BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #67
Diecast
Banned

Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Sorry OP I hope things get resolved in your favour..my take away is that your wife drives a NSX and type-r - life can't be that bad lol
Life is good. My family is in good health, which is enough to put a smile on my face. I am sure this will all work itself out, but this will definitely be a memorable time for myself, and the 100+ cars I have owned. Thanks again, everyone.
      03-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #68
Diecast
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedBeemer View Post
Yes, highly doubt they have 3 or 4 tranny's there.
Did not get to see the actual tranny's, but my Repair order clearly states it was replaced with 3 different reman'd tranny's, and the last being a brand new unit, straight from M. My repair order is 6 pages long, and the co-owner of the dealership also confirmed this and that he has never seen or heard of something like this. I assume the tech that did all of the work, probably hates my car with a passion now. But, I am sure he will his check that refelct 4 M3 tranny jobs, this month.
      03-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #69
bradleyland
TIM YOYO

Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Well if it's any comfort, a high-performance V8 + manual transmission almost always results in a lot of gear noise when sitting at idle, in neutral, with the clutch out. I know it's not the same, but my father had an old 1989 Ford F250 with a 351 V8 and a manual transmission with a granny-gear 1st in it. If you let the clutch out at idle, it sounded like someone was rolling marbles in a tin can. He ran that truck for 150k miles before he sold it, and the guy who bought it continued to drive it for years.

The moral of the story is that not all noises are bad.

Because you have a brand new transmission, I would expect things to be tighter than the old transmission. See if you can capture the noise on video. I'd love to get a listen. I replaced the 2nd & 3rd gear syncros in an old Toyota Hi-Lux transmission (NEVER AGAIN!) once upon a time, so I know my way around the inside of a gearbox.
bradleyland is online now   United_States
      03-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #70
Diecast
Banned

Trust me. I understand noises, when it comes to Manual gearboxes, especially with performance cars. However, I think it's safe to say, that the E92 M3, is probably the most efficient, practical and reliable performance car today. Plus, i have driven a handful, and have buddies who also own both E90/2/3 M3's. The sound is definitely not "normal". Out of owning over 100 cars, I just happened to get a streak of bad luck, with this M. I have not at all, lost any faith in the brand or name itself. I just understand, these type of things happen, especially anything that is produced in mass amounts. Thank god for having a warranty and a forum of such knowledgeable people (m3post), who are willing to help me out. Thanks again, everyone.

Sad to say, it has been 5 days now, and I have not heard back from BMW NA, yet. They said I would hear from corporate, within 36 hrs.

So, the saga continues.....
      07-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #71
DKM3
Bimmerpost Special Prosecutor II

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

I will be confirming with BMW of riverside if ANY of this is true or if this guy has taken us for a ride: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866292
DKM3 is offline   United_States