BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
ESS Tuning
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-16-2013, 01:02 AM   #199
esquire
Colonel
 
esquire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

Posts: 2,800
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0fessor
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0fessor
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
For me this thread is a sad and telling example of how insulting and immature people can be to each other when hiding behind the veil of internet anonymity. There is really no reason for any of the mud-slinging that's been going on in this thread... at all.

A lof of people seem to think that Gintani's alleged repeated failure to back up their stage 3 numbers gives them the right to cut into OP, or to talk trash on his kit.

A lot of people also seem to think they're entitled to bash OP because he didn't post dyno numbers fast enough? I'm sorry but OP doesn't owe anyone updates. I don't think anyone should allow themselves to feel entitled to rip into another member because we're not having our hunger satiated quickly enough.

This is a guy who probably spent a lot of money on his kit, and was probably super happy and wanted to share it with the community. We should be greeting him with a congratulations, not tearing him down for not getting optimal results, or for getting a kit that's not the most popular one. I honestly feel bad for OP.

I wonder if any of us would have been so harshly critical of him or the kit, if this is someone we had met face to face at a meet or track event.

- esquire
Respect!
^^ OP, I think your build is pretty amazing. If you're ever free, would love to meet up sometime and get to check out your ride. Maybe next Saturday at the M3 drive down PCH?
Where are you located? I might be driving to Arizona tomorrow. Im actually going for a spin tonight down by Newport. Right now I'm in Lakewood
I live in anaheim hills . I'm actually in Costa Mesa at the moment
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
0
      03-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #200
BlackJetE90
Colonel
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: e90

Posts: 2,219
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I wonder if any of us would have been so harshly critical of him or the kit, if this is someone we had met face to face at a meet or track event.

- esquire
Most of time it is rather amusing to meet the big mouths on forums at events/meets.
BlackJetE90 is offline  
0
      03-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #201
Frostbite
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 568
iTrader: (-1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0fessor
Quote:
Originally Posted by m33
Post the 520 dyno graph lets see the wheel spin in the graph and shut me
And a lot of other people up
Yes I have the numbers. I will post them as soon as you apologize to me and Gintani and to this forum. Guess what?... Numbers are very good by the way Man up and I will give everybody what they want!
I hope you're kidding...if not that's a pretty childish comment! We've all been patiently waiting(some more than others lol) for you to post dyno results. The best way to shut everyone up is to prove your claims with hard facts.
Frostbite is offline   United_States
0
      03-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #202
leigh
Major
 
leigh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

Posts: 1,038
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
Just joined in as in commenting on this thread? I don't blame Gintani for not posting on this forum. They are human beings who I'm sure would have many choice words for the Internet tough guys that routinely tear down their products. These guys put a lot of work into what they do. I give then mad props for biting their tongues and remaining professional about the whole thing. Just because you so call "document" what you are doing with your ride on an Internet forum doesn't mean that other people have to do the exact same thing just for it to exist. What's the point you say? Idk about you but I've modded all of my cars for me because I enjoy doing it. Back to Josh's car, I do know he took his kit off and I'm not going to pretend to speak on his behalf because he has every right to spend his money as he pleases. Just sucks that people always try to rain on another's parade and there is no arguing that this forum is dominated, dominated by ESS guys. And sure, they are gonna defend their purchase but no need to tell a happy new forum member how you guys THINK your far superior. Did the OP get a little "post happy" and jump the gun a little. Perhaps. Can you blame him though? Having a supercharged M is a blast let alone a built motor one.
to bad a build motor one by the same people has lost to a vt2.......tuff motors they build
leigh is offline  
0
      03-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #203
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
 
Drives: E92 M3 x2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the wood

Posts: 807
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
Just joined in as in commenting on this thread? I don't blame Gintani for not posting on this forum. They are human beings who I'm sure would have many choice words for the Internet tough guys that routinely tear down their products. These guys put a lot of work into what they do. I give then mad props for biting their tongues and remaining professional about the whole thing. Just because you so call "document" what you are doing with your ride on an Internet forum doesn't mean that other people have to do the exact same thing just for it to exist. What's the point you say? Idk about you but I've modded all of my cars for me because I enjoy doing it. Back to Josh's car, I do know he took his kit off and I'm not going to pretend to speak on his behalf because he has every right to spend his money as he pleases. Just sucks that people always try to rain on another's parade and there is no arguing that this forum is dominated, dominated by ESS guys. And sure, they are gonna defend their purchase but no need to tell a happy new forum member how you guys THINK your far superior. Did the OP get a little "post happy" and jump the gun a little. Perhaps. Can you blame him though? Having a supercharged M is a blast let alone a built motor one.
to bad a build motor one by the same people has lost to a vt2.......tuff motors they build
Which has been discussed already but nice try man. Even Drew said that the built motor car experienced a problem which also occurred with his car when he went vt3. But apparently it doesn't matter if you run into problems when you have ESS under the hood because like I stated earlier, he was awarded best tuner car at that same event I think. I personally would be kind of embarrassed that I was given a prize when my car didn't perform the way it should have and look at that prize as if the were trying to console me or something lol
THE-FN-MAN is offline  
0
      03-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #204
leigh
Major
 
leigh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

Posts: 1,038
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0fessor View Post
m33 your words hold now weight here. You just said that there is no such thing as wheel spin when your doing a dyno. It happens, ask your buddy Drew he will break the news to you . It's ok man we have all been wrong about something at some point in time. And lastly, everybody has their side of the story. Every shop has their trials and errors. You think ESS got it right the first time. There is history here that you and I don't know about between the shops so save it with your childish comments. Like is said... Let the cars do the talking! Also I am very happy with my car! It sounds harder then any other kit out there! But hey that's just my opinion.
probs got wheel spin because they didn't strap the car down tight to make better numbers
leigh is offline  
0
      03-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #205
exmowner
Captain
 
exmowner's Avatar
 
Drives: ESS 625 M3\\\
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal

Posts: 957
iTrader: (4)

Lets see exactly what I wrote in the other thread:
"One thing maybe some could shed some more light on...I have heard of some issues with the kits without BOVs that the car will actually keep on pulling when in boost but off the throttle? Maybe some guys can chime in to see if this is an isolated incident or exactly what is happening?"


This ''issue'' with kits that have one BOV, have you experienced it for yourself? I think the idea was sold to you by the vendor of your kit!

PS I like the active plenum
__________________
ESS VT2-625 For sale! l Brembo 380mm F/R SOLDl BBS Fi TitaniumSOLD! l Eisenmann race l Challenge Sport X pipe FOR SALE!l Challenge GT diffuser + FR Lip l Stack gauges FOR SALE!l BMW Performance wheels SOLDl Ohlins R&T SOLD l LUX V4 For Sale l Euro Bumper FOR SALEl [/b][/color][/size]
exmowner is offline  
0
      03-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #206
leigh
Major
 
leigh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

Posts: 1,038
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
For me this thread is a sad and telling example of how insulting and immature people can be to each other when hiding behind the veil of internet anonymity. There is really no reason for any of the mud-slinging that's been going on in this thread... at all.

A lof of people seem to think that Gintani's alleged repeated failure to back up their stage 3 numbers gives them the right to cut into OP, or to talk trash on his kit.

A lot of people also seem to think they're entitled to bash OP because he didn't post dyno numbers fast enough? I'm sorry but OP doesn't owe anyone updates. I don't think anyone should allow themselves to feel entitled to rip into another member because we're not having our hunger satiated quickly enough.

This is a guy who probably spent a lot of money on his kit, and was probably super happy and wanted to share it with the community. We should be greeting him with a congratulations, not tearing him down for not getting optimal results, or for getting a kit that's not the most popular one. I honestly feel bad for OP.

I wonder if any of us would have been so harshly critical of him or the kit, if this is someone we had met face to face at a meet or track event.

- esquire
this is just normal......if its not right the first time people don't want to know ya
leigh is offline  
0
      03-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #207
leigh
Major
 
leigh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

Posts: 1,038
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
I referred to a comment made in this thread. Are we really going to search through every comment made that may not be in the best taste? I've seen Andrew post pro-AA comments as expected. Haven't seen personal digs but I haven't read the book on Andrew. What would I ask about M33? He's a nice guy, I've met him in person and has said he has one of the nicest M3s. Everyone says things they later don't necessarily wish they said.

Lets see exactly what I wrote in the other thread:
"One thing maybe some could shed some more light on...I have heard of some issues with the kits without BOVs that the car will actually keep on pulling when in boost but off the throttle? Maybe some guys can chime in to see if this is an isolated incident or exactly what is happening?"

There is clearly no hinting here. Just a question about something I have read about. Plain and simple. It's pretty obvious which kit I am referring to and not trying to mask anything.

You sure are trying to read deeply into some hidden agendas that I have. It's usually the ones that have these themselves that think everyone else is the same as them.



I don't know anything about these attacks but anyone who would honestly do that is in the wrong. Doesn't matter where they are. I am comparing the forums in regard to the information they have and their target group. If you can't see the bias on both forums I don't know what to tell you.



Thank you.



They have definitely sold the most amount of kits and are performing very well. Of course new products come to the market that can be better. I am sure all the vendors have had problems with kits which will never be revealed. They take care of the customer and customer doesn't say anything. Anyone being impartial can see this.




The OP very clearly posted what happened when he went on the dyno. It isn't like he tried to hide that there are some technical issues going on. What more could he post? A graph wouldn't really make a difference.
yes very technical sir........wheel spin

he just wants to see the part in the graph where the car wheel spin is. not very hard to work that out
leigh is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST