did you stop and think one of the main reasons it went down the shitter is because the OP said he was going to post dyno's but never did? It's not that hard to dyno a car, to date there has not been one DJ result posted from a Gintani Stage 3, personally I think they'll make the power, but no dyno's in 2+ years, hopefully he'll be the first to post one.
The OP very clearly posted what happened when he went on the dyno. It isn't like he tried to hide that there are some technical issues going on. What more could he post? A graph wouldn't really make a difference.
__________________

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Last edited by NikB316; 03-16-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #198
Pr0fessor
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives: Built M#
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33
Post the 520 dyno graph lets see the wheel spin in the graph and shut me
And a lot of other people up
Yes I have the numbers. I will post them as soon as you apologize to me and Gintani and to this forum. Guess what?... Numbers are very good by the way Man up and I will give everybody what they want!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST