BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
///M-Night
Private First Class

Drives: M e93

So the gf order me black grills from the dealership and got a discount cause her company deals with them. Took them too the body shop for install and shop said it doesn't fit. Call the dealer ship too confirm if part is right and the counter guy said yes these are the correct ones. This time I stood there well these guys try again and sure enough it's the wrong ones
Call the counter guy back told him there the wrong ones and he agree too reorder them for me. I asked if there able too help me install them seeing I had too pay the body shop too try and install them twice cause he claims it's the right part. He said no cause he give me/gf a discount. Was rude about it too. (douche!)
Anyways being that my gf deals with them I didn't wanna make a big deal out of it. Then my gf calls me and said this douche is pissed that I called and went off about not suppose too give discounts too non employees and that it's not his fault. It is every bit his fault!!!!!! Gave me the wrong part! I called, he still claims its the correct one! Then won't even man up too it!!
Can't do much cause of gf but she's like what the fuck too!
Ugh! Just pissed and had too rant!
      03-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
LucWerkz
Banned

Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

Install the grills yourself when you get the right ones. No justification in paying any dealership for a simple 20 minute DIY.
LucWerkz is offline   No_Country
      03-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
JAM3S
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3

1st world problems....
      03-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Lemon Jelly M3
Lieutenant

Drives: M3 (E90,ZCP,6MT)

Umm.. why can't YOU check if it's the right part or not before you go and install?
Also it's fairly not a hard job to do, I guess you're one of those M3 drivers that I see once in a week again...
Lemon Jelly M3 is offline   United_States
      03-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
///M-Night
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Baron
Install the grills yourself when you get the right ones. No justification in paying any dealership for a simple 20 minute DIY.
Wasn't the dealership installing
It. Car was being worked on at body shop so dropped it off since bumper was off and 10 times easier too put in when it's off.
      03-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
///M-Night
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Jelly M3
Umm.. why can't YOU check if it's the right part or not before you go and install?
Also it's fairly not a hard job to do, I guess you're one of those M3 drivers that I see once in a week again...
I did check. I called the dealership too confirm if it's the right part or not. Counter guy said yes, these are the right ones. Will be installing the right ones my self just pissed the douche won't man up too his mistake. This is not the cust service I expect from a BMW dealership.
      03-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #7
RingMeister01
Colonel

Drives: Rosso Fiorano M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Jelly M3
I did check. I called the dealership too confirm if it's the right part or not. Counter guy said yes, these are the right ones. Will be installing the right ones my self just pissed the douche won't man up too his mistake. This is not the cust service I expect from a BMW dealership.
Your car is defective. Wow that sucks bro.
      03-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
iatros
Private

Drives: Interlagos Blue 2008 E92

I have to agree with the others....Id just do it myself once you get your car back from the body shop. The shop would probably break the clips or install it wrong anyway (no offense to the body shop, though). I am not particularly mechanically inclined, but I have found the DIY section in this forum incredibly helpful. At least you will know it's done right if you take the trouble to do it!
      03-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
Chriskm3
Colonel

Drives: M3

I don't know what you Gina do. This is a serious issue.
You have several options at this point
: find out which car those fit and trade yours in for that of correct fitment
:dump the gf it's obvious they way she obtained the dicount is questionable
: buy new ones and return these
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Chriskm3 is offline   Canada
      03-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
VMcV3y
Captain

Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
You have the worst auto-correct ever.

Here, let me help you:

So, the gf ordered for me a set of black grills from the dealership, and she received a discount because her company deals with them. I took them to the body shop for installation, but the shop said the grills do not fit.

I called the dealer ship to confirm if the part is correct, and the counter guy said "Yes, these are the correct ones." [I can't fix this one: This time I stood there well these guys try again and sure enough it's the wrong ones]

I called the counter guy back, and told him "They are the wrong ones," and he agreed too reorder them for me. I asked if they're able to help me install them, seeing I had to pay the body shop too try and install them twice because he claims it's the right part. He said "No, because he gave my gf a discount. He was rude about it, too. (douche!)

Anyways being that my gf deals with them, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Then my gf calls me and said this douche is pissed that I called and he went off about not supposed to give discounts to non-employees, and that it's not his fault. It is every bit his fault!!!!!! Gave me the wrong part! I called, he still claims its the correct one! Then he won't even man up to it!!
Can't do much because of gf but she's like "WTF, too!"
Ugh! Just pissed and had to rant!

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.
VMcV3y is offline   United_States
      03-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #11
///M-Night
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y

Here, let me help you:

So, the gf ordered for me a set of black grills from the dealership, and she received a discount because her company deals with them. I took them to the body shop for installation, but the shop said the grills do not fit.

I called the dealer ship to confirm if the part is correct, and the counter guy said "Yes, these are the correct ones." [I can't fix this one: This time I stood there well these guys try again and sure enough it's the wrong ones]

I called the counter guy back, and told him "They are the wrong ones," and he agreed too reorder them for me. I asked if they're able to help me install them, seeing I had to pay the body shop too try and install them twice because he claims it's the right part. He said "No, because he gave my gf a discount. He was rude about it, too. (douche!)

Anyways being that my gf deals with them, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Then my gf calls me and said this douche is pissed that I called and he went off about not supposed to give discounts to non-employees, and that it's not his fault. It is every bit his fault!!!!!! Gave me the wrong part! I called, he still claims its the correct one! Then he won't even man up to it!!
Can't do much because of gf but she's like "WTF, too!"
Ugh! Just pissed and had to rant!
Lol
Thanks! I was in a blind rage!
      03-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
///M-Night
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3
Hahaha
Guess your ok with buying a part then dealer gives you the wrong ones and gives you attitude about it. Then goes off about how it's not his fault for giving you the wrong part when you provided him with your model and vin code.
I just can't stand poor customer service.
      03-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #13
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran

Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S
1st world problems....
+1

I also would have installed these myself.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
      03-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
AWM3ME2
Keep practicing your almost there....

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post

He's has some valid points.
      03-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #15
catherineanh
Captain

Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post

[I can't fix this one: This time I stood there well these guys try again and sure enough it's the wrong ones]
+1

I think he meant:
"I stood there while these guys try again and sure enough it was the wrong ones."
catherineanh is offline   Canada
      03-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
Chriskm3
Colonel

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Night View Post
Hahaha
Guess your ok with buying a part then dealer gives you the wrong ones and gives you attitude about it. Then goes off about how it's not his fault for giving you the wrong part when you provided him with your model and vin code.
I just can't stand poor customer service.
To be honest I expect it. The level of profesional service has declined over the last years, anywhere from ordering pizza, car service, phone carrier service, municipal service mistakes are very common. I make a point of verbally appriciate satisfying customer service experience versus reprimanding the negative and unpleasant experience. Finding reps that take pride in what they do seems like an dying trend. - well that's my opinion
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Chriskm3 is offline   Canada
      03-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #17
osteome
Major

Drives: 2009 M3 E93 SSII/Bamboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
1st world problems....
+1
      03-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #18
Dkhan23
Banned

Drives: BMW

What dealership and what body shop in Vancityy?
      03-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #19
///M-Night
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhan23
What dealership and what body shop in Vancityy?
Brain Jessel
      03-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #20
Dkhan23
Banned

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Night View Post
Brain Jessel
Oh, those fuckers make a shitload of money