BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #45
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
w00tw00t's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
1,716
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY M4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Seriously, you are making an ass out of yourself.
normally I just ignore these threads but seriously folks, why the heck does everyone get their panties in a knot so quickly? Canadian stig raised several good points

1. the Veyron is basically a super ugly, super fast car which while an engineering masterpiece and something that pushed car-tech forward, is basically meant for "show-off" on normal streets. that's all and that's it.
2. the m3 is an excellent DD / track car. I bought it to track it too .. and I DD it. It does both fairly well. are there other cars that do it better .. sure... but the m3 does too...

It is actually quite funny how there are forum members out here who get all mad and defensive so damn quickly... are they the ones who are super insecure?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #46
Ghetto2315
Major
United_States
31
Rep
1,277
Posts

 
Drives: Like I Stole It...
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The REAL Jersey Shore

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I'm laughing my @$$ off at work reading this thread
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #47
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,907
Posts

 
Drives: Legacy GT - 13.704@99.39
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manheim, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
...the Veyron is basically a super ugly, super fast car which while an engineering masterpiece and something that pushed car-tech forward, is basically meant for "show-off" on normal streets. that's all and that's it...
Beautiful and ugly are opinions. In my opinion the Veyron is neither beautiful nor ugly, but it looks as if it could kick everybody's ass - which I suppose was purposeful on the part of the stylists.

Per your quote above (and per Canadian Stig), I believe that anyone who owns a current M3 and is down on the Veyron because you can't use its full potential on public roads needs to look in the mirror.

Ever hear of the word "introspection"?

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #48
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
w00tw00t's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
1,716
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY M4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA

iTrader: (11)

nevermind...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #49
canadian stig
Banned
canadian stig's Avatar
3
Rep
242
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
normally I just ignore these threads but seriously folks, why the heck does everyone get their panties in a knot so quickly? Canadian stig raised several good points

1. the Veyron is basically a super ugly, super fast car which while an engineering masterpiece and something that pushed car-tech forward, is basically meant for "show-off" on normal streets. that's all and that's it.
2. the m3 is an excellent DD / track car. I bought it to track it too .. and I DD it. It does both fairly well. are there other cars that do it better .. sure... but the m3 does too...

It is actually quite funny how there are forum members out here who get all mad and defensive so damn quickly... are they the ones who are super insecure?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #50
Amri215
Banned
Amri215's Avatar
3
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #51
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
130
Rep
6,481
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
It's a car to own because right now it's the pinnacle of automotive engineering
Just like If you are into race cars, you'd want to own a formula 1 car
I'd love to own one, heck I'd love to drive one
But I don't think driving it is more likely than owning it

There are a few cars like this
The McLaren F1 etc
There are certain cars that appeal to the real car lover
They might not be good to go get groceries in
But then again
That's not their intended purpose
It's not a "jack of all trades" type car
But is certainly the master of one
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #52
happos2
Dingleberries
18
Rep
1,182
Posts

 
Drives: Gray E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
Look at it this way - engineers have created something new. I don't care who buys it or if it never sells. The idea is a show of technology and what is possible. In some way or form, the technology will flow down to the normal people. If engineers didn't challenge the boundries, we wouldn't have airplanes, we would still be using horse and buggies, hell the wheel may have never been invented nor would this forum.

Now, back to the OP, good find, that is a lot of power and a very fast car. I can't wait for Jeremy to test this car on Top Gear!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #53
Vic311
Banned
United_States
17
Rep
1,469
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
Look at it this way - engineers have created something new. I don't care who buys it or if it never sells. The idea is a show of technology and what is possible. In some way or form, the technology will flow down to the normal people. If engineers didn't challenge the boundries, we wouldn't have airplanes, we would still be using horse and buggies, hell the wheel may have never been invented nor would this forum.

Now, back to the OP, good find, that is a lot of power and a very fast car. I can't wait for Jeremy to test this car on Top Gear!
I find it incredible that any true car enthusiast wouldnt appreciate the engineering that goes into a car like this.

Thanks for getting the thread back on track..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #54
TVMA Doc
Captain
TVMA Doc's Avatar
7
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SF Bay

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldierforhire View Post
my favorite car on the planet getting better? Anyone have a job paying 2.5mil so i can pick one of these up?
You would be best advised to have a net worth of at least $60 Million in order to "afford" one. You'll need to ask for quite a raise once you find that job.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST