BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GetBMWParts

08-22-2007, 04:01 AM   #23
Kane317

Drives: 2005 WW Evo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
  • 11mpg is during almost race pace driving, BMW has promised 8-9% better mpg than the E46 M3 and M-DCT will add another bit of improvement.
I'll also add that I believe in BMW CAR magazine, they stated that while crusing normally, it predicted up to 30 mpg. It's all dependent on how you drive. I'm sure rev it pass 5000rpms and the mpg will dip under 18 mpg.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 04:54 AM   #24
esquire
Colonel
United_States

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzef View Post
Ahh stop yer fuss and whinning, I can speak my mind.

Buncha blind loyalists, the truth can't be denied..read the reviews, don't take it out on me, I'm dissapointed myself more than most people.
What's the point of a forum if all that can be said or thought is positives about a car that is getting terrible reviews one right after another and no one is saying a word. I'm beginning to wonder how many of you work for BMW. LOL

I hope the bmw fairys in here are right, cause I'll need a car in a year...and I had my hopes for the E92.
Joseph
San Diego
you seem like more of a VW type of guy to me. maybe a jetta, but if you're feeling really cutesy, you can even go for beetle vert.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 05:19 AM   #25
ILC32
Lieutenant

Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

I am going.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 08:17 AM   #26
Epacy
Reincarnated

Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Buncha blind loyalists, the truth can't be denied..read the reviews, don't take it out on me, I'm dissapointed myself more than most people.
What's the point of a forum if all that can be said or thought is positives about a car that is getting terrible reviews one right after another and no one is saying a word. I'm beginning to wonder how many of you work for BMW. LOL

I hope the bmw fairys in here are right, cause I'll need a car in a year...and I had my hopes for the E92.

Joseph
San Diego

So basically you side-stepped my whole post. How'd I know that was going to happen?
Go back to talking smack to the My Little Pony crew about how they use red lipstick instead of maroon.
      08-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #27
lucid
Major General
United_States

Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Poor Juzef unleashes the wrath of the m3post community on himself and sinks deeper with each post...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #28
mkoesel
United_States

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

LOL, my wife mentioned something to me about this last night. I wasn't paying much attention - I thought she saw it on the internet or something. I guess she was going through the mail.

We both joked about going. I am sure its fun, but there's no way in hell I put my $5500 into this instead of just putting it into the car itself. If anything I would just do an ED and go wreak havoc on the Autobahn.
      08-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #29
mkoesel
United_States

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

Quote:
Judging by the reviews, I predict that this M3 will make record breaking LOSSES!
How 'bout a friendly little wager on that?
      08-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #30
Garrett
Banned

Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
What's wrong? I know, these words aren't very pleasing, but please take it out on BMW not me. I'm just as dissapointed, infact, I'm beyond dissapointed. I don't want your attention nor a fight believe me. I'm here for the same reason anyone truely interested in the M3 would be here for.
It's been years of waiting already.

If you're a true enthusiast or a true M3 fan, I apologise if my words aren't very pleasant to you. It's not my intention to piss anyone off or flame. I'm just keepping things real. Please note, everything I've ever said has been based upon facts, and are genuine comming from a real M3 fan.

Joseph
San Diego

No, because your looking at the old aluminum Inline-6 and thinking M3....

This is a new M3 and your really not getting whats really under the hood. We're talking about a 420hp 4liter buzzing to 8,400rpm..!!

Hmmm.... doesnt that remind you of Ferrari ..?

Have you EVER cared or wondered what the mpg's of a Ferrari's where..?? Your missing the point of this car. It is a 4-seat Ferrari coupe. Ponder this before you reply..! btw... God told me

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #31
2002 Tii
Private

Drives: Cooper S JCW

I can't underestand why we Continuously try to prove to one another that this car is great, ok, not so good or sucks, its just plain boring. If its not a good car DO NOT BUY IT.
The pricing issue is even more frustrating. BMW is sending invitations to potential buyers to travel 5000 miles to go test drive a car that they have no idea how much it will cost!!!
It has been six months or longer since the official (unofficial) unveiling of the car in Geneva, the car has been released on a few different continents, so BMW obviously knows the production costs and profit margins, why is it so hard for them to release a price?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 12:06 PM   #32
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States

Drives: E92 M3

Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Tii View Post
I can't underestand why we Continuously try to prove to one another that this car is great, ok, not so good or sucks, its just plain boring. If its not a good car DO NOT BUY IT.
I guess cuz we're all bored, opinionated and it is fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Tii View Post
The pricing issue is even more frustrating. BMW is sending invitations to potential buyers to travel 5000 miles to go test drive a car that they have no idea how much it will cost!!!
It has been six months or longer since the official (unofficial) unveiling of the car in Geneva, the car has been released on a few different continents, so BMW obviously knows the production costs and profit margins, why is it so hard for them to release a price?
+1000 on those points. Ugh.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #33
jpm3
Private

Drives: (sold) 02 E46 M3 Avus Blau

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Poor Juzef unleashes the wrath of the m3post community on himself and sinks deeper with each post...
lol, can't stop laughing
      08-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #34
Bennu
Colonel
United_States

Drives: BMW Coupe

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

Joseph
San Diego
Well thats what u get for your one sided posts. You have not shown proof to back up any of your statements, and you call us blind loyalists? It sounds like you have an agenda. You must be a politition the way you have not answered our questions or rebuts and turned it around on us. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and you can say what you want here, but if all you have is your negative PERSONAL OPINIONS, how can we really take you seriously? Show us some facts from credible sources and you wont get pounded on the board like this.

Personally I think you have already lost all credibility here but lets see what you post next. Maybe you might surprise us.

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 02:05 PM   #35
EBuyuk
Private

Drives: E60 M5

I called them about 5 hours ago as soon as I read my e-mail and I am number 10 on the waiting list. This sucks. I hope that they do another event as well. Its stupid to mass mail such an invitation and not have enough spots for it. Its not like I thought about it before I called.

Please, people on the list.....Cancel your booking, I want to go there really bad.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #36
EBuyuk
Private

For those on the waiting list. I just got an e-mail saying that a spot opened up so I registered. It turns out, spots are opening up. I am so thrilled that I gett to drive it in Nurburgring before ordering it. Cross your fingers if you are on the list.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #37
ILC32
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBuyuk View Post
For those on the waiting list. I just got an e-mail saying that a spot opened up so I registered. It turns out, spots are opening up. I am so thrilled that I gett to drive it in Nurburgring before ordering it. Cross your fingers if you are on the list.
We'll have to compare notes over beer! See you there!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #38
EBuyuk
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILC32 View Post
We'll have to compare notes over beer! See you there!
Yeah, that'll be fun. Did you know that there is another event on the 5th and 6th called BMW Experience Nordschleife? You get to drive the Z4M coupe on the Nordschleife (20km lap) for 4 hours on the morning of the 6th. Anybody else doing that as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #39
ILC32
Lieutenant

Quote:
Yeah, that'll be fun. Did you know that there is another event on the 5th and 6th called BMW Experience Nordschleife? You get to drive the Z4M coupe on the Nordschleife (20km lap) for 4 hours on the morning of the 6th. Anybody else doing that as well?
I did not know about the Oct 6 event. I already made my return travel plans and I return on Oct 5 unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #40
EBuyuk
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILC32 View Post
I did not know about the Oct 6 event. I already made my return travel plans and I return on Oct 5 unfortunately.
I see. I'm signed up for it. But I am not sure if I should do it as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #41
ILC32
Lieutenant

Quote:
I see. I'm signed up for it. But I am not sure if I should do it as well.
I cannot think of a reason not to do it. Its a fantastic opportunity to thrash a good car on the greatest track in the world.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 05:45 AM   #42
EBuyuk
Private

My only hesitation is that what if it rains that morning? I might be better off maybe if I postpone the event to May and drive when it is dry....

Can a German member please advise on how the weather is usually in the beginning of October?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 06:03 AM   #43
Big Windy
Major General
United_States

Drives: audi s4

Garage List
usually rainy and overcast. but sunny days happen too. two years ago it was already snowing in october, but last year it was only occasional rain. it is really hard to say.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 01:29 AM   #44
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany

Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Quote:
A desperate attempt to cut their losses before the official news comes out, in my opinion.
Judging by the reviews, I predict that this M3 will make record breaking LOSSES! I base this prediction based upon the fact that all reviews thus far agree! The gas milage is terrible (as low as 11mpg! by Evo Mag) and more importantly, the steering wheel feedback from the wheels will be diminished significantly thus resulting in a less than fun drive not to mention being possibly dangerous on wet surfaces. The M3 is targeted to well educated, middle class males in their early 30's to mid 40's. Another words, we're not rich, and we're not stupid. We're well informed and base our purchases on well thought out reasonings.

We shall see, and if all these reviews are wrong,.. I'll happilly buy one, but it's not looking good.

Joseph
San Diego

Wait a minute,

If you blindly believe what you read in the Magazines, you
are pretty blind and one sided in your thinking. You believe others
have are better qualified than you are !

I have some Oceanfront Property in El Cajon I will sell you !