BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
dmw16
Captain
18
Rep
931
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 ///M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Is it time to replace my rotors?

I have 3 events (7 total days) planned for this season (which will be my first) and I am working on getting my car to top form.

As such I checked my the rotors on my E46 M3 and the discs are 28.05mm thick, but there is about a 1.1mm tall ridge on the outside (and I assume on the inside) which puts my rotors right about 26mm and the replacement thickness per the Bentley Manual is 26.4mm.

So I am thinking it's time to change my rotors. Am I right?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
ThunderMoose
Captain
14
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 C2S and 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: League City, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16
I have 3 events (7 total days) planned for this season (which will be my first) and I am working on getting my car to top form.

As such I checked my the rotors on my E46 M3 and the discs are 28.05mm thick, but there is about a 1.1mm tall ridge on the outside (and I assume on the inside) which puts my rotors right about 26mm and the replacement thickness per the Bentley Manual is 26.4mm.

So I am thinking it's time to change my rotors. Am I right?
Go ahead and replace them
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
dmw16
Captain
18
Rep
931
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 ///M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
Go ahead and replace them
I figured as much. Maybe it's BBK time. A set of zcp rotors are $1700.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
ThunderMoose
Captain
14
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 C2S and 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: League City, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16
I figured as much. Maybe it's BBK time. A set of zcp rotors are $1700.
Where are you sourcing these? Turner has fronts for $500 and rears for $230.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
dmw16
Captain
18
Rep
931
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 ///M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
Where are you sourcing these? Turner has fronts for $500 and rears for $230.
I thought that was per corner. Perhaps I'm an idiot?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
ThunderMoose
Captain
14
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 C2S and 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: League City, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
Where are you sourcing these? Turner has fronts for $500 and rears for $230.
I thought that was per corner. Perhaps I'm an idiot?
It's per set - 2 rotors per set.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
dmw16
Captain
18
Rep
931
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 ///M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
It's per set - 2 rotors per set.
In conclusion I'm an idiot
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST