BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Lux Angel Eyes

12-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
xpunisherx
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

BG44K Fuel System Cleaner?

I am considering running a can or two of BG44K through the gas tank IOT clean the ///M3's fuel system. I know that the effectiveness of fuel cleaners is a hotly debated topic, so I'm hoping this thread doesn't go that direction.

I am specifically interested to know if anyone has tried the BG44K product in their ///M3? Any information about your experience with this product would be appreciated!

Finally, I have also been considering a more aggressive fuel system treatment...something like plugging the http://www.amazon.com/OTC-7448A-Inje...H1H1QHHHY5TSDS into the fuel rail, and running a cleaning product through the injectors. Anyone ever done this with success?

I appreciate your comments and advice. Thanks again !!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Bg44k has been out in one form or another for 20 years. It did no harm and no noticeable good when I used it on another car 20 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 09:24 PM   #3
admranger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3, 2005 X5, 2011 M3

Regardless of which cleaner you want to use, the best methodology is to put it in the tank, fill the tank, then run the car on a road trip so the engine is hot and the cleaner can work for a long time. Regular short commuting won't be nearly as effective as a long trip.

The best time to use the fuel cleaner is right before you change the oil. Any blow-by junk gets out of the crankcase with the old oil.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 03:58 AM   #4
xpunisherx
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
Regardless of which cleaner you want to use, the best methodology is to put it in the tank, fill the tank, then run the car on a road trip so the engine is hot and the cleaner can work for a long time. Regular short commuting won't be nearly as effective as a long trip.

The best time to use the fuel cleaner is right before you change the oil. Any blow-by junk gets out of the crankcase with the old oil.
Thanks for the input! I plan on running a can through the engine in about 3000 miles when I go to change the oil. I appreciate the info!!
Appreciate 0