BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-08-2015, 11:59 PM   #1
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Broadway Static Coilovers (review)

So I realized I had failed to report back on the Broadway static coil overs. I will say overall I like the setup and what it came with. The parts seem to be very well constructed. Coilovers were well boxed, and setup wasn't bad. I will break down areas to speak to them directly.

Included: Front camber plates for the front coilovers, Swift racing springs of a 16k spring rate, a three perch locking nut setup allowing for height adjustment independent of spring pre load and compressionRears were single locking perches on the strut with dual locking on the spring perch for the lower control arm. Lastly adjustable swap bar end links.

Construction: Coil overs feel a tad heavy but sturdy in their construction from top to bottom. Welds appear to be clean and without gap. (Expected but speaking to it). Coil overs handle abuse very well, whether that is intended or not. I had a small incident coming down a parking garage where the lights were out and I could not see the unpainted curb at the clip of the turn. I clipped the curb at about 10 mph causing the car to lift up and drop down. When I got the car home I had expected to see a bent coilover or broken perches from how voilent the drop felt. I pulled the coil overs apart only to find that the only shift was at the camber plate. (thank god) I reset everything to my previous setting and the car continued to perform as it had before.

Handling: I would say my car's current setting are not the best to determine this point. My car is rather low running quite a bit of front rake. This to my understanding promotes understeer entering in to an apex but straight line stability is improved. However with the lil times that I get to use the car in hard cornering or high speed banking coming in a on ramp the car seem to react very controlled. I feel as if the car can move much faster than what I am taking it in the turns.

My first experience with this was while traveling with a group of f80s on 595 and we took a hard long 3 lane 110 degree turn and I felt a degree of nausea. While the car remained platted and powered through thee turn at over 70 mph and being able to exit flat out. While clearly not the safest thing, I was quite amazed the car reach a lateral g of that point without losing grip.

Durability, I've placed over 10k on the coil overs thus far and have nothing but good words about the coilovers. No signs of rust or exterior oxidation. I am in Florida so this is a import point with the about of salt in the area coming off the ocean.

Priced: coil overs were well priced for what they came with in my opinion the normal cost for the 500 series with custom spring rates is 1700. I paid a bit lower as a returning customer.

Bad: No instruction included in the setup for the rear which took quite a bit of trial and error for fitment on how to setup the rear strut. I’ve in stalled dozens of coilovers on various of different cars and have never been confused while installing on until this setup. As well as the rear damping adjustment is only able to be reached by jacking up the car and removing the wheel which is stupid in my opinion. Also no direction is indicated on the damper in the rear to say which way in stiff or soft and took trial and error to find a sweet spot.

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #2
MCFilmWerks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3

It looks awesome, broadways were the plan until I cracked a valve spring haha
Appreciate 0