BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
SROC5
Addicted to Track
SROC5's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,647
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

iTrader: (3)

Thumbs up Thank You ESS Tune.

Just wanted to say after driving with the ESS Tune for a prolonged period of time, I couldn't be happier. It just pulls so much better after 5k revs and all the way to redline. Seems like the tune simply sharpens the response of the throttle and increases the urgency.

Not that this is new news to anyone, but I just had to share my experience after thoroughly testing and driving with the tune.

Thanks to Roman and Asbjorn for the great customer service!
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Roman@ESS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Roman@ESS's Avatar
109
Rep
2,664
Posts


 
Drives: ESS Supercharged E92 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Just wanted to say after driving with the ESS Tune for a prolonged period of time, I couldn't be happier. It just pulls so much better after 5k revs and all the way to redline. Seems like the tune simply sharpens the response of the throttle and increases the urgency.

Not that this is new news to anyone, but I just had to share my experience after thoroughly testing and driving with the tune.

Thanks to Roman and Asbjorn for the great customer service!
Glad you are enjoying it
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
BuckRodgers
Private First Class
1
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

+1 only guys I would trust with tuning my M3.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
328
Rep
10,632
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Just wanted to say after driving with the ESS Tune for a prolonged period of time, I couldn't be happier. It just pulls so much better after 5k revs and all the way to redline. Seems like the tune simply sharpens the response of the throttle and increases the urgency.

Not that this is new news to anyone, but I just had to share my experience after thoroughly testing and driving with the tune.

Thanks to Roman and Asbjorn for the great customer service!
Good to hear, any experiences on the track with/without the tune you can share?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
275
Rep
17,369
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

another happy ESS Tuning customer!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
IMG
M.POWER
IMG's Avatar
104
Rep
7,066
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

iTrader: (6)

Good stuff
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
SROC5
Addicted to Track
SROC5's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,647
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Good to hear, any experiences on the track with/without the tune you can share?
Sure Tom, there's a marked difference in the straights (time reaching top speed in 3rd or 4th) and power coming out of a turn. The power is simply better distributed throughout the rev range it seems.

When compared to stock, the car pulls stronger up to redline then before ,especially in 4th, where it would get anemic before hitting redline. I can hit 140s in a snap now.

I honestly don't know how much time it shaved off factually, because so many factors contribute to improving your time, but I was coincidently 1-2 seconds faster that day. It could be the tune or just me having a "good day".

Net, love the tune and worth the investment IMO. A must have, especially if you're keeping the car NA and doing only engine / exhaust bolt ons. It just brings everything together nicely.
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
radiantm3's Avatar
United_States
159
Rep
3,881
Posts

 
Drives: >1000 HP in my garage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.80]
2013 BMW X5M  [4.33]
2014 BMW i3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRodgers View Post
+1 only guys I would trust with tuning my M3.
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
duk
///M
United_States
42
Rep
2,967
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

agreed
__________________
2011 AW/FR 6MT E92 | Powered by Premier | Alekshop | ESS |
Rok n Peace Clothing: www.roknpeace.com

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
FogCityM3
Lieutenant Colonel
FogCityM3's Avatar
36
Rep
1,743
Posts

 
Drives: M3 (E90)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Love mine as well, especially how its most noticeable at 4-5k+ rpm..perfectly accents what I loved about this engine to begin with. I had little interest in having more hp/torque at the low end esp in a MT, where the last thing I needed was more wheel torque/spin. Customer service is also beyond reproach.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
Mmmdreamer
Lieutenant
Mmmdreamer's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
542
Posts

 
Drives: 08 e90 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jersey City

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Sure Tom, there's a marked difference in the straights (time reaching top speed in 3rd or 4th) and power coming out of a turn. The power is simply better distributed throughout the rev range it seems.

When compared to stock, the car pulls stronger up to redline then before ,especially in 4th, where it would get anemic before hitting redline. I can hit 140s in a snap now.

I honestly don't know how much time it shaved off factually, because so many factors contribute to improving your time, but I was coincidently 1-2 seconds faster that day. It could be the tune or just me having a "good day".

Net, love the tune and worth the investment IMO. A must have, especially if you're keeping the car NA and doing only engine / exhaust bolt ons. It just brings everything together nicely.
All you need is to remove the meow meows now, then you will be the next big thing...
__________________
[08 e90 M3. Jet Black/Black. Dinan Rear Exhaust. ACM Test Pipes. ESS Tune. Eibach Pro-Kit + e36 bumpstops. 18x10 Apex Arc-8. AA Air Filter. RPI Scoops. CREE Angel Eyes. OEM Blacklines. Black Reflectors. Gloss Black Grills. Matte Black Gills. ZCP Shift Knob]
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #12
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
43
Rep
2,788
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thanks for sharing! Good to hear that the gains you feel above 5000RPM are exactly depicted on many of the dynos floating around too!

Enjoy power and improved drivability!

Be weary of some of the posters in this thread....they have a tendency to tempt many of us to crave boost, LOL....
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #13
SROC5
Addicted to Track
SROC5's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,647
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

iTrader: (3)

LOL, maybe one day I will.
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #14
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
kwike92's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,584
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 m3 coupe | 2011 STi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mission Viejo, Ca

iTrader: (6)

The meow meows.. Lol! First I have heard that!
__________________
2009 E92 M3- basic mods, future track car.
2011 Subaru STi daily driver- Stock, for now...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
United_States
2
Rep
254
Posts

 
Drives: 2x01 330, 02 M3, 13 ZCP M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

I'm also very happy with my ESS tune, but perhaps the best part of it is the 'valet mode'.

Only ESS touches my ECU... that much is clear.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
143
Rep
9,656
Posts


 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Thanks for sharing! Good to hear that the gains you feel above 5000RPM are exactly depicted on many of the dynos floating around too!

Enjoy power and improved drivability!

Be weary of some of the posters in this thread....they have a tendency to tempt many of us to crave boost, LOL....
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
ms372
White Shark
ms372's Avatar
Canada
21
Rep
911
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

ESS FTW! Roman ill need and update for my software when summer comes..
__________________
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
328
Rep
10,632
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Sure Tom, there's a marked difference in the straights (time reaching top speed in 3rd or 4th) and power coming out of a turn. The power is simply better distributed throughout the rev range it seems.

When compared to stock, the car pulls stronger up to redline then before ,especially in 4th, where it would get anemic before hitting redline. I can hit 140s in a snap now.

I honestly don't know how much time it shaved off factually, because so many factors contribute to improving your time, but I was coincidently 1-2 seconds faster that day. It could be the tune or just me having a "good day".

Net, love the tune and worth the investment IMO. A must have, especially if you're keeping the car NA and doing only engine / exhaust bolt ons. It just brings everything together nicely.
Agree completely. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #19
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,697
Posts

 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Nice ! Enjoy ......
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #20
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
BMRLVR's Avatar
Canada
39
Rep
2,332
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRodgers View Post
+1 only guys I would trust with tuning my M3.
+1000........ One of the few tuners that seem to do actual R&D and not just experimentation. Notice how they don't come out with a new better tune claiming so much more power every few days, there is a reason for that!!!
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #21
sergkoko
Comrade
sergkoko's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
133
Posts

 
Drives: 14 M235i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
I was thinking about contacting ESS about tuning my car, since I noticed they were in AZ like myself. Do they do just the engine performance tune or can they also code things like Euro MDM and all the other little things like seatbelt chimes and fuel reminder 1/4 tank to 1/8, or do I need to have one of the gentlemen of BPM Sport do that part?
__________________
14 M235i
09 E92 M3- Sold
07 E92 335i- Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
SROC5
Addicted to Track
SROC5's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,647
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergkoko View Post
I was thinking about contacting ESS about tuning my car, since I noticed they were in AZ like myself. Do they do just the engine performance tune or can they also code things like Euro MDM and all the other little things like seatbelt chimes and fuel reminder 1/4 tank to 1/8, or do I need to have one of the gentlemen of BPM Sport do that part?
Roman@ESS posted on this thread and you should just speak to him directly to get an accurate answer, or simply drive over or call them, they provide great customer service.
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST