BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Strasse Wheels

03-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #67
dozaiya
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

i love MPE sound, but i too wish it was a bit louder,fell in love when i heard it paired with the Macht Schnell Track Pipes on the limerock, but just like kitw i hate the rasp. Hope someone can come up with a good x-pipe to pair it with
dozaiya is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #68
jfreisen1
Enjoy the Ultimate Driving Experience "M POWER"

Drives: 2011 M3 w/ Dinan upgrades

Your Questions - Depends on several things. First I prefer the Dinan exhaust sound. Just a little better flavor to it. The M3 exhaust system comes in two parts. (part 1) Exhaust (muffler) and (part2) the middle flow section with the cats built in. The "M" exhaust by BMW part 1 at $3,500 is full retail. Labor to install about 2hrs. You are paying for the name and the shiny end pieces with "M" on it. They do look nice, but you can get the Dinan with smoke stainless steel ends for $2,199.00 plus ship and install. Please research it. I did, I am very happy with my setup and sound. I also purchased the High Flow Middle Race exhaust and software. Got another 28bhp out of the car. But of course some States have strong emissions and wont allow part 2 exhaust.
Good Luck
john
jfreisen1 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #69
PhoenixRising
Important text here

Drives: 2013 M3 Conv

Garage List
I spoke to my SA yesterday here in Phoenix and he mentioned BMW and Dinan are no longer in partnership anymore. They still make great products, but some of their upgrades were having issues (mostly ECU flashes turning the car into a 2 ton brick). I think they were rare cases but enough for them to part ways. I found it interesting as I thought they'd be in bed together forever.
PhoenixRising is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #70
thegeneral101
Colonel

Drives: '13 M3 LRE,'13 750Li

Alright, I doubt i'm going to get around to making sound clips of my setup, just no time unfortunately to mess around with that. BUT I can assure you that when paired with the right x-pipe (in my case I had one custom made), the M exhaust isn't very raspy. Under full throttle between 4-4.5k I get a little rasp, but its not shitty rasp...sounds more like a racecar. And under normal driving its still very quiet...but man can it open up. Dual personality for sure.
      06-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #71
L4ces
Captain

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeneral101
Alright, I doubt i'm going to get around to making sound clips of my setup, just no time unfortunately to mess around with that. BUT I can assure you that when paired with the right x-pipe (in my case I had one custom made), the M exhaust isn't very raspy. Under full throttle between 4-4.5k I get a little rasp, but its not shitty rasp...sounds more like a racecar. And under normal driving its still very quiet...but man can it open up. Dual personality for sure.
What is different on your custom that makes it less raspy, resonators?
L4ces is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #72
MRM55
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
I spoke to my SA yesterday here in Phoenix and he mentioned BMW and Dinan are no longer in partnership anymore. They still make great products, but some of their upgrades were having issues (mostly ECU flashes turning the car into a 2 ton brick). I think they were rare cases but enough for them to part ways. I found it interesting as I thought they'd be in bed together forever.
Not sure the SA knows what he's talking about. Latest issue of Roundel has a feature on Dinan car, and partnership still there apparently.
Appreciate 0