BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Steve Thomas BMW
View Poll Results: Why did you buy a 2013 E92 M3?
Lease ended on an older M3, and wanted the same car to get me to new M3/M4 10 18.87%
I wanted the best version of this car to keep in my collection indefinitely 37 69.81%
I'm a defector from another brand/marque, and realized how awesome the E92 M3 is and wanted one 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #45
NAV8TT
Major
NAV8TT's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
883
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

iTrader: (0)

All of the above
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #46
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
557
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tri-State

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
It confers balls of steel and is compensatory for insecure M3 drivers.
hahaha, you're such a douche!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #47
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
10
Rep
976
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 AW
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
It confers balls of steel and is compensatory for insecure M3 drivers.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #48
MSteve5036
Lieutenant
5
Rep
486
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 / 96 328is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: blue dot

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
There isn't an option for this but I looked into trading my 08 in for a 13 and couldn't justify it. But I'm not really worried about apps, bluetooth audio, and things like that.
Same here! I want to get the last year of the V8 so badly but cant justify it cause I got a good deal on mine and it still has only 21k miles.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #49
llis
octane chick
llis's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,133
Posts

 
Drives: Ms
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2002 BMW 530i (fs)  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
llis, have you got a thread?
Not yet. I don't even have the car yet! Only ED photos. Maybe I should post those for starters?
__________________

2013 E92 ///M3 ZCP 6MT Speed Yellow 2003 E39 ///M5
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #50
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
84
Rep
5,396
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
Not yet. I don't even have the car yet! Only ED photos. Maybe I should post those for starters?
See OP, her car will be valuable and retain value (why that's even that important I don't know) because it's a very unique color AND it's a 6MT. Not because it's a 2013.

And yes please post more pictures of the car, even if it's from ED!

Some answers from other members were worth my time, otherwise this thread from the OP is borderline worthless haha.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #51
SROC5
Addicted to Track
SROC5's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,645
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
See OP, her car will be valuable and retain value (why that's even that important I don't know) because it's a very unique color AND it's a 6MT. Not because it's a 2013.

And yes please post more pictures of the car, even if it's from ED!

Some answers from other members were worth my time, otherwise this thread from the OP is borderline worthless haha.
- it's so bad , it's good. so worthless it's got one of the highest post and view counts... hahaha love it. The OP certainly understands how to solicit a response! +1
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #52
MSteve5036
Lieutenant
5
Rep
486
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 / 96 328is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: blue dot

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
Not yet. I don't even have the car yet! Only ED photos. Maybe I should post those for starters?
Isnt speed yellow a porsche color? Im not sure I just thought I saw that as an option before
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #53
llis
octane chick
llis's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,133
Posts

 
Drives: Ms
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2002 BMW 530i (fs)  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSteve5036 View Post
Isnt speed yellow a porsche color? Im not sure I just thought I saw that as an option before
It's a Porsche Color. But it's also an Individual Color from BMW. "Speedgelb".
__________________

2013 E92 ///M3 ZCP 6MT Speed Yellow 2003 E39 ///M5
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #54
MSteve5036
Lieutenant
5
Rep
486
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 / 96 328is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: blue dot

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
It's a Porsche Color. But it's also an Individual Color from BMW. "Speedgelb".
Cool cool. It looks awesome cant wait for more pics
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #55
bvanderbilt
Private First Class
2
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Because a 2013 is newer than a 2011

Because I get to do European Delivery again

Because the new coupe won't be out till 2015 so that is 2 yrs. to enjoy the latest coupe M3

Because the new M3 might have "active sound design"

Because my 2013 with a few more options is $100/mo cheaper than my 2011 which I have plenty of equity in, thanks ED.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #56
Bimmr7
Private
United_States
0
Rep
80
Posts

 
Drives: 13 E92 M3/11 328i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328  [0.00]
2010 BMW 335 M Sport  [0.00]
For me it was just perfect timing. My lease on my E92 335 M sport was coming off lease. Sent out a couple of PM's to a few dealers for a F30 335, an E92 335is, and a 2013 E92 M3 (for $hits and giggles). Low and behold the M3 came back just $20 more than I'm paying on my current 335. So I ordered it and now it's in finishing touches.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #57
Class-of-2013
Second Lieutenant
11
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Driver's Seat

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanderbilt View Post
Because a 2013 is newer than a 2011

Because I get to do European Delivery again

Because the new coupe won't be out till 2015 so that is 2 yrs. to enjoy the latest coupe M3

Because the new M3 might have "active sound design"

Because my 2013 with a few more options is $100/mo cheaper than my 2011 which I have plenty of equity in, thanks ED.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmr7 View Post
For me it was just perfect timing. My lease on my E92 335 M sport was coming off lease. Sent out a couple of PM's to a few dealers for a F30 335, an E92 335is, and a 2013 E92 M3 (for $hits and giggles). Low and behold the M3 came back just $20 more than I'm paying on my current 335. So I ordered it and now it's in finishing touches.
, buy mods during the killer of a wait time. It shall be here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
- it's so bad , it's good. so worthless it's got one of the highest post and view counts... hahaha love it. The OP certainly understands how to solicit a response! +1
, I know what the "mob" wants and I deliver.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #58
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
It's a Porsche Color. But it's also an Individual Color from BMW. "Speedgelb".
Absolutely llis.

European delivery is awesome.

Please yours is an awesome speed yellow.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #59
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
Nutinup's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
215
Posts

 
Drives: 13" AW/FR EXT E93 M3/ IND trim
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Well...

1. Bc I paid about 15-18k below invoice for a vert with individual trim through Military sales
2. I paid cash bc of his cost
3. I am NEVER getting rid of him
4. Me love he!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:28 AM   #60
Munit
Banned
8
Rep
220
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

What a wierd poster who started this. ZCP has been around since what, 2010? My 2012 had the latest software as well. So really aside from being the last model year, a 2013 has nothing unique that was a 2013-only characterstic.

ZCP is like 3 years old-your a bit late to the game!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #61
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
557
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tri-State

iTrader: (0)

-NA V8
-240E ECU Updated Software
-ZCP Option
-2013 being the last year will have the least depreciation (all else being equal)
-Hoping to keep this car in my collection and also get a M4, 911 Cayman S, etc.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #62
bvanderbilt
Private First Class
2
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Because if the 2015 sucks then the 2013 will be the best year of the E92.

Because if the 2015 is awesome then the 2013 will have the highest resale of any of the E92s.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #63
Class-of-2013
Second Lieutenant
11
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Driver's Seat

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanderbilt View Post
Because if the 2015 sucks then the 2013 will be the best year of the E92.

Because if the 2015 is awesome then the 2013 will have the highest resale of any of the E92s.
I agree...but put your fire suit on, you're about to be flamed by every other non-2013 owner here.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #64
gatorfast
Colonel
gatorfast's Avatar
32
Rep
2,661
Posts

 
Drives: MR E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class-of-2013 View Post
I agree...but put your fire suit on, you're about to be flamed by every other non-2013 owner here.
You are not being flamed for owning a 2013. You are being flamed for stating that because its a 2013 that makes it somehow better than any M3 that isnt.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #65
Class-of-2013
Second Lieutenant
11
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Driver's Seat

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
You are not being flamed for owning a 2013. You are being flamed for stating that because its a 2013 that makes it somehow better than any M3 that isnt.
Ha, I think people misunderstood, but I find it entertaining to watch all the "hurt" prior year owners lash out.

The only reason a 2013 would be "better", is that the depreciation on a 1k mileage 2013 ZCP is less over time than any other 1k mileage prior year M ZCP (excluding limited frozen editions etc., GTS). Just like owning any end year M, everyone generally wants the last year so its resale value will be higher later. Simple car economics.

So going back to the original quote, it is the 'best' one because all else being equal the resale value will be higher if you keep this puppy in your car collection.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #66
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
147
Rep
7,863
Posts

 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Absolutely llis.

European delivery is awesome.

Please yours is an awesome speed yellow.
Julie, I see you are enjoying your ///M3 I see you got it with the DCT after all ... the long wait is over Smart move to wait till the first largest purchase was taken care of

I see you enjoyed your ED as well ... did you have some good German food?

Safe driving always ... say hello to hubby for me.

PS. Tip ---> If you edit your M3 garage (just click on edit then save) it will move your M3 up to the top on the list.
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST