BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

GetBMWParts

02-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #23
Superfly_M3
Captain

Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MichaelM3 View Post

I ALWAYS drive in manual mode. Only the wifey drives it in full auto. However she does not know about the charger yet
haha, I bet she'll be in for a surprise when she needs to merge fast onto a highway. Imagine, DCT drops to 6k as she is punching it, all of a sudden she's holding on for dear life, going sideways. .... haha, "somebody gonna get hurt real bad".
      02-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #24
Chriskm3
Colonel

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MichaelM3 View Post
I got the same thing! I have a vt-1 550 kit. Just installed a week ago. During the first 10 cold starts it was idling like a banshee. I believe this is normal. Also I do feel like the car is about to stall almost everytime i come to a stop. It almost hesitates. I have no doubt in the shop that installed since they've installed easily over 50 kits? (give or take). Now I've put another 100+ miles on it and it's working almost better every day.
Humm. Thats not normal.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Chriskm3 is offline   Canada
      02-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #25
gamedna
Registered

Drives: X5 xDrive3.5i & E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook
Hey all, I have the ESS 625 kit and noticed the car gives a bit of a jerk when downshifting into 2nd while slowing down (DCT). It doesn't necessarily feel like something is wrong, but it definitely isn't smooth like my upshifts and downshifts when speeding up. So far this is my only complaint with the kit other than one random stall which threw no error codes and was fine after a restart.

Has anyone else had the same experience and is it normal?

Thanks in advance!
Dame! I have 625 just install few weeks ago and got exactly the same situation. When cold start, the idle is very unstable and the car just rev itself, sometime it even stall if you drive it while the engine is cold!
I hope it will get better after I put few more miles in it!
      02-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #26
j2m
Colonel

Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamedna View Post
Dame! I have 625 just install few weeks ago and got exactly the same situation. When cold start, the idle is very unstable and the car just rev itself, sometime it even stall if you drive it while the engine is cold!
I hope it will get better after I put few more miles in it!
Put some miles on it and make sure you are using good petrol

There are 2 circumstances I have found that create erratic idling, at least for me:
1. When it's sub -20 degrees, I will get some rough idling for a couple min's until the car has a chance to warm up a bit
2. When I use 94 octane from "Husky" (containing 10% ethanol) and for the most part my car does not like that gas and the idle will surge quite often. Same thing happened when I pumped it in my FBO 335.
I normally use 94 octane from "Petro Canada" which contains no ethanol and I find my car runs great, without the erratic idling.

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
j2m is offline   Canada
      02-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #27
Tuner1
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
2. When I use 94 octane from "Husky" (containing 10% ethanol) and for the most part my car does not like that gas and the idle will surge quite often. Same thing happened when I pumped it in my FBO 335.
I normally use 94 octane from "Petro Canada" which contains no ethanol and I find my car runs great, without the erratic idling.
I wish!

Does Ultra 94 contain ethanol? Does Petro-Canada still offer an ethanol-free gasoline?
Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol. This represents a change from the previous state, where premium fuel was ethanol-free at Petro-Canada.

FWIW my SC'd DCT M3 does the same thing.
Tuner1 is offline   Canada
      02-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #28
Chriskm3
Colonel

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
haha, I bet she'll be in for a surprise when she needs to merge fast onto a highway. Imagine, DCT drops to 6k as she is punching it, all of a sudden she's holding on for dear life, going sideways. .... haha, "somebody gonna get hurt real bad".
Speak from experience?
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Chriskm3 is offline   Canada