BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
E92-lighting
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #133
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,813
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
So now that you have the tune... Have you guys hit the 'bahn yet?

One of these days my dream of driving my M3 there will come true
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #134
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
19
Rep
1,000
Posts

 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
So now that you have the tune... Have you guys hit the 'bahn yet?

One of these days my dream of driving my M3 there will come true
Yes we have! We need to do another day of running to get better video. I need to fix my GoPro, it's only recording 30 seconds then stopping. I will post the videos I have now as soon as I can.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #135
M3takesNYC
Banned
8
Rep
426
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Sounds like another one of those built up events that won't happen. I really need to simply invest in the BPM tune and do a comparo and dyno for my own peace of mind, or rather interest as IMO you cannot go wrong with either, especially with supporting mods such as catless and a drop-in plus some 95 plus octane fuel. Both are pretty sweet although I believe ESS throws in an extra 2 degrees of timing up top than bpm but whether or not that equates to more power I guess a dyno would need to be done and logged. This was based off logging data as ess hits 34 degrees throughout the top 1500 rpms or so. Not sure what bmw uses for timing targets
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #136
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
19
Rep
1,000
Posts

 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
Sounds like another one of those built up events that won't happen. I really need to simply invest in the BPM tune and do a comparo and dyno for my own peace of mind, or rather interest as IMO you cannot go wrong with either, especially with supporting mods such as catless and a drop-in plus some 95 plus octane fuel. Both are pretty sweet although I believe ESS throws in an extra 2 degrees of timing up top than bpm but whether or not that equates to more power I guess a dyno would need to be done and logged. This was based off logging data as ess hits 34 degrees throughout the top 1500 rpms or so. Not sure what bmw uses for timing targets
False on it not happening. I am watching the videos now!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #137
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,813
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
False on it not happening. I am watching the videos now!


Let's see em! Spill the beans!
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #138
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
19
Rep
1,000
Posts

 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Ok, I will be uploading a video in the following hours. This is extremely rough footage but UBER and I will do more on another day when I can record more than 30 seconds of footage.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #139
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,813
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
Ok, I will be uploading a video in the following hours. This is extremely rough footage but UBER and I will do more on another day when I can record more than 30 seconds of footage.
Sweet. I remember my GoPro was doing that too when I had the video size set in a certain mode.

Glad you're thoughly enjoying the tune... and there's no better place for it than Germany!
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #140
M3takesNYC
Banned
8
Rep
426
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
False on it not happening. I am watching the videos now!
Yay!!! post post. No matter who "wins" I am sure there will be some heated posting. Should be entertaining
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #141
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
19
Rep
1,000
Posts

 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Sweet. I remember my GoPro was doing that too when I had the video size set in a certain mode.

Glad you're thoughly enjoying the tune... and there's no better place for it than Germany!
+1 on Germany......Autobahn.......NURBURGRING

+1 on the GoPro, I think I am asking for more than what my SD card can handle. I am going to buy a better this week.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #142
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
19
Rep
1,000
Posts

 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
Yay!!! post post. No matter who "wins" I am sure there will be some heated posting. Should be entertaining
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #143
M3takesNYC
Banned
8
Rep
426
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

I mean we all thank you for doing this but after all the hype why couldn't you have taken a quality camera and did a decent taping? Its so easy even with a cell phone to shoot HD video these days. Nonetheless who is the winner? WHy dont you give us the winner and let us stay wondering about "how much" was the win by!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #144
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
19
Rep
1,000
Posts

 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
I mean we all thank you for doing this but after all the hype why couldn't you have taken a quality camera and did a decent taping? Its so easy even with a cell phone to shoot HD video these days. Nonetheless who is the winner? WHy dont you give us the winner and let us stay wondering about "how much" was the win by!
It's 720P I am just saying that the video clips are short. Think of it as a sneak peek of whats to come. The end result is that I am OCD and wish it was better thats all. The video does justice. I had my GoPro mounted outside my car going +100. I think that is as good as it gets, other than being dark.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #145
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
19
Rep
1,000
Posts

 
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

BPM is the car with the camera and ESS is the car beside me.

We did the same gear and same RPM (4500) for these runs. The first run was dead even off the start, as for the second, UBER had the jump on the start. Sorry that the clips are so short but my GoPro was acting funny. The videos still show a good idea of whats going on.



I am going to bed, I am sure I will wake up to a grip load of notifications.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #146
PhoenixRising
Important text here
United_States
3
Rep
130
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 Conv
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Forget all the naysayers. The video looks great. Hopefully you can tweak the alignment of the GoPro on some more runs. But I am really jealous of you Autobahn'ers. Good on ya!
__________________

2009 AM V8 Vantage Conv - Berwick Bronze, Quicksilver Exhaust
2013 M3 Conv - (RIP) thanks to uninsured a-hole
2004 Porsche 911 C4S Conv
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #147
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,813
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Nice runs! Looking forward to some more vids at higher speed and the GoPro 30 second issue fixed. Keep it safe guys
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by Mike Benvo; 04-05-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #148
M3takesNYC
Banned
8
Rep
426
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Looks pretty clear, as evidenced by the greatest popularity, Mr. Benvo easily takes it. Pretty impressive I must say. Time to scrap the ESS tune and over to Mr Benvo camp. Thanks for the video
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #149
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,813
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC
Looks pretty clear, as evidenced by the greatest popularity, Mr. Benvo easily takes it. Pretty impressive I must say. Time to scrap the ESS tune and over to Mr Benvo camp. Thanks for the video
I wouldn't go that far, but thank you.

I'm sure there are many happy customers on both sides.
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #150
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
215
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Drawing conclusions before ANY evidence is provided about how close the cars were before the tunes... priceless.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #151
ChrisDUS
Private
Germany
0
Rep
98
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Drawing conclusions before ANY evidence is provided about how close the cars were before the tunes... priceless.


Baseline dynos of both would have been nice as we all know there is a high variance in stock power output.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 04:57 AM   #152
aussiem3
Lieutenant Colonel
aussiem3's Avatar
Australia
30
Rep
1,695
Posts

 
Drives: Goggomobil
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kangaroo land

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Put simply ... epic
__________________

2007 E92 6MT - Silverstone II with /// Performance Exhaust with ACM Test Pipes and BPM Sport Stage II Dev-Tune - Proper engine warm up, 12-monthly oil change, Castrol TWS 10w-60
2014 F15 X5 3.0d
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #153
Trip3's
Lieutenant
Trip3's's Avatar
8
Rep
449
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long island

iTrader: (0)

The only way to settle this to everyone's satisfaction is have a fight to the death cage match between all the tuners!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #154
///M Power-Belgium
Brigadier General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
71
Rep
3,952
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

STi....first of all ....THX for sharing this nice video !
Also.....it's very close, and special thanks to STi for sending me all the latest info.(PM's)..like pics from his testpipes, video and sound from his car,and guys his car sounds...jesus....powerfull ...and the car pulls like it's afraid of hell !
Conclusion....there is a difference like we all see in the video,and the car from STi is faster ...not match,but it is !
So.....congrats....STi & BPM tune from Mike Benvo
And when the weather and temperatures are better,i will contact Mike Benvo(BPM-tune) and will do the same thing as STi....i will get the BPM tune !
BTW....not to forget.....congrats also for Mike Benvo & BPM
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST