BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

EclipsisNA

02-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #221
Carolyn0944
Private First Class

Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle

Send a message via AIM to Carolyn0944
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Very interesting to read. In many ways me and you are alike then. I also pray to God and confess sins to him. I dont pray to anyone else or confess sins to people hoping to be forgiven. You are also right that there are other consequences apart from forgiveness. For example, if you steal something and you ask for forgiveness you still need to give the thing back to it's rightful owner.

The only real difference between me and you is that you believe Prophet Jesus (AS) to be God and that he died for us. You also believe that his blood saves you...

But if I could just make a small point here. I hear a lot of Christians telling me they are born again in the blood of Jesus Christ and they live a new life. Can I ask what the significance of that is? The reason I ask is because all religions convey a message of being peaceful and righteous etc.

What I'm really trying to say is, what makes you 100% sure that Prophet Jesus (AS) is who you claim he is, what makes you 100% that his blood saves you?
You speak of Prophet Jesus; to me He is not a prophet; He is the Son of God; sent to earth in earthly form so that we may come to know Him; just as I spoke earlier about Jesus explaining to Nicodemus about baptism on the Roman Road; He told him ye must be born again; In the OT there was always sacrificial animals before Christ; Christ (Jesus) was the ultimate sacrifical lamb; he shed His blood on calvary to save a wretch like me; this is where the washed in the blood of Christ comes in; I did not have to shed blood to be saved by grace, Christ already did that for me. The very scripture that was earlier spoken about John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He sent His only son that whosover believes on Him shall be saved. Everyone makes this out to be so much more complicated than it really is. God tells us in His word that unless you come to him as a little child (with blind faith) you cannot be saved. We must take some things at His word for the Bible tells us that some things we will never understand on this side of Heaven.

A simple childlike prayer recognizing Christ as being born to save us from our sins and that He rose on the third day after death. If we believe upon His name, ask forgiveness for our sins, and we can go to heaven. Oh how simple this is to refuse this and spend eternity in hell. Some people do not believe there is a literal hell, but it is such a sad sad mistake on their part. Now this prayer of salvation is just the beginning of your Christian walk. You must be serious about this prayer and your life after it should reflect you are a Christian by what you "bear in fruit" (do in His name)...Church, giving, fellowship, the way you act and speak, all bear witness of your new life in Christ.
Carolyn0944 is offline   United_States
      02-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #222
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn0944
of Christ comes in; I did not have to shed blood to be saved by grace, Christ already did that for me. The very scripture that was earlier spoken about John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He sent His only son that whosover believes on Him shall be saved.
I see a lot of Christians quoting this verse. This verse was thrown out of the Bible by 32 Christian scholars of the highest eminence backed by 50 cooperating denominations as a fabrication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn0944
Everyone makes this out to be so much more complicated than it really is.
It's not that I find it complicated, but I like to talk to lots of Christians because it's interesting to hear the different beliefs they have. I hope I didnt come across that way.
      02-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #223
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

People, these are man made fairy tales. Please stop debating it. You sound like a Lord of the Rings fan convention.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      02-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #224
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
People, these are man made fairy tales. Please stop debating it. You sound like a Lord of the Rings fan convention.
If you're not interested, why are you here? go away if you dont want to be involved.
      02-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #225
ATG
Major

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
The LORD called Moses, and from the meeting tent gave him this message:

"Speak to the Israelites and tell them: When any one of you wishes to bring an animal offering to the LORD, such an offering must be from the herd or from the flock. "If his holocaust offering is from the herd, it must be a male without blemish. To find favor with the LORD, he shall bring it to the entrance of the meeting tent and there lay his hand on the head of the holocaust, so that it may be acceptable to make atonement for him.
He shall then slaughter the bull before the LORD, but Aaron's sons, the priests, shall offer up its blood by splashing it on the sides of the altar which is at the entrance of the meeting tent. Then he shall skin the holocaust and cut it up into pieces. After Aaron's sons, the priests, have put some burning embers on the altar and laid some wood on them,
they shall lay the pieces of meat, together with the head and the suet, on top of the wood and embers on the altar. The inner organs and the shanks, however, the offerer shall first wash with water. The priest shall then burn the whole offering on the altar as a holocaust, a sweet-smelling oblation to the LORD.
"If his holocaust offering is from the flock, that is, a sheep or a goat, he must bring a male without blemish.
This he shall slaughter before the LORD at the north side of the altar. Then Aaron's sons, the priests, shall splash its blood on the sides of the altar.
When the offerer has cut it up into pieces, the priest shall lay these, together with the head and suet, on top of the wood and the fire on the altar. The inner organs and the shanks, however, the offerer shall first wash with water. The priest shall offer them up and then burn the whole offering on the altar as a holocaust, a sweet-smelling oblation to the LORD. "If he offers a bird as a holocaust to the LORD, he shall choose a turtledove or a pigeon as his offering.
Having brought it to the altar where it is to be burned, the priest shall snap its head loose and squeeze out its blood against the side of the altar.
Its crop and feathers shall be removed and thrown on the ash heap at the east side of the altar.
Then, having split the bird down the middle without separating the halves, the priest shall burn it on the altar, over the wood on the fire, as a holocaust, a sweet-smelling oblation to the LORD.

WHAT A NICE PIECE OF PROSE!
ATG is offline   Cuba