BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-25-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
jason7391
Private
United_States
4
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2013 Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (0)

What to get next?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if I can get your opinion on what you think would be a good next car.

I currently have a 2013 E92 M3, Jet Black. I LOVE the car but I'm starting to feel like I need something new. I love the motor (tuned with custom exhaust), I love the way it handles and I love the way it looks. What I don't love is how the interior plastics are starting to fall apart. The plastic paint is starting to peel off and other bits and pieces keep rattling driving me crazy. It's also starting to get up there in miles, almost 63k.

What do you guys like/recommend?

I am not die hard BMW so I have no problem switching brands. Nothing in BMW's current lineup really suits my fancy to be quite honest. I really LOVE the new CTS-V but that car isn't in my budget at the moment.

I'd like to stay with 8 cylinders but the number of cars that have them is starting to dwindle.

Let me know what you guys think!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
buddy211
Private
6
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: bmw m3 2009
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: irvine

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
ford mustang shelby gt350
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 05:57 PM   #3
loveskiing
Major
United_States
456
Rep
1,419
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

There's only four choices once you've tasted the fruits of an m3,
1) McLaren mp4-12c
2) Ferrari 458
3) Porsche 918
4) Bugatti Veyron (unless you want to wait for the Chiron)
Start like most of us do with buying #1 and keep going down the list. Let us know which ones your going to keep and which ones your going to sell.
Happy Motoring!
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2016, 07:39 PM   #4
Zalamander
New Member
Zalamander's Avatar
1
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 2013 e92 m3
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Wayne, NJ

iTrader: (0)

If the CTS-V isn't in your budget I'd assume any of the above listed aren't either.
There aren't many cars that have what your looking for anymore, especially German. If you're looking to avoid turbos I'd look at a 2015 RS5 as its the last year with the NA v8 and is only a year old, provided your ok with awd

Last edited by Zalamander; 09-25-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #5
wanesso
Second Lieutenant
wanesso's Avatar
37
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: '08 e92 M3, no mods,no probs
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 GT-R  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason7391 View Post
Hey guys,

Just wondering if I can get your opinion on what you think would be a good next car.

I currently have a 2013 E92 M3, Jet Black. I LOVE the car but I'm starting to feel like I need something new. I love the motor (tuned with custom exhaust), I love the way it handles and I love the way it looks. What I don't love is how the interior plastics are starting to fall apart. The plastic paint is starting to peel off and other bits and pieces keep rattling driving me crazy. It's also starting to get up there in miles, almost 63k.

What do you guys like/recommend?

I am not die hard BMW so I have no problem switching brands. Nothing in BMW's current lineup really suits my fancy to be quite honest. I really LOVE the new CTS-V but that car isn't in my budget at the moment.

I'd like to stay with 8 cylinders but the number of cars that have them is starting to dwindle.

Let me know what you guys think!

GT-R!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #6
shimmy23
e90 daddymobile
shimmy23's Avatar
158
Rep
949
Posts

Drives: e90 IB M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: WA

iTrader: (1)

Some already mentioned above but here's my input for ya and not listed in any order:

RS5
GT-r
IS-f
AMG C63
__________________
-brandon

e90 IB journal

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 09:30 PM   #7
///M3Owner
Lieutenant
///M3Owner's Avatar
62
Rep
543
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Porsche Gt3/Gt4
Shelby Gt350r or Upcoming Gt500
Z06 or Grandsport
__________________
2011 E92 M3 Metallic White Competition Package
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 10:36 PM   #8
Bimmer-M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Bimmer-M3's Avatar
96
Rep
1,664
Posts

Drives: SG M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: VA

iTrader: (1)

I vote for GT-R as well !
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 11:07 PM   #9
pbonsalb
Brigadier General
353
Rep
3,941
Posts

Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Concord, NH

iTrader: (3)

997TT, GTR, GT350, C7 GS, CTSV, Camaro.

I will most likely go 997TT.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 11:45 PM   #10
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
Rat3d ///M's Avatar
United_States
528
Rep
1,653
Posts

Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany

iTrader: (1)

Sorry any advice I give will be shit. There is literally nothing under $100k I would rather have than my M3 besides a Gallardo (my next car in the next few years)
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2016, 12:13 AM   #11
kel_m3
First Lieutenant
kel_m3's Avatar
Canada
19
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kelowna, BC

iTrader: (6)

Had a E46 M3, then E93 M3, then a R35 Black Edition GTR, and back to a E92 M3 and I'm not sure I know what I would replace it with other than a 991.2 but I still think I would miss the S65 V8.
__________________
2008 BMW M3 /// 2004 BMW M3 ///2013 BMW X5 ///
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2016, 01:37 AM   #12
Yvette
E 9 0 S E X I O N
Canada
181
Rep
6,891
Posts

Drives: M3,Macan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (18)

there are many cars in my opinion that drives better than e9x m3. However, looking at the value of e9x m3 these days, nothing can beat it in same $ range though.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2016, 01:57 AM   #13
///3dkn
Captain
///3dkn's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
957
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 // F15 X5 35d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest

iTrader: (7)

P-Car!

You can only go up from here, don't go down. Well that's my plan anyways.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 02:53 AM   #14
spiderspider
Lieutenant
65
Rep
417
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 DCT, E90 328i, E46 330i
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (0)

I'm looking at E30's. Not to replace. But to drive, restore. Sorry, guess i'm not much of a 'got have new shit just because it's new shit and my shit is over 50K miles' kinda guy.

go buy an audi or something
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 07:37 AM   #15
Helmsman
Colonel
Helmsman's Avatar
Sweden
483
Rep
2,817
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Jason, new cars are alway fun but it cost the buck, specially a proper upgrade from a E9xM.
Sounds like you like the M. Its a 2013 so not totally out of age, thought about sorting out the interior rattle, maybe what ever other bits and bobs that need fixed? Will cost you a fragment vs change and you know what you get, should alternative be used.

The idea of selling has crossed my mind too (specially since I have people who want to pay not far from what I gave soon 3y ago!), but simply haven't found a alternative specially 4d. +I'd probably loose a shitload on whatever alternative selling it a few years from now.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2016, 08:14 AM   #16
jason7391
Private
United_States
4
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2013 Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Jason, new cars are alway fun but it cost the buck, specially a proper upgrade from a E9xM.
Sounds like you like the M. Its a 2013 so not totally out of age, thought about sorting out the interior rattle, maybe what ever other bits and bobs that need fixed? Will cost you a fragment vs change and you know what you get, should alternative be used.

The idea of selling has crossed my mind too (specially since I have people who want to pay not far from what I gave soon 3y ago!), but simply haven't found a alternative specially 4d. +I'd probably loose a shitload on whatever alternative selling it a few years from now.
I've started to fix the rattling and have had some success but it is a never ending process. I feel like as soon as I fix one rattle another one pops up. I could deal with the rattling but as far as the paint peeling off the trim, I don't want to deal with that. It seems like the money I'd spend the parts that need to be replaced could cover my downpayment on a new car LOL.

For some reason, I never thought about the new ZL1 until someone on here mentioned a Camaro. It would make sense for me because it's basically like a 2 door CTS-V. If the price is in the same range as the old one, I think that car would be perfect for me. I'm certainly not anti-Chevy, I've already had 2 Camaros. I would love to see how much quicker it is that the V considering it's a few hundred pounds lighter.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #17
Helmsman
Colonel
Helmsman's Avatar
Sweden
483
Rep
2,817
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Ps. You're not alone with the rattle - although bit strange with a '13 think - heres another input for ya: http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=162365
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 09:46 AM   #18
DSilk
Captain
United_States
111
Rep
643
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Alfo Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. It won't arrive until 2017, but with 505 bhp and less weight than the new M3, it should be a force to reckon with. Go online to look at photos, but I can tell you (having seen one at the Miami International Auto Show) that it looks even better in the flesh. Price hasn't been announced, but it is expected to go for about the same as the M3, or somewhere around $70,000.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:08 AM   #19
SDPLV
Second Lieutenant
44
Rep
273
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilk
Alfo Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. It won't arrive until 2017, but with 505 bhp and less weight than the new M3, it should be a force to reckon with. Go online to look at photos, but I can tell you (having seen one at the Miami International Auto Show) that it looks even better in the flesh. Price hasn't been announced, but it is expected to go for about the same as the M3, or somewhere around $70,000.
Looked like a solid M3 competitor...except I dont know if I could ever move away from a M3 to an Alfa Romeo.
__________________
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII, BE RB Swap, MS Drop-in AF, Hawk HPS Pads, Stage 1 AMS ECU Tune, GTS DCT Update, OEM Split AR
Other: 06 E83 X3 White
Sold: 02 E46 330Ci Black
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 11:57 AM   #20
jason7391
Private
United_States
4
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2013 Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilk View Post
Alfo Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. It won't arrive until 2017, but with 505 bhp and less weight than the new M3, it should be a force to reckon with. Go online to look at photos, but I can tell you (having seen one at the Miami International Auto Show) that it looks even better in the flesh. Price hasn't been announced, but it is expected to go for about the same as the M3, or somewhere around $70,000.
The specs look promising on this car. The only worries I have are about servicing and repairs since there aren't a whole lot of dealers for Alfa.

I'm really leaning towards the ZL1. The more I look into it, the more I fall in love.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 03:41 PM   #21
Beemdog
Woof!
Beemdog's Avatar
United_States
224
Rep
1,325
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sonoma Cownty, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Shaguar F Type...
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #22
Flying Ace
mdosu
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
1799
Rep
7,466
Posts

Drives: X5d, Civic M3 w/1.5 psi off
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post
Sorry any advice I give will be shit. There is literally nothing under $100k I would rather have than my M3 besides a Gallardo (my next car in the next few years)
This.

It's hard to get a better bang for the buck (performance-wise) than the E9X M3. That said, you may want to look into a 997.2 C2S variant, or a C6 Z06, a C7 GS, and some older GTRs. Other than that, be read to be disappointed with whichever you pick or get ready to shell out $75k+ cash for a better/faster car
__________________
08 SSII E90 M3 ZCP Poser
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST