BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,703
iTrader: (11)

Ideas for interior dye project

The first ones I saw were on E46's and they turned out great. There are plenty of examples floating around. Since it's been kind of dead around here lately, figured it would be fun to have a discussion. Here's an example:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777877

I'm a DIY kind of guy, plus I plan to keep my E92 M3 for a long long time (if not forever). I've toyed with the idea of dying my interior another color just to change things up. Our cars are so much easier to do than E46 M3's (assuming you have non extended leather) because we'd only have to do the seats and door panels. The E46 guys have to either find a new dash, or dye the bottom portion.

My car is Sparkling Graphite on Bamboo Beige. I've absolutely fallen in love with this combo (I'm the 2nd owner), but thought these would look awesome as well:

Cinnamon (from E46 M3, not the newer BMW's)
Sakhir Orange
Imola Red

What color would you chose to dye your interior?
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
ersin
Brigadier General
 
ersin's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 IB E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,067
iTrader: (1)

I had an E46 M3 with cinnamon interior and loved it. I vote for cinnamon with the SG exterior.


Cheers
__________________

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
ersin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
M3anS65
Private
 
M3anS65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 pre production AW/FR m3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Ive never seen a sparkling graphite in person but i must say i love BB interior! I think imola red would look good but Cinnamon would look better.

I honestly think looking at the color of your car in pictures that Sakhir Orange would look absolutely gorgeous and be the best choice.

Keep us posted!
M3anS65 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
RBB
First Lieutenant
 
RBB's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NOVA

Posts: 344
iTrader: (10)

I'd have to go with Sakhir Orange, love that color. Cinnamon would be a close second. That sounds like a cool project, W. I'll be really interested to see how it turns out for you.
RBB is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
happos2
Dingleberries
 
Drives: Gray E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana

Posts: 1,137
iTrader: (2)

Idea - Pink Interior! Rock on.
happos2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,703
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gom3rPile View Post
Ive never seen a sparkling graphite in person but i must say i love BB interior! I think imola red would look good but Cinnamon would look better.

I honestly think looking at the color of your car in pictures that Sakhir Orange would look absolutely gorgeous and be the best choice.

Keep us posted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBB View Post
I'd have to go with Sakhir Orange, love that color. Cinnamon would be a close second. That sounds like a cool project, W. I'll be really interested to see how it turns out for you.
To give you an idea of what Sgraph would look like on Sakhir Orange, here's a Singapore Grey M5 with that interior. I'm just throwing the idea around right now, more of a feeler than anything. But honestly, I don't think this would be that hard of a project at all. Just have to be patient and take your time. Plenty of write ups online.

Always wanted Individual. Refuse to pay for it



Here's a good representation of what Sgraph looks like IRL
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
signes
Brigadier General
 
signes's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spinnin at 8k

Posts: 4,175
iTrader: (3)

As a former E46 owner with cinnamon that gets my vote. Would look awesome with SG.
__________________
08 E90 | Jet Black / Black | 6MT
Mods: RAC RG63 w/ Pirelli Corsa 255F/285R | Akrapovic Evo Exhaust | OEM Blacklines
Winter Setup: OEM 18s w/ Nokian Hakkapeliita R 245/40-18
signes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
M3anS65
Private
 
M3anS65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 pre production AW/FR m3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
To give you an idea of what Sgraph would look like on Sakhir Orange, here's a Singapore Grey M5 with that interior. I'm just throwing the idea around right now, more of a feeler than anything. But honestly, I don't think this would be that hard of a project at all. Just have to be patient and take your time. Plenty of write ups online.

Always wanted Individual. Refuse to pay for it



Here's a good representation of what Sgraph looks like IRL
wow that looks good! Why pay when youre capable? Haha Diy is what makes a car enthusiast!

Ps. looking through your other threads and you have a gorgeous car, goodluck with whatever route you choose.
M3anS65 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
The first ones I saw were on E46's and they turned out great. There are plenty of examples floating around. Since it's been kind of dead around here lately, figured it would be fun to have a discussion. Here's an example:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777877

I'm a DIY kind of guy, plus I plan to keep my E92 M3 for a long long time (if not forever). I've toyed with the idea of dying my interior another color just to change things up. Our cars are so much easier to do than E46 M3's (assuming you have non extended leather) because we'd only have to do the seats and door panels. The E46 guys have to either find a new dash, or dye the bottom portion.

My car is Sparkling Graphite on Bamboo Beige. I've absolutely fallen in love with this combo (I'm the 2nd owner), but thought these would look awesome as well:

Cinnamon (from E46 M3, not the newer BMW's)
Sakhir Orange
Imola Red

What color would you chose to dye your interior?
Love this color ... looks fantastic ... good luck with the project keep us posted. If you do it a step by step photo record would be great. Remember a photo equals 1000 words I'm a great believer in that (used always plenty of photographs in my technical reports). Look forward to see more of your project.

Great tread BTW

__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,703
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gom3rPile View Post
wow that looks good! Why pay when youre capable? Haha Diy is what makes a car enthusiast!

Ps. looking through your other threads and you have a gorgeous car, goodluck with whatever route you choose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
Love this color ... looks fantastic ... good luck with the project keep us posted. If you do it a step by step photo record would be great. Remember a photo equals 1000 words I'm a great believer in that (used always plenty of photographs in my technical reports). Look forward to see more of your project.

Great tread BTW
Thanks for the kind words! The more I research, the more I want to do this. Have to figure out how to take the front seat apart. Looks like it's neck and neck between Cinnamon and S.Orange.

I looking into this UK company that does a 2 stage color change. There's also a matte clear coat put on afterwards. I was worried about how this would hold up after a couple of years, but apparently, putting a couple of layers of clear coat at the end really helps.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
maxenar
Enlisted Member
 
maxenar's Avatar
 
Drives: ESS VT2-650 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

I like to keep mine black lol
maxenar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST