BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #23
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
bump for you. as much as I am going to kick myself in the nuts for not getting this, after extremely careful consideration, I cannot bring myself to spend on a suspension of any kind until my skills warrant it. camber only for now...suspension in a year or so.

and this will probably be the one...just not at this price
JRZ ain't cheap, but they are worth the price. I have tried a few diff suspensions on the M3, and this was by far the best one.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,420
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
bump for you. as much as I am going to kick myself in the nuts for not getting this, after extremely careful consideration, I cannot bring myself to spend on a suspension of any kind until my skills warrant it. camber only for now...suspension in a year or so.

and this will probably be the one...just not at this price
You're looking at this all wrong...You should buy this suspension now and then you won't need to buy another suspension as you continually improve your driving "skills"

Just like STALKER, I've used quite a few different dampers and spring rates on the e92 M3, and I've been extremely impressed with the car control (transitions, braking, absorbing bumps mid corner, etc) and range of damping adjustability (each "click" has an impact on performance, easy to create street and track setups) of the RS1s! The spring rates of 500/800 lbf/in are a great dual-purpose setup on the e9x M3. Don't pass up this opportunity...
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #25
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
You're looking at this all wrong...You should buy this suspension now and then you won't need to buy another suspension as you continually improve your driving "skills"

Just like STALKER, I've used quite a few different dampers and spring rates on the e92 M3, and I've been extremely impressed with the car control (transitions, braking, absorbing bumps mid corner, etc) and range of damping adjustability (each "click" has an impact on performance, easy to create street and track setups) of the RS1s! The spring rates of 500/800 lbf/in are a great dual-purpose setup on the e9x M3. Don't pass up this opportunity...
What he /\/\/\/\ said, LOL.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #26
Zzhou
Lieutenant
 
Zzhou's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 SSII ZCP DCT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Lafayette,IN/Shanghai,China

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

Bump for you! one of my favorite suspensions. Just don't have the $$$$for it at this point.
__________________

AA Green Filter/AA Pulley/AA catless X-pipes/AA signature exhaust/AA TUNE/TMS studs/Project Kics R40/AD08/Vorsteiner GTS5 Bumper/LUX H8
Zzhou is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
raziel5201314
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

Posts: 556
iTrader: (1)

May i ask how much when you purchase brand new?
raziel5201314 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #28
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,420
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel5201314 View Post
May i ask how much when you purchase brand new?
He purchased his suspensiom setup from BimmerWorld. I have the same setup (except for the brand of rear adjuster and rear springs) and also purchased my RS1 setup from BimmerWorld. Here's a list of the items included (plus their price) in the RS1 compete setup:

RS1 setup
Dampers $2500
Strut adapters $180
4 Hypercoil 2.25" F /2.50" R 4x$75=$300
Hypercoil helper springs $70
Genesis spring couplers $80
Torrington bearings (F only) $50
Rear spring perch/adjuster $260
Rear damper upper mounts $65
F sway bar adjustable end links $110
F camber plates $320
Total $3935 without shipping

STALKER - please correct any mistakes I may have made or if you are including any additional items
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST